Confirmed Transfer James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was his problem, he was very one footed and he was hopeless in the air. He was a very good player but not as good as the hype that surrounded him.
Yup. Parts of his game were exceptional, but others were totally nonexistent. He certainly wasn’t anything like world class. He could only play one role and wasn’t the least bit versatile.

One footed and no good in the air? Bloody hell. Didn't realise that was a requirement for a winger.

Beckham was world class. No doubt about that. No better crosser of the ball in the world, could consistently deliver excellent delivery into the box and found a way to get them in time and time again without being blessed with great pace to run past the winger. And those free kicks...

Christ I hope he's better than that.

That was his problem, he was very one footed and he was hopeless in the air. He was a very good player but not as good as the hype that surrounded him.

Yup. Parts of his game were exceptional, but others were totally nonexistent. He certainly wasn’t anything like world class. He could only play one role and wasn’t the least bit versatile.

Are we seriously saying we think that Maddison needs to be better than Beckham??

Christ alive. You only need to be exceptional in one position. That Mahrez, God he was shit at being in goal wasn't he.
Some of the shit that gets said on here.... :011::011::011:

Trevor Benjamin. Yeah?
Listening to Radio Leicester on the way home after yesterday's game they were talking about the Joshua fight and Stringer asked Matt Piper who of the players he played with could handle themselves. He said Elliot & Taggart and then said he saw Trevor Benjamin drop Stan Collymore, quickly adding, can i saw that on the radio

And caps, quality of club, etc.
Quality of club doesn't mean much when several of those ahead of him in trophy count are either 70s Liverpool (Ray Clemence, Phil Neal, Phil Thompson) or his former Manchester United teammates (Gary Neville, Paul Scholes). He has more caps than all of those, true. I'm not even arguing he wasn't a very good player, I just agree that he wasn't quite as good as his celebrity suggests. I don't think he's a top tier great.

Quality of club doesn't mean much when several of those ahead of him in trophy count are either 70s Liverpool (Ray Clemence, Phil Neal, Phil Thompson) or his former Manchester United teammates (Gary Neville, Paul Scholes). He has more caps than all of those, true. I'm not even arguing he wasn't a very good player, I just agree that he wasn't quite as good as his celebrity suggests. I don't think he's a top tier great.

I think the entire country will be very lucky if maddison is anywhere as near as good as Beckham is my larger point.

This is what I was trying to say. I hope Maddison turns out to be better than Beckham.

An interesting stat for the lad. 5 goals and 5 assists in his first season but created the most goal-scoring opportunities in the league.

I think he'll be a real asset next season. Hopefully Rodgers can get the most out of him. He has been invisible in some games this season but still 22 so can improve leaps and bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757