Jody Morris?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the mans instructions and sure enough...

Leicester are chasing former Chelsea and Leeds midfielder Jody Morris.

I doubt it is true though, have no faith in Teamtalk always struc me as lazy failed journalist types. Of course would be extremely pissed if it was true, absaloutely ****ing shit Wise lover.

I read this somewhere. I really do doubt he will drop to Division One.

he was released from leeds towards the end of last season and played the last few games for rotherham or walsall or someone in div 1. hes now without a club so i'm sure he'd be prepared to play for lcfc.
dunno if we really want him tho. he seems to get into alot of trouble off the pitch!!!

buzzer_b said:
I read this somewhere. I really do doubt he will drop to Division One.

He has been playing for rotherham, signing him would probably be a disaster, wise all over again

Fcuk sake... i'd rather have bambi on ice (otherwise known as Junior Lewis, or PT's bum-chum) than that piece of shit...

This was in the Leicester Mercury last week....
Haven't we had enough trouble at the club without Jody Morris ?

wouldnt touch morris with a barge pole. as far as im concerned he's flattered to decieve wherever he's been and always got into trouble.

He's nothing but trouble, I agree with what everyone else has said.

We've had enough of the troublesome type over recent years that have damaged our reputation as a club.

I'd take Morris anyday, the sort of player that can either make us or break us. Just what we need, i'm fed up of pussy footing about. At least this is a gamble worth taking, the majority of our signings last season were a gamble not worth taking as some of them had never been anygood at football. Jody Morris was excellent for Rotherham last season, a small piece of evidence that he might slowly but surely be changing his ways. Playing for a team that's not too glamourous in a city that is pretty nasty and boring may well change him. He's been used to the high life in london and then a drinking culture in leeds, at leicester he'd be out of the spotlight in a team that won't take any shit. He has natural talent, obviously there are plenty of baggage there and plenty of reasons not to sign him but this is the sort of signing that could be classed as shrewd, brave and a miracle if it pays off. Like Di Canio at West Ham or Cantona at Man Utd.

Malf said:
I'd take Morris anyday, the sort of player that can either make us or break us. Just what we need, i'm fed up of pussy footing about. At least this is a gamble worth taking, the majority of our signings last season were a gamble not worth taking as some of them had never been anygood at football. Jody Morris was excellent for Rotherham last season, a small piece of evidence that he might slowly but surely be changing his ways. Playing for a team that's not too glamourous in a city that is pretty nasty and boring may well change him. He's been used to the high life in london and then a drinking culture in leeds, at leicester he'd be out of the spotlight in a team that won't take any shit. He has natural talent, obviously there are plenty of baggage there and plenty of reasons not to sign him but this is the sort of signing that could be classed as shrewd, brave and a miracle if it pays off. Like Di Canio at West Ham or Cantona at Man Utd.

..or indeed Collymore of Leicester.

Malf said:

No one is doubting his talent - We just can't be doing with players like him at the club. As I said, our reputation as a club has been damaged over recent years, we don't want to continue that trend. He's too much of a risk.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

No one is doubting his talent - We just can't be doing with players like him at the club. As I said, our reputation as a club has been damaged over recent years, we don't want to continue that trend. He's too much of a risk.

Come on, o.k he has a reputation but he is definetly the type of 'footballer' we need, with alot of grit and 'no shit' attitude. He has had problems in the past and hopefully learnt from them IMO worth the risk. ANY player can cause a club problems outside football and surely someone who has been in the shit before might be a bit more cautious.

Naughty Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

Come on, o.k he has a reputation but he is definetly the type of 'footballer' we need, with alot of grit and 'no shit' attitude. He has had problems in the past and hopefully learnt from them IMO worth the risk. ANY player can cause a club problems outside football and surely someone who has been in the shit before might be a bit more cautious.

Quality post. :wink:

The thing with Morris is, he never let's his off field problems effect his performances on the pitch. He was class for Chelsea when called upon, Leeds was abit of a nightmare for him but it would be for any player!! Get the beast in

Steven said:
Naughty Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

Quality post. :wink:

That bits mine, do'nt know what the hell went on there. Thanks for the comment Stevo :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757