Injury News James out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Erm, isn’t it obvious?
Stop being horrid.

Ten tepid appearances in over three years is a laudable contribution. Where would we be without him?

We should be grateful that he decided to sign the extension to his contract to 2021 earlier this season. If not, we might have lost him for nothing this summer.

FOX Franks

Knowing what we know about Matty James it was not intelligent to give him that length of contract.

I think he is of a reasonable standard when he plays - but I don’t think he is part of our future. But... who would buy him now??

City Fan

Stop being horrid.

Ten tepid appearances in over three years is a laudable contribution. Where would we be without him?

We should be grateful that he decided to sign the extension to his contract to 2021 earlier this season. If not, we might have lost him for nothing this summer.
I still can’t decide what was more stupid. Extending Ulloa’s contract to 2019 and then shipping him out on loan, or extending James’ contract to 2021.

City Fan

If it had been obvious I wouldn’t have asked.

He has a contract and I’m sure is entitled to whatever he is being allowed/paid.

Outside of this what can we do?
We could start by not extending his contract until he has had a prolonged run of games, played at a decent standard. Oh whoops, too late.

popillius

He played well in the games he had this season, often putting in tireless shifts and tidying up for Ndidi really nicely but the same old folk will swear he was horse shit and always has been because it fits with their constant, nonsensical negative view of him as a player. I can see why the club wanted to hold on to him and I think it's bad news for both him and us that he is injured again.

City Fan

He played well in the games he had this season, often putting in tireless shifts and tidying up for Ndidi really nicely but the same old folk will swear he was horse shit and always has been because it fits with their constant, nonsensical negative view of him as a player. I can see why the club wanted to hold on to him and I think it's bad news for both him and us that he is injured again.
With James in the team: 1.1 pts per game.
With James not in the team: 1.5 pts per game.

Yep, big loss.

popillius

With James in the team: 1.1 pts per game.
With James not in the team: 1.5 pts per game.

Yep, big loss.
Therefore James must be rubbish, you must be correct and football must be that simple. Disregard all other factors completely - that'll help you to a logical conclusion. Mental beyond words.

City Fan

Therefore James must be rubbish, you must be correct and football must be that simple. Disregard all other factors completely - that'll help you to a logical conclusion. Mental beyond words.
At least I have come up with something factual rather than just slating other’s views as nonsensical.

consty

James did play quite well actually, I'm not a critic; the trouble is how injury prone he is and feel the contract extension was daft. Sure, there was the risk of loss of transfer value if he did remain fit and had put in good performances but overall wasn't the balance of probability - and logic - that the main risk was that he would not remain injury-free thus the best thing to do was to see if he remained injury free?

Ike O'Noclassed

James did play quite well actually, I'm not a critic; the trouble is how injury prone he is and feel the contract extension was daft. Sure, there was the risk of loss of transfer value if he did remain fit and had put in good performances but overall wasn't the balance of probability - and logic - that the main risk was that he would not remain injury-free thus the best thing to do was to see if he remained injury free?
Agreed, but he had been injury free for a year (mostly spent at Barnsley) before he picked up the Achilles problem against Chelsea - sod's law that it was only a few days after his contract was extended. I now fear for his career, Stephen Clemence (arguably with a far more injury-prone reputation when he signed for us) was finished by Achilles injuries which seemed to go on forever. James' original cruciate injury (one that Steve Walsh recovered from) may have been an indirect factor in the new injury, struggling to regaining match fitness causing him to overstretch or play through the problem - that scenario put paid to Matt Jones' career - surely the most unlucky of all our long list of crocks through the years.

Maybe the 4 years was daft (it was at the same time as Drinky - never rated him as highly as James - was angling for his move), but for me it doesn't come close to MON's strange obsession with Darren Eadie, who we managed to pay a club record for (until Ade signed - now there's a player who never got injured, be careful what you wish for), and just looked fragile from the off and didn't seem able to withstand even the most routine tackle.

M17TT C

Never understood the hatred aimed towards James by some on here as he's always been decent whenever he has played but it does seems as if certain posters just have anger they need to release.

Yes, he's had some injuries but he's proven he can return to a high level this season and not overly concerned by this injury at all.

I'd imagine this is more a slight injury and no point rushing him back for the end of a pointless campaign. Much better for him and us as a club that he gets back fully fit over the summer rather than rush him back before.

Would be nice if he could score a goal when he does come back though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How many posts would you like to see on each page?

• No preference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest posts