Is a top four finish achievable or a pipe dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately, there are a few teams in the chasing pack that are inconsistent and will take points of each other and drop points just as we are doing. So I'm not worried about a top 4 finish... yet. If someone does stick a run together though.

Tbh, I'm more concerned about our performances of late than I am about our league position (though one does obviously lead to the other)

Erm, not really.

Have I miss understood the question of the thread title?
It’s your statement “I’ve been saying it for a while......”
So ****ing pessimistic
We are 3rd, we were hoping for top 6.
We are looking bloody good for top 4.
Man U gained 2 points on us in the last 5 games, they are supposed to be the in form team!
Rather than have another coffee, try a brandy and a cigar, put your slippers and cardi on, and say, come on ****ers, we’ve got this :)

It’s your statement “I’ve been saying it for a while......”
So ****ing pessimistic
We are 3rd, we were hoping for top 6.
We are looking bloody good for top 4.
Man U gained 2 points on us in the last 5 games, they are supposed to be the in form team!
Rather than have another coffee, try a brandy and a cigar, put your slippers and cardi on, and say, come on ****ers, we’ve got this :)

But I've been saying it over a period of time where we are showing that we haven't 'got this'

I'm not going out of my way to be pessimistic, I'm forming an opinion based on the way we are playing and the rate at which the gap is closing.

But I've been saying it over a period of time where we are showing that we haven't 'got this'

I'm not going out of my way to be pessimistic, I'm forming an opinion based on the way we are playing and the rate at which the gap is closing.
Over a period of time we are 3rd!

I'm with Lako42 Lako42 on this one. Our position in the league flatters us at the moment. Before Christmas I'd have said it was a position that reflected how we were performing, but since then, I think bottom half of the table would be a better reflection. Still need five wins, and I can't see where one is coming from at the moment, so yes, pessimistic, but only because these be pessimistic times!

Our form since the new year puts us in 12th

The fact that we are still comfortably 3rd with the 3rd best defence and the 3rd highest scorers, shows how good our start to the season was, and how poor the Premier league is right now.

The fact that we are still comfortably 3rd with the 3rd best defence and the 3rd highest scorers, shows how good our start to the season was, and how poor the Premier league is right now.

I wouldn't say comfortable.

These players need a 15 point gap otherwise they'll shit their pants.

The league is shit. Most of the matches are also shit. Wolves are 2 points off a champions league spot ffs. Man Utd are shit but occupy that spot. Load of wank. Reckon we'll manage to get top 5 still.

I don’t think top 5 will be enough. Man City have shown their intention to appeal and I fully expect any ban and/or fine to be suspended pending the outcome of that appeal. The wheels of the CAS grind extremely slowly and the Man City lawyers will be doing all they can to ensure that they are part of next year’s Champions League.

I don’t think top 5 will be enough. Man City have shown their intention to appeal and I fully expect any ban and/or fine to be suspended pending the outcome of that appeal. The wheels of the CAS grind extremely slowly and the Man City lawyers will be doing all they can to ensure that they are part of next year’s Champions League.
I agree.

Yep. There are two sides to this one - How we do and how the other teams do. 2 points dropped by Chelsea helps us again.

And so continues the circle of shite. Manure will probably lose tomorrow, Wolves will draw for a change meaning Spuds will too.

As I said before, we seem fortunate that the teams immediately below us are themselves struggling with consistency. I think we'll be alright for a top 4 finish but if someone does put a run together than I might start getting a bit nervy. But really, lets chill for a bit, we've got 9 points on 5th place so there's a good buffer there. Our performance is concerning me way more at the moment than any threat to our league position.

Like I said, the Premier league is absolute dross this season.

We could still **** it up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758