Is this us???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it is us, it's pleasing to see that we are willing to pay money for a player. I have heard rumours that Novo would prefer to go to Rangers, but they seem to be reluctant to pay much for him and he won't be guaranteed a first team place. I am not getting my hopes up as Novo is a class player and I have a sneaky feeling someone will pinch him off us.

Oooh ya beast, that'd make us all smile again wouldn't it. A new signing brings in new hope.

Joe_Fox said:
Oooh ya beast, that'd make us all smile again wouldn't it. A new signing brings in new hope.
Oooo i dunno, im sure there'd be people moaning about their season ticket money being spent on "useless" players who ply their trade in the SPL... despite not having one :roll: :wink:

Craig said:
Joe_Fox said:
Oooo i dunno, im sure there'd be people moaning about their season ticket money being spent on "useless" players who ply their trade in the SPL... despite not having one :roll: :wink:

Not me craig mate, not me, I'm not getting a season ticket.

Joe_Fox said:
Craig said:
Joe_Fox said:

There would be a few though...

Craig said:
Joe_Fox said:
Craig said:
Joe_Fox said:

There would be a few though...

Oh aye, plenty. Fickle bunch of fans we've got, fickle to the hills.

The reports up here suggest a spanish side have bid £400,000 for Novo and Rangers need to up their offer,no mention of us.Duffy the Dundee manager says Novo would be worth £3 million in England and he 's going nowhere on the cheap(still under contract).However Dundee haven't a pot to piss in so they will accept any half decent offer.

highland fox said:
The reports up here suggest a spanish side have bid £400,000 for Novo and Rangers need to up their offer,no mention of us.Duffy the Dundee manager says Novo would be worth £3 million in England and he 's going nowhere on the cheap(still under contract).However Dundee haven't a pot to piss in so they will accept any half decent offer.

A un-named English Division One team have bid £400,000 and we we're heavily linked with him last week and a few months ago Adams was seen at a few of Dundee's matches

I didn't think we would be in a position to offer that much. Micky must think he's that good if he's prepared to pay nearly half a million for him. (If it's true of course)

Scowcroft said:
I didn't think we would be in a position to offer that much. Micky must think he's that good if he's prepared to pay nearly half a million for him. (If it's true of course)

Scowy mate, if you think about it though we have released a f*ck load of players plus got a couple of hundred thousand for Scimeca and Dickov. Adams is a keen admirer, he's scouted him several times i've heard. You don't score 30 goals for nothing in the SPL, it might be a piss poor league but they have a knack for having some little gems in that league (Novo being one of them)

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

Scowy mate, if you think about it though we have released a f*ck load of players plus got a couple of hundred thousand for Scimeca and Dickov. Adams is a keen admirer, he's scouted him several times i've heard. You don't score 30 goals for nothing in the SPL, it might be a piss poor league but they have a knack for having some little gems in that league (Novo being one of them)

I realise that. But even with those players released, we still have a limited budget in the region of around £2-3 Million. So by paying 400k, that's already taken out a huge chunk of the budget. Although, if he is as good as some people say, it could well be worth it.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

...and Canero.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

I realise that. But even with those players released, we still have a limited budget in the region of around £2-3 Million. So by paying 400k, that's already taken out a huge chunk of the budget. Although, if he is as good as some people say, it could well be worth it.

But as Adams has said he doesn't need a big squad as he did last season, what with the academy players coming through too. We actually only need 7 or 8 players, so if we pay for a couple of them and get the rest in for free happy days. Cullip is on his way, get in

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

But as Adams has said he doesn't need a big squad as he did last season, what with the academy players coming through too. We actually only need 7 or 8 players, so if we pay for a couple of them and get the rest in for free happy days. Cullip is on his way, get in

We will need more than 7/8 players IMO. We can't expect to rely on the academy player coming through. We'll probably have only 1 or 2 coming through next season.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

We will need more than 7/8 players IMO. We can't expect to rely on the academy player coming through. We'll probably have only 1 or 2 coming through next season.

7-8 at least Scowy, I'd be more inclined to say that we need 11 more players. More games in division one and hence more injuries, suspensions, etc.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

I don't think we will need that many, as long as we have a squad of 20 and then players like O'Grady, Petrescu, etc then we're laughing. Perhaps get two or three on loan aswell.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

I don't think we will need that many, as long as we have a squad of 20 and then players like O'Grady, Petrescu, etc then we're laughing. Perhaps get two or three on loan aswell.

No, 20 is not enough. As Joe pointed out, It's Division 1, more games, more injuries, suspensions etc....

If you take Sheffield United as an example, Warnock moaned a lot (as usual) about having too small a squad and being hampered by injuries. Their squad is 24 men strong. Do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757