"it is a long-term contract, six weeks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and yes, a bit long, but you know you bottle things up...

In reponse to the other comment, this could be the type of business which, a year or two later, leads to clubs being docked points, fined, relegated. There's something oddly fishy about the whole thing. He was off to Leicester quite unexpectedly, then gone within a month to a Premier club. Both clubs could have found someone far more high profile, but look at the business - City have already made 300k at least from it. Megson and Curtis are clearly ones to keep an eye on, and I'm sure the FA are already raising eyebrows.

That said, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory and there are 'experts' like Curtis in all businesses pushing their clients, it's probably more a case of criminal idiocy than actual corruption. The probable truth is that two chairmen simply don't know the difference between a good manager and a ginger tosspot.

That's a bit long again isn't it? What's wrong with me?

In the end, the fans were responsible for Megson leaving. The response during the Sheffield United game did to him what, 11 years ago, it very nearly did to Martin O'Neill. From suggesting that he'd stay on Monday, suddenly Megson requested to leave the club on Tuesday night. This happened because Mandaric had not respected the fans' wishes and treated the appointment of a manager with worrying flippancy.

I disagree. I think Megson always planned to go to Bolton. He never gave a toss about what our fans think. If he did, he wouldn't be going to Bolton, where by all accounts, the fans will lprobably ynch him before their first league game!

I disagree. I think Megson always planned to go to Bolton. He never gave a toss about what our fans think. If he did, he wouldn't be going to Bolton, where by all accounts, the fans will lprobably ynch him before their first league game!

he's probably used to abuse from an early age with being ginger. i've still got a spring in my step that he has gone and hopefully now we will have our first decent manager for more than half a decade, not that i anticipate that with much confidence

In the end, the fans were responsible for Megson leaving. The response during the Sheffield United game did to him what, 11 years ago, it very nearly did to Martin O'Neill. From suggesting that he'd stay on Monday, suddenly Megson requested to leave the club on Tuesday night.

Completly absurd.

Everyone with half a brain and bot of knowledge about practice in football knew that Megson was on the move from the moment he failed to make a decisive statement that he was fully committed to Leicester and was not interested in a move to Bolton.

Check your facts mate: Megson was giving out the weasel words about it being a matter for the two clubs to sort out over the weekend. That meant: "I want out".

Presumably Mandaric is embarrassed because he made the wrong call in appointing Megson and no doubt is feeling knackered because he's got to go through it all again knowing that there ain't widespread enthusiasm amongst the better potential candidates to come to Leicester and take over a seriously crap squad - not to mention the chore of having an owner who wants to do it all himself.

The other thing is that he never actually signed any contract, which surely he would have done had he intended to stay long term. As much of a help as it has been to us i can't believe Mandaric didn't make him sign anything, we need some stability!

We have been dealt a huge slice of luck thanks to the Bolton chairman being a complete spanner, and this time we have got to get the appointment right.

Also i do think the fans had something to do with him leaving, he may have been a little undecided and the kop made his mind up for him.

Deserved it though, stupid ginger shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4572
6Norwich City4572
7Hull City4469