Johnstons Paint Euro 2008 Prediction Trophy - 1st round games

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's me through, now watch me fall to pieces in the knock out stages a la England

Feck me our groups tight, 1 point between 4 teams!

spain 2 up at half time.
I read that fecker wrong.

Spain 4:1 Russia

g18.JPG

cp.JPG

Last edited:
Greece 0:2 Sweden

g18.JPG

cp.JPG

At least I'm not the only one who can now concentrate on the Consolation Pisspot.

:icon_sad:

MK will struggle to catch me though, as we have very similar predictions, except he's gone for sweden to beat the reigning champions and that could clinch it
close though....

close though....

ha ha

my logic of "I think Spain will win it, so they'll start off with a draw" wasn't very sound

and Greece were pants

i'm usually wretched at prediction stuff

Am I the only one who is totally confused by all this.I haven't a fecking clue what is going on.

Am I the only one who is totally confused by all this.I haven't a fecking clue what is going on.

You won your group! But yes I agree it is a little confusing.

You won your group! But yes I agree it is a little confusing.

I thought the Groups were for the whole of the first phase of Euro 2008 i.e until the 3 matches had been played and the Qualifiers decided:102:
So what happens now ? I'm in ? out ? or shaking it all about ?:102:

Your predictions were:

Switzerland v Czech Republic 1-1
Portugal v Turkey 2-0
Austria v Croatia 0-1
Germany v Poland 2-1
Romania v France 1-0
Netherlands v Italy 1-1
Spain v Russia 3-1
Greece v Sweden 0-2

You got the scores exactly right in the Portugal, Austria and Greece matches - 5 points for each = 15 points

You got the result right in the Germany and Spain matches - 1 point for each = 2 points

Total = 17 points.

You can also claim 3 points when you get the goal difference correct (but not the correct score) but that didn't apply in any of the other games.

With 17 points you topped your group and have now moved on to the 2nd round of the competition (also a group stage) where you meet WALSHIESTACKLE (21 points in the 1st round), Siouxie (9) and Nathan (12).

HTH - best of luck!

I thought the Groups were for the whole of the first phase of Euro 2008 i.e until the 3 matches had been played and the Qualifiers decided:102:
So what happens now ? I'm in ? out ? or shaking it all about ?:102:

I could have made the Prediction Competition more closely follow the real thing but it would have meant that the later stages would be based on the results of just one match - difficult if both sides choose the same score!

I did explain the stages in the first thread of the competition but I'll summarise it here:

1st round of Prediction Competition - based on first round of group games in Euro2008 - this is now complete

2nd round of Prediction Competition (also groups) - based on second round of group games in Euro2008

Quarter-finals of Prediction Competition - based on third round of group games in Euro2008

Semi-finals of the Prediction Competition - based on the four quarter-finals in Euro2008

Final of the Prediction Competition - based on the two semis and the final of Euro2008

As I've already said in the post above, you are clearly still very much in it - the second highest scorer of the whole lot!! And the good news is that nobody is ever really out of it altogether - when you get knocked out of the trophy, you take all your points with you into the consolation pisspot.

Last edited:
Boooooo! Fix!

I thought the idea was to best mirror the City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675