Injury News James Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night BR said VDC isn't ready to play as a right back in a back four, just as a wing back at the moment.
He may have to change his tune now.

Oh ffs. Gutted for Justin.

He was getting more and more talk for the England squad.

But more importantly, he's been our player of the season so far and his versatility has been a huge asset too Huge, huge loss for our fight across all competitions.

No. Watch how he did it. Totally unnecessary attempt to pass the ball when he could have either taken it down and controlled it or cleared it. He chose the most difficult and awkward option. I'm not blaming him but it's completely absurd to blame the manager. It is what it is.

You don’t think it’s possible that Justin has played too much football this season?

For me the appropriate response to this news is empathy for the player, rather than blaming him.

No. Watch how he did it. Totally unnecessary attempt to pass the ball when he could have either taken it down and controlled it or cleared it. He chose the most difficult and awkward option. I'm not blaming him but it's completely absurd to blame the manager. It is what it is.

As many of us said before the game, he shouldn't have been on the pitch. It was inevitable that he would breakdown eventually.

An ACL can occur anytime but you can't tell me that it would happen when he's sat on the bench. I also believe that pushing him so hard must make the legs more susceptible to injury.

You don’t think it’s possible that Justin has played too much football this season?

For me the appropriate response to this news is empathy for the player, rather than blaming him.
Yes, he has played a lot of football. It was stupid to play him in a cup match when we didn't need to. The injury, however, is not a consequence of how much he has played.

Yes, he has played a lot of football. It was stupid to play him in a cup match when we didn't need to. The injury, however, is not a consequence of how much he has played.

well, it is because he suffered it while playing, when he shouldn’t have been.

we are arguing the same point. He got injured in a game he shouldn’t have been risked in.

Rodgers is no more to blame for this injury than he was for Praet’s injury in Round 3.

On the basis that a manger is responsible for an injury because he made the choice to have the player on the pitch; every manager in the history of football is responsible for every injury that has occurred during a match.

OK. So we can put this to bed. Is there anyone medically qualified on here who can categorically say whether the injury is because of fatigue or just 'shit happens'. Could it just as easily have happened on the training ground? Certainly there was no clash with another player, and no overstretching, which has ruined a few hamstrings.

well, it is because he suffered it while playing, when he shouldn’t have been.

we are arguing the same point. He got injured in a game he shouldn’t have been risked in.
its not though, that could have been his first game of the season and the same thing could have happened, ligaments don't rupture due to fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757