Is anybody there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

Can anyone recall the average attendance during City's promotion-to-the-Premiership years?

I seem to remember being squeezed in among 30,000 or so quite regularly - and a pretty noisy 30,000 at that cos many's the time my son and I went home hoarse.

Now its more like a wake.
It's so quiet most of the time the Walkers'll be getting listed in the National Trust guidebook as a tranquil inner city haven of rest.

The point is there were 21,000-odd watching Preston which means the gate is falling faster than that jewellery company's shareprice when the boss called his own products "crap".

City are selling a product and more and more fans are deciding that too is "crap" and I wonder what is the optinum economic level for attendances these days?.

Surely, City cannot long afford to absorb the increasing financial shortfall?
Results help attendances but that's not the whole story. City are by now means out of the picture promotion-wise because there's a lot of dog-eats-dog.

No, many fans are rejecting the Walkers because the passion, the entertainment value is poor and getting worse.

Today was a classic example and not the first. We had Preston by the painful place. It might have been all over with the chances and rejected penalty claims after 20 minutes but then a woeful loss of concentration meant another of our famous "shots into our own foot" and we went straight into a creative daze.

Result ... not just 1-1 and two more home points lost but a tame, utterly uninspiring 1-1 draw which hardly reflected a fair days football for a lot of f.....g big pay packets.

Once more the fans were cheated of fair value - in fact they'd have got more thrills watching a chess match after the initial flurry.

How long will the directors let it go on? Because at this rate the gates will be down below 18,000 shortly and if I were one of the directors I'd be bloody livid about that.

Listening on LCFC World to the commentary I couldn't hear any noise from the fans,not much when we scored.It was very quiet all match

I was in the Kop but it seemed to only be a few people singing there :-/ No one near me seemed to be. I joined in most of the time, but I felt a bit stupid on me own :oops:

It was worth going today though just for Muzzy ;)

Graz said:
I was in the Kop but it seemed to only be a few people singing there :-/ No one near me seemed to be. I joined in most of the time, but I felt a bit stupid on me own :oops:

It was worth going today though just for Muzzy ;)

That's brightened the Forum. I didn't know about you and Muzzy. :lol: :wink:

Adams asks for the faith. The only faith we have is that we won't be in the conference next year because it's impossible.

To be fair to the fans we were once again served up some pretty dire stuff, in the opening 15 mins we played ok but then it started to degenerate back to the usual, but the fans never got on the teams back to their credit.

These players are well paid and IMO at present they need to inspire the crowd, where I was sat there was an air of inevitability that we wouldnt beat them and we would play shite, but still people are turning up to support.

Till trev went off the crowd was ok yesterday, once he was gone there really wasnt anything to cheer about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566