Confirmed Transfer Iversen loaned to OH Leuven

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if the standard in the Belgian top league is as high or maybe higher than the championship, if it is then he shouldn't be the only player to go on loan there this season, Josh Knight and Dewsbury-Hall would also be candidates.

Having a club playing at that level where we have open communication can be very beneficial to player development

I asked the same question of FoxesTalk and an OHL fan that posts on there semi regularly gave this answer

I'd say it's generally a slightly higher standard, yes. The top five Belgian clubs would probably be competitive in the second half of the PL table, The lower ranked teams are a bit harder to compare.

He's 23. I can't understand what we do with young players nowadays.

The poor fecker will probably still be a prospect when he's 35.

He's 23. I can't understand what we do with young players nowadays.

The poor fecker will probably still be a prospect when he's 35.
our first choice, who is untouchable in many people's eyes, is 10 years older, we have Ward and Jakupovic to provide cover, whats the point in not loaning Iversen out? Unless you are saying sell in which case maybe we haven't gotten suitable offers?

our first choice, who is untouchable in many people's eyes, is 10 years older, we have Ward and Jakupovic to provide cover, whats the point in not loaning Iversen out? Unless you are saying sell in which case maybe we haven't gotten suitable offers?

Agreed.

I think Iversen is still seen as a good option long term, but he needs experience.

I think more than any other position, going out on loan is the best way for young goalkeepers until they're ready.

Ward and Jakupovic are good enough backups to Kasper, and Iversen has continually grown in his loan spells. I thought he would go to the Championship this season, but if the Belgian league is a similar standard then this move makes sense.

If he's any good he should be our sub keeper. Schmeichel needs genuine competition.

Instead we have Danny Ward who has been a 'Premier League' player since joining Liverpool in 2012 and has played twice in that league in 8 years.

And Jakupovic who 99% of City fans would struggle to pick out of an identity parade.

It's idiotic.

If he's any good he should be our sub keeper. Schmeichel needs genuine competition.

Instead we have Danny Ward who has been a 'Premier League' player since joining Liverpool in 2012 and has played twice in that league in 8 years.

And Jakupovic who 99% of City fans would struggle to pick out of an identity parade.

It's idiotic.

Agreed

He's 23. He should be on the bench if he's good enough.

We just waste money on journeymen to keep all of the youth out.

This is why anyone with a shred of ability in the u23 team is ****ing off at the 1st opportunity

maybe Iversen doesn't want to sit on the bench, he got international call ups last season playing in League 1, he plays well in Belgium he could be at the Euros

If Iverson is any good he needs to leave Leicester.
Giving Morgan, jakupovic and Fuchs another year is mad, would be better given the u23's a chance else what's the point.

Statement from the club:

Young Danish goalkeeper Daniel Iversen will continue his development at Jupiler Pro League side OH Leuven after signing a season-long loan deal with the club, subject to international clearance.

The 23-year-old, who will link up with an OH Leuven outfit recently promoted to Belgium’s top tier, kept 10 clean sheets in League One last term while on loan at Rotherham United as the Millers were promoted to the Championship.

Iversen signed for City from Danish Superliga outfit Esbjerg in January 2016 and impressed for the Club’s Development Squad before joining Oldham Athletic on loan in 2018/19, where he kept 16 clean sheets in all competitions.

The promising young goalkeeper, who signed a new contract to 2025 earlier this year, has represented Denmark from Under-16 to Under-21 level, and received his first call-up to the senior squad in 2019.

He now joins an OHL side that will contest the 2020/21 season in the Jupiler Pro League following the conclusion of their promotion-winning Proximus League campaign.

The new season marks their first campaign in the top tier since 2015/16, which they got underway with a 1-1 draw with KAS Eupen at King Power at Den Dreef Stadium on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757