January transfer window

How would you rate Leicester City's activity during the January 2023 transfer window?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Good

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Average

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I think Souttar sounds like a promising player, but I've never seen him play. Meanwhile I think an already weak dressing room has lost it's vice captain, so we'll see how that plays out.
Just got to watch replays of Australia's games in the world cup, he played well.

the January transfer window is notorious for clubs buying out of desperation I do not think we have done that poorly our buys look logical.

hopefully they all do well and we finally have some balance to our formation, for me BR needs to seriously have a word with Barnes, if he can get him to do the graft I think we will be fine for the remainder of the season.

I take it we will now see madders in a central role off the back of this transfer window?

Yet again, no bacon option for me to cast my vote on

Shambles

In terms of signings - I guess time will tell. At least we're targeting the right positions. I'm quietly confident the signing will improve us.

One of the best things to come out of the window is that BR can no longer hide behind the "I've not been backed" BS that he's been talking for the last 6 months. Its all on you now Brendan.

One of the best things to come out of the window is that BR can no longer hide behind the "I've not been backed" BS that he's been talking for the last 6 months. Its all on you now Brendan.
If things don't improve it'll be "I've not been backed enough, nor at the right time"

In terms of signings - I guess time will tell. At least we're targeting the right positions. I'm quietly confident the signing will improve us.

Brendan ‘I’ve spent more that a quarter of a billion at Leicester’ Rodgers.

It'll be "these weren't the payers I wanted."

It's not been as bad as possible, regards incoming players. They seem decent. On paper.
On our super pitches, they'll be 'injured' before the end of the season. Possibly.

From the Daily Telegraph today....

Harrison had completed part of his medical at Leicester’s training ground before being told at around 9.15pm to return to Leeds

IMO it was a good window - it could move to excellent or it could move downwards based on how those players perform, but on paper it's at least a good window.

We finally filled 3 priority positions we've been in dire need of for a while, and did it with players who should be good enough to come straight into the first team. If you'd asked me before January (and probably before last summer too) to name 3 priority signings, it would've been these positions, so I'm happy we've addressed those areas and excited about the players we've brought in.

We've prioritised first team players over depth, which was essential. And the players we've recruited all seem like the right type of players to fit the model that's been successful for us before; signing young, talented players with sell-on potential.

BUT...

There's 2 things we didn't do which I would've liked to see
1. New goalkeeper - was always going to be difficult to sign a first choice keeper in January maybe, and Ward has shown some signs of improvement, but I am a bit surprised we didn't go for someone - especially with Keylor Navas being available on loan for example

2. Experience added. Souttar sounds like an exciting option in defence but I think our team and defence in particular really lacks leadership and an experienced head to guide them; we need someone that can fill Evans' boots with him now being chronically injured. I'm worried if we stay in/around the bottle of the table, that experience and leadership is still missing when heads drop. And we even let Albrighton go who is one player that still brought that to the team.

“We’ve got a number of players out of contract in the summer in key positions, particularly at centre-half, so it is an exciting time. We’ve had a really good window and while I would have liked to do more business, I’m confident we have the squad that we would want.”

From the horses mouth no excuses now!

Jeff. did think carefully about which was the most appropriate thread. As Harrison did actually get as far as having a medical, surely that is fact and not rumour.

I was just linking to an earlier post that contains the same information as part of a longer more in depth article. Some people who usually ignore the rumours thread might want to read it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854