• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a hope in hell, he's just a Loser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

If he is what makes a legend because i think he was just an average player at the club!

I do not think he is a legend, but I did like him and he was a good player for us. He always gave 110% but you must admit that he was probably one of the least skillful players in MON's 'hayday' team.
Sh*t sorry forgot Guppy :roll:

dave said:
If he is what makes a legend because i think he was just an average player at the club!

That doesn't make sense mate. But I am starting to agree with you that perhaps Savage doesn't make it in to the city legends catergory, I still thought he was a great player to have in our team.

Sheer energy and motivation.
He is a legend, but there are people higher up the legend ladder.

Malf said:
dave said:

That doesn't make sense mate. But I am starting to agree with you that perhaps Savage doesn't make it in to the city legends catergory, I still thought he was a great player to have in our team.

Sorry lack of punctuation!
'If he is, what makes a legend? Because i think he was just an average player at the club'

I don't think you can class him as a 'legend', but I think he was a great player for our club. I think he typified Leicester's fight and grit, we don't necessarily play the prettiest football but we battle and get stuck in and I think this is why Savage was well liked at Leicester.

What do you mean Guppy wasn'nt a skillful player?? He set up like 50% of our goals. His crosses were great, and that goal he once scored on his right foot.... well

Fox Fan said:
What do you mean Guppy wasn'nt a skillful player?? He set up like 50% of our goals. His crosses were great, and that goal he once scored on his right foot.... well

..it was a beauty - against Spurs. The amount of curl on that shot was amazing!~

Fox Fan said:

When you mention the word skillfull Guppy is not one of the players that comes to mind. I am not disagreeing about his crosses, he was probably one of the best crossers of the ball at the time, but that is it, he did not have alot of skill and my grandma could tackle better.
That goal against Chelsea was a cracker, but so was the one Coatworth scored from 35 yards?? at Filbo, he was still sh*t though.
Guppy did what was asked of him and played in a good team, sorry that I do not see him through the 'blue tinted specs' you do.

Fox Fan said:

Guppy wasn't skillfull ata ll, infact he was fcukin shit near the ned of his time at leicester. He was a quality crosser, and scored the odd good goal! But wasn't skillfull and rarely could beat a man. He was so frustrating at times, he wlaso managed to sky one over from 2 yards out against Wimbledon many years ago, nob.

Ha ha loving the thread Dave, think you are just trying to wind Bluemistress up aint ya!!

Everyone (I think know's) how i feel about lily so i aint gonna bother writing it again!!

It used to make me p*** when watching "Showboat" on Soccer AM Guppy pops up with that flick thing, I think he must of done it the once in his entire playing career + was just lucky it was caught on camera!!

He was my favourite player. Never say never. Passion. Commitment. Was a major part of the MON era. A must have and would walk into our midfield again no problem. I always hope he will return. Fiesty. Controversal. An icon. Gave LCFC plenty of publicity. Everyone hated him and that kind of suits the LCFC players we all fall in live (eg Dickov). Wish he was still here. There's only one Robbie Savage...............

delboy said:
Ha ha loving the thread Dave, think you are just trying to wind Bluemistress up aint ya!!

Everyone (I think know's) how i feel about lily so i aint gonna bother writing it again!!

It used to make me p*** when watching "Showboat" on Soccer AM Guppy pops up with that flick thing, I think he must of done it the once in his entire playing career + was just lucky it was caught on camera!!

That used to make me piss too, everyone used to name him percy coz he used to glare his eyes like the train off thomas the tank engine.

I think we are all being very harsh towards steve guppy, i agree he wasn't the greatest dribbler of the ball but his crosses were so good he didn't have to beat the man to get a great cross in.

Southern Fox said:
He was my favourite player. Never say never. Passion. Commitment. Was a major part of the MON era. A must have and would walk into our midfield again no problem. I always hope he will return. Fiesty. Controversal. An icon. Gave LCFC plenty of publicity. Everyone hated him and that kind of suits the LCFC players we all fall in live (eg Dickov). Wish he was still here. There's only one Robbie Savage...............

Tut tut!! Move on mate!!

A legend is not necessarily a player with the greatest talent. What makes Savage a legend fo us is because he is so different to anyone else. He runs like a mad man all day, he had long girly hair, dodgy tatoos and ws hated by everyone. Iv never seen anyone hated by as many people as he is. he would be in my midfield anyday and most other people i think.

he is legend for what he was, not just for how he played.

Plus he twatted Wise at that X-mas party which shoots him right up in my estimation!!

guppy on the other hand wasnt a legend, just a decnt player who had awesome crossing ability. Pity he didnt thave the speed to beat players much and only had one foot!!otherwise he would have been much better and may have added to his one cap.

Spider said:
A legend is not necessarily a player with the greatest talent. What makes Savage a legend fo us is because he is so different to anyone else. He runs like a mad man all day, he had long girly hair, dodgy tatoos and ws hated by everyone. Iv never seen anyone hated by as many people as he is. he would be in my midfield anyday and most other people i think.

he is legend for what he was, not just for how he played.

Plus he twatted Wise at that X-mas party which shoots him right up in my estimation!!

guppy on the other hand wasnt a legend, just a decnt player who had awesome crossing ability. Pity he didnt thave the speed to beat players much and only had one foot!!otherwise he would have been much better and may have added to his one cap.

Spot on there kidder, Savage is a great chap on and off the pitch.

Spider said:
and has a smashing bird..the long haired puff!!!!

She fit as a butchers dog, bet he's exchanged bodily fluids with her a few times.

Rainbow Kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758