Post Match Ipswich 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fascinating interview with Mick McCarthy on the BBC website in which he is very generous toward Leicester. However, there is a remarkable part in which he claims that his players had heard from some Leicester players that we would play 4-4-2. It is, of course, possible that Leicester players were bluffing but either way this is something to be discouraged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24967626

The whole thing about Leicester playing 4-4-2 seemed like a big joke - probably between McCarthy and Pearson. McCarthy gave an interview at least the day before the match saying that he was so sure that Leicester would play 4-4-2 that the local radio reporter could hit him with a wet copy of the Radio Times if they didn't. Then, when Radio Suffolk were discussing the teams immediately before the match, they were laughing when they announced Leicester were playing 4-3-3.

Booing players is unsavoury at the best of times but Ipswich fans should be ashamed of themselves for having booed David Nugent for playing well.. Leicester fans are not guiltless. They booed Ronaldhino in a friendly about ten years ago presumably for having scored against England in the World Cup.

In 1953 the genius of Ferenc Puskas destroyed England at Wembley making the great Billy Wright look foolish. Shortly afterwards he played a friendly at Wolves and was applauded by fans who appreciated a great footballer. When the Billy Wright stand was opened Puskas was Billy's guest of honour. That was the right attitude.

Obviously I am not suggesting that Nugent is as good as Puskas - yet..

Booing players is unsavoury at the best of times but Ipswich fans should be ashamed of themselves for having booed David Nugent for playing well.. Leicester fans are not guiltless. They booed Ronaldhino in a friendly about ten years ago presumably for having scored against England in the World Cup.

Are you referring to the pre-season friendly against Barcelona at the Walkers Stadium?

If so, I was there and took the booing of said player to be a bit of a piss-take and indeed when he was subbed off he got a generous round of applause from the Leicester fans.

Are you referring to the pre-season friendly against Barcelona at the Walkers Stadium?

If so, I was there and took the booing of said player to be a bit of a piss-take and indeed when he was subbed off he got a generous round of applause from the Leicester fans.

That was not the way I understood it but you may well be right.

Would someone who was at the match please say how Hammond and Miguel performed. Against Fulham I thought they were our best players.

That was not the way I understood it but you may well be right.

Would someone who was at the match please say how Hammond and Miguel performed.
Miguel pretty well. All the players were a little off the pace in the first half, but Hammond, like the rest of the team, improved a fair bit in the second half. Just as an aside, Andy King was not in the game at all in the first half. A pretty brave decision by Pearson to take him off, as he is now, in terms of appearances, one of our senior players.

There is a fascinating interview with Mick McCarthy on the BBC website in which he is very generous toward Leicester. However, there is a remarkable part in which claims that his players had heard from some Leicester players that we would play 4-4-2.

A blue-haired radio presenter playing for the City? That would be a first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669