Jason Mcateer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

He has been released by Sunderland. When i've seen him he still looks like he could do a decent job in Midfield but he does seem to get a few cards!
Not the right side of 30, but what do you guys think?

Can we not just have one thread with suggestions of crap players that can do a job for us? No offence Ian mate, but I don't want players that can do a job. I want players who fit the bill, O'Neill never signed players that could do a job for us, he carefully identified the players he wanted and took his time and signed them. No rushing and panick buying like last season please.

To be honest it was a bit tongue in cheek!
The players we have been linked to recently give me hope of us having a decent season next year.
Novo and hughes in particular would be great signings i just hope the lack of season tickets being sold isnt going to hamper Mickys ability to get these players before other teams step in!
If we only sell say 10K ST how much of the reduced revenue was allocated to Micky?

A serious one to consider IF Ferdinand decides not to play on would be Sheringham! His influence on a young team could be priceless. He would have to be on low wages though for it to be worthwhile.

Ian said:
A serious one to consider IF Ferdinand decides not to play on would be Sheringham! His influence on a young team could be priceless. He would have to be on low wages though for it to be worthwhile.
.... or tongue in cheek again. :wink:

No to McAteer. :roll: :wink:

Ian said:
To be honest it was a bit tongue in cheek!
The players we have been linked to recently give me hope of us having a decent season next year.
Novo and hughes in particular would be great signings i just hope the lack of season tickets being sold isnt going to hamper Mickys ability to get these players before other teams step in!
If we only sell say 10K ST how much of the reduced revenue was allocated to Micky?

I think the budget Adams has got won't include season tickets so much, it will be the parachute money and the sky money we got from the end of last season. Pkus we have just made a few hundred thousand on Dickov, Scimeca and Matty Jones wages. That is why we can perhaps offer £400,000 for Nacho Novo. I am worried Rangers will price us out of the market for Novo and we will lose out. I am not overly keen on another 37/38 year old coming to the club, fair enough they are a great influence but if they need inspiration we should get Steve Walsh on the coaching staff. Adams needs to get moving, Richie Partidge HAS to be snapped up. Hughes might go to a premiership club so we need a couple of central midfielders, I don't even know who to suggest there. As for strikers if we could get Novo and Bridges I think we could kiss division one goodbye and plan for the premiership once more. We have got to take some risks, be more ambitious there are players out there that are quality and fairly young that we could buy, they maybe unproven but O'Neill was a master at this.

Malf said:
As for strikers if we could get Novo and Bridges I think we could kiss division one goodbye and plan for the premiership once more.

Novo would be good, but are you really sure Bridges would be any use? He hasn't scored a goal for something like two or three years. He reminds me of Morris - short, injury prone and not exactly prolific when it comes to scoring goals.

ajj said:
Malf said:
As for strikers if we could get Novo and Bridges I think we could kiss division one goodbye and plan for the premiership once more.

Novo would be good, but are you really sure Bridges would be any use? He hasn't scored a goal for something like two or three years. He reminds me of Morris - short, injury prone and not exactly prolific when it comes to scoring goals.

Short!!! Hes about 6'3.

ajj said:
Malf said:

He's not scored because he's mostly been injured during that time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757