It's time to turn on our owners

Brown Nose

Sorry but it is time that they got the criticism they deserve. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha is no good as a leader of this club. He needs to sell up and go and stick to playing billionaire games back in Thailand.

So many fans are allergic to finding him responsible for anything negative. The outstanding success he and his father brought to us is over. Their time has been and gone. It's so tragic that his father died when and how he did. It will tie him and their legacy to us forever. But you can't be a PL owner and be this weak and indecisive.

You can't hope to compete without being prepared to put your money in. He may well be unable to support the club financially for absolutely valid reasons. But he can't hold on to it if he can't support it. It's going to kill us. We're so deep into the financial mire with our debts that relegation would destroy us. He can't just let that happen through inertia.

Susan Whelan has been lauded as an expert Chief Executive. She's supposed to be the day to day brains behind it all. She is responsible for the financial decision making. Well, she's fecked it up royally. The club is a total mess financially. She's absent whenever someone needs to step up and speak. The only time you hear from her is when she's being presented with some award for being a high up woman in business. I have to set aside how she handled herself after Vichai died which was exemplary. However, if she was any good as a leader we'd not be in the situation we are in. She'd have stepped up well before now. Sorry, she's not good enough and the time has come for her to be moved on.

And as for John Rudkin, well he's always been a poodle of King Power. He was the Academy Director when they arrived and somehow worked his way into the Director of Football role. The mess of a squad we have and the contracts handed out have to be his responsibility. The shambolic state of our U21s and U18 teams have to be his responsibility. It's fecking useless leadership. Where is the long term strategy? He needs to be got rid of.

We need new owners. New leaders. New ideas. This lot have had their time and they're just hanging onto memories now. And if we don't realise that, we'll all end up fecked together.

I’m not sure I can ever do that.

Happy to throw Rodgers under the bus he chucks everyone else under though. I firmly believe we’d be like a new team if he went.
I can. The club is rotten from the top downs d the bottom up. Ultimately, the owners are responsible for that.

It’s the owners and board who are responsible for not sacking Rodgers.

They’re the ones who let Rodgers take control of recruitment and totally **** it up.

They’re the ones who signed the cheques for the signings in the disastrous Summer 2021 transfer window.

They’re the ones who have let two big assets run their contracts down, meaning we’ll get **** all for them.

They’re the ones giving out the ridiculous contracts.

They’re the ones who are sending our club spiralling into the Championship.

They’re to blame. It’s bigger than Rodgers.

It’s the owners and board who are responsible for not sacking Rodgers.

They’re the ones who let Rodgers take control of recruitment and totally **** it up.

They’re the ones who signed the cheques for the signings in the disastrous Summer 2021 transfer window.

They’re the ones who have let two big assets run their contracts down, meaning we’ll get **** all for them.

They’re the ones giving out the ridiculous contracts.

They’re the ones who are sending our club spiralling into the Championship.

They’re to blame. It’s bigger than Rodgers.
They’re the ones who rescued our club from the doldrums.

They’re the ones who recruited Pearson.

They're the ones who recruited Ranieri.

They’re the ones who bought us the premier league title.

They’re the ones who bought us a champions league quarter final.

They’re the ones who delivered us our first FA Cup.

They’re the ones who had the vision to create an incredible training facility.

They are the ones who made us the envy of every moderately small club worldwide.

Yes, you are right. THEY are the ones.

They are the ones who made us the envy of every moderately small club worldwide.

None of that makes it acceptable for them to send us into oblivion.

I'll be honest - I'd take the memories they've given us (Champions of England, our first ever FA Cup, Champions League runs, and even the 5th place near misses) and then relegation to the Championship over where we were before - or where the likes of West Brom, Palace, Everton, Villa etc have been in King Power's time here.

I think that yes, right now they are failing to do their jobs.

But for the reason above, I don't think I can ever bring myself to turn on them.

All those things are true. They are also all in the past.

How much worse would you be prepared to see things go before your view changes?

Would relegation make you reconsider your implacable view? Maybe seeing us financially collapse?

Or can they just do whatever they want and you will always look at what they did for those few excellent years as a reason to allow anything?

Surely you can see that they've also made some horrendous decisions and got very lucky with others? Surely you can see that things are not the same as they were?

Gaydamak did a fabulous job at Portsmouth until it all went to shit. There are loads of examples of owners that did great and then it went to shit. Right now, LCFC is going to shit.

All those things are true. They are also all in the past.

How much worse would you be prepared to see things go before your view changes?

Would relegation make you reconsider your implacable view? Maybe seeing us financially collapse?

Or can they just do whatever they want and you will always look at what they did for those few excellent years as a reason to allow anything?

Surely you can see that they've also made some horrendous decisions and got very lucky with others? Surely you can see that things are not the same as they were?

Gaydamak did a fabulous job at Portsmouth until it all went to shit. There are loads of examples of owners that did great and then it went to shit. Right now, LCFC is going to shit.
Perhaps you have a point. I don’t want a change of our owners.

I have (in your opinion) respect for them as what they have helped to achieve here deserves that in my opinion.

In your ‘chip paper’ world everything is dispensable once it appears to be failing but the world isn’t as black and white as that is it.

The rough with the smooth. If you have been married for a while, think about that statement.

We are in trouble at the moment and clearly BR needs to go. That doesn’t (to me) mean that we need to turn on our owners - We shouldn’t. Have some faith, perhaps, just perhaps, there is more to this than we will ever know?

I will stick by our owners, largely regardless of where we end up.

I'll be honest - I'd take the memories they've given us (Champions of England, our first ever FA Cup, Champions League runs, and even the 5th place near misses) and then relegation to the Championship over where we were before - or where the likes of West Brom, Palace, Everton, Villa etc have been in King Power's time here.

I think that yes, right now they are failing to do their jobs.

But for the reason above, I don't think I can ever bring myself to turn on them.
Same. And again, I’m having a very hard time drumming up an venom whatsoever for Top…even in the full knowledge it looks like he’s bricked it.

They’re the ones that are losing billions in their main business
We, lcfc , is not the centre of their universe

Yep they are above criticism because of past achievements. We must never say anything that may be deemed as negative about our current situation, even if it is a bad one.

Bow down and be grateful.

They’re the ones that are losing billions in their main business
We, lcfc , is not the centre of their universe
They should move on then

Why would a Leicester City fan give a **** as to the pain a billionaire is feeling in its main business?

I only give a **** about lcfc and if they can't service that they shouldn't be running the Club.

Or at least actually ****ing communicate

It seems to me that Brenda is mainly responsible for the mess on the pitch, but that the problems go much deeper than that. We seem to have an attitude at the club that we are a top 6 club. In the last few years, we have given highly paid contracts to many average players, which has two very serious consequences. Firstly, the wages bill is way too high and totally unsustainable without European football every season. Secondly, we cannot sell these players because no other club will match their wages. So, we have to wait until their contracts run out to get them off the payroll, having received no return on the initial investment nor reduction on the loss of the original contract.

I seem to recall that when we won the Premier League, Top was given the authority to buy, or lease, BMWs in LCFC blue, for all the players. I can understand how a father would allow his son such an indulgence, but these are not his mates, they are employees. When Vichai died, the financial discipline seems to have gone with him.

It is not possible to know how the relationship between Top and Susan Whelan is structured, but as CEO, she should bear some of the responsibility for this failure of Governance.

As for the role of John Rudkin, I have no idea who he is, nor how he got the job. What I do know is that in the Corporate world, their is a talent to get the job and an ability to do the job. All too often, these two talents are not given to the same person.

I know that we all have an emotional debt to our owners. Without them, we would never have lived the dream over the last ten years or so. If, however, we dare to look forward, then we need to put those emotions behind us and apply a ruthless business logic. It is time for them to go. Sell up and recuperate most of your investment. Sell now while there is still brand value in LCFC and let someone with deeper pockets take us into our next chapter. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, but please go now and do not allow your legacy be destroyed.

Does anyone on here know what any of the upper management at the club actually sound like?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463