New Contract Jamie Vardy

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has agreed a new contract with the Football Club that will see his career at King Power Stadium extended to the end of the 2024/25 season, subject to Premier League approval.

The 37-year-old – who netted 20 times in all competitions for the Foxes in 2023/24 – is third on the Club’s all-time leading goalscorer list with 190 goals and has been at the heart of many incredible moments for Leicester City in recent years.

He has won the Premier League, Emirates FA Cup, FA Community Shield and two second tier titles during his time with City across a total of 464 appearances since signing from Fleetwood Town in 2012.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “To get the numbers that I did [last season], I’m delighted with it, but there’s still more to come. I look after myself. I’ve always said that age is just a number. My legs feel fine so that’s why I carry on until my legs say ‘that’s it, game over’. There will be a day when that comes, but that’s not right now.

“We look forward to another season in the Premier League and seeing what we can do. One hundred per cent, it’s the best league in the world. That’s where you want to be playing your football.”

Fourth on the Club’s all-time appearance list, Vardy played a key role in City’s immediate return to the Premier League in 2023/24, finding the net 18 times in the Sky Bet Championship.

That achievement came 10 years after he was also an important figure during the Club’s promotion to the top-flight in 2013/14 - later going on to be part of the historic ‘Great Escape’ season the following year.

During the Foxes’ Premier League title-winning campaign of 2015/16, Vardy scored 24 times in all competitions, including in 11 consecutive Premier League games, breaking Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record of 10 with a sublime finish against Manchester United in November 2015.

In 2016/17, the forward’s crucial away goal against Sevilla in the last-16 of an incredible run in the UEFA Champions League secured City a place in the last eight of the competition, where they were the last-remaining English representative.

His remarkable form in front of goal continued in the seasons that followed, and in 2019/20 he became the oldest winner of the Premier League Golden Boot, netting 23 goals and reaching a century of top-flight strikes in July 2020.

In 2020/21, Vardy continued to be a mainstay in the team that won the Emirates FA Cup for the first time in the Club’s history, scoring on 17 occasions.

He then added another 17 goals in 33 appearances in 2021/22 as City won the Community Shield and reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa Conference League.

His senior England debut came in June 2015 in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland, before winning a further 25 caps for his country, scoring seven times and representing the Three Lions at UEFA Euro 2016 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Vardy’s incredible legacy at Leicester City Football Club will now continue into a remarkable 13th season, with the Foxes set to begin preparations for a return to the Premier League when the players return for pre-season training in July.

Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has agreed a new contract with the Football Club that will see his career at King Power Stadium extended to the end of the 2024/25 season, subject to Premier League approval.

The 37-year-old – who netted 20 times in all competitions for the Foxes in 2023/24 – is third on the Club’s all-time leading goalscorer list with 190 goals and has been at the heart of many incredible moments for Leicester City in recent years.

He has won the Premier League, Emirates FA Cup, FA Community Shield and two second tier titles during his time with City across a total of 464 appearances since signing from Fleetwood Town in 2012.

Speaking to LCFC.com, he said: “To get the numbers that I did [last season], I’m delighted with it, but there’s still more to come. I look after myself. I’ve always said that age is just a number. My legs feel fine so that’s why I carry on until my legs say ‘that’s it, game over’. There will be a day when that comes, but that’s not right now.

“We look forward to another season in the Premier League and seeing what we can do. One hundred per cent, it’s the best league in the world. That’s where you want to be playing your football.”

Fourth on the Club’s all-time appearance list, Vardy played a key role in City’s immediate return to the Premier League in 2023/24, finding the net 18 times in the Sky Bet Championship.

That achievement came 10 years after he was also an important figure during the Club’s promotion to the top-flight in 2013/14 - later going on to be part of the historic ‘Great Escape’ season the following year.

During the Foxes’ Premier League title-winning campaign of 2015/16, Vardy scored 24 times in all competitions, including in 11 consecutive Premier League games, breaking Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record of 10 with a sublime finish against Manchester United in November 2015.

In 2016/17, the forward’s crucial away goal against Sevilla in the last-16 of an incredible run in the UEFA Champions League secured City a place in the last eight of the competition, where they were the last-remaining English representative.

His remarkable form in front of goal continued in the seasons that followed, and in 2019/20 he became the oldest winner of the Premier League Golden Boot, netting 23 goals and reaching a century of top-flight strikes in July 2020.

In 2020/21, Vardy continued to be a mainstay in the team that won the Emirates FA Cup for the first time in the Club’s history, scoring on 17 occasions.

He then added another 17 goals in 33 appearances in 2021/22 as City won the Community Shield and reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa Conference League.

His senior England debut came in June 2015 in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland, before winning a further 25 caps for his country, scoring seven times and representing the Three Lions at UEFA Euro 2016 and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Vardy’s incredible legacy at Leicester City Football Club will now continue into a remarkable 13th season, with the Foxes set to begin preparations for a return to the Premier League when the players return for pre-season training in July.

Attachments

• giphy (6).gif
    giphy (6).gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Hard.

Vardy one more year they should have given him at least two. Let’s hope they don’t appoint cooper so vardy has a great last few years. Best news from Leicester since promotion.

Incredible news. We're gonna need all the help we can get this season and one of the most important things apart from his goals and overall play, is what Jamie means to the team, City and general morale.

Wonderful news.
Whatever happens next year at least we’ll have one more of the legend. Presumably having taken a hefty pay cut.

Ten more goals, Jamie Vardy…..

His Leg ends are still going strong. Love this, love the JV. He may be what keeps us up.

Finished

Thanks baby jesus

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669