Injury News James Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted for him and us and he really has been player of the season so far.

Don't really see it has BRs fault as it could have happened any time - it was a freak injury without collision, he just landed funny which he could have done walking down the stairs.

A few years ago we were offered numerous clips of how LCFC were leading the way in player data collection/ nutrition and planned recovery. Are we still leading the way? One particular clip showed testing of muscle fatigue and how a player's workload would be adjusted.
I'm surprised I've not heard anything from the PFA with regard to the levels of injuries this season, or are they just normal? Are the cryo-chambers still off limits at the club?

OK. So we can put this to bed. Is there anyone medically qualified on here who can categorically say whether the injury is because of fatigue or just 'shit happens'. Could it just as easily have happened on the training ground? Certainly there was no clash with another player, and no overstretching, which has ruined a few hamstrings.
Yes. It is not an injury that you would see happening as a result of fatigue. It can happen at anytime. However, he shouldn't have been playing in that match when it wasn't necessary.

Is there anyone medically qualified on here who can categorically say whether the injury is because of fatigue or just 'shit happens'.
I personally prefer to subscribe to the 'shit happens' theory of life. I find it too sapping to think in terms of blame.

Says he that has just sent the car we bought privately not 2 weeks ago to the breakers, an electric power steering fault. Did the seller know? Maybe, maybe not. Shit happens.

While the injury is not directly caused by fatigue, there are indirect considerations such as decision making and the strength of muscles that might have made the attempted action more successful where fatigue definitely can have an impact and make such injuries more likely.

The workload being put on players this season is going to end some careers, there will be some who will never be the same again. It's foolish to play this season in these conditions.
I couldn't agree more. We're not the only club affected; there are many similar and unnecessary injuries everywhere. Last season was extended; there was little break between the seasons; and this season, having started late, is being squashed up with a game every three or four days for weeks and weeks. OK it happens occasionally every season but there is nothing occasional about it this time around.
And what's driving it? .Greed.and greed alone. And all for this shitty version of a game, played behind closed doors and lacking in the passion and excitement that fans bring to it.
Football is getting what it deserves.

If only there was some amazing website that would help us find information that we are not familiar with ourselves.........

View attachment 15801
Every single ACL injury I have ever come across has been either impact sustained or NKC (no known cause). Not one has been as a result of overworking or fatigue. However, it is true to some degree that prevention by not exposing the area to 'over-load' is certainly reasonable in people who aren't as physically fit or active as professional sports players. In people as fit as JJ, the injury is almost always 'waiting to happen' as it were. It isn't as a result of over-use.

“The presence of fatigue may play a crucial role in sustaining an ACL injury”

There you have it

We flogged him into the ground, and now he’s ****ed for the next nine months

You can't blame Rodgers for the injury. Well, looking at this thread apparently you can, but it's ridiculous to do so..

He has to play 11 players at the end of the day. He rested quite a lot, he couldn't rest everyone.

Yes the ACL injury happened in a game where Justin maybe shouldn't have been playing, but it could just as easily have happened in the game before or the game after.

Stop looking for someone to blame and accept its shit luck.

Hamstring injuries etc are different and I do agree Justin needed a rest and Tielemans needs a rest. But all players are being overworked at clubs right now

There has been a spate of ACL injuries in the womens game over the past few years. A study found that when it's their time of month for some reason they seem to become more susceptible to that kind of injury. Obviously not the case here but there's more going on with the body than is known.

I can absolutely assure you, fatigue would have played virtually no part in this injury.

Stupidity in playing such an important player in a game where it wasn't necessary, certainly did.

“The presence of fatigue may play a crucial role in sustaining an ACL injury”

There you have it

We flogged him into the ground, and now he’s ****ed for the next nine months
Who says he was fatigued? If he was he wouldn't be playing and if he got tired during the game he'd have been taken off. He's never ever looked fatigued in any game for us.

If we'd had Ricardo and Cas available all season he wouldn't have played half as many games....needs must.
I agree he shouldn't have played against Brighton and there have been other occasions when he could have been tested and hasn't been.
Did that cause the injury. Possibly, we can't answer that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757