Journalistic lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my biggest irritations in life is the way the press behaves, not just over us at LCFC, but the rest of the world too. I re-read that article by that vitriolic woman from the mirror, in a recent post, and in the light of the good news, I felt her article needed editing by someone with an objective viewpoint, now that her editor has left, er resigned er got sacked...

Sorry it's so long but that's her fault. I'm going after the Independent (it isn't It's Shit) next.

JOURNALIST YOBS PAY PENALTY

ANOTHER week, another crop of what appears to be lies and half truths perpetrated by a bunch of Britain's journalists.

Coming after a month of printing pictures that seemingly the only people in the country who thought were in any way genuine was in fact the Mirror, articles by many sportswriters and in particular an article by Carole Malone has hit the headlines for it's alleged inaccuracies.

Naturally the Mirror will deny everything. Of course they will. It's what their big fat fancy lawyers will have told them to do. And yes, she may well be innocent. But denying everything is becoming a habit for Britain's imbecilic journalists who are under the impression they can behave in whatever depraved way they choose, safe in the knowledge they're answerable to no one and that the papers’ bosses will wipe up their mess. And of course the papers - who don't give a stuff about careers that might be ruined, marriages that might be wrecked, children who might be traumatised for life because of the stories against their fathers or even form that may be lost by the players subsequently dooming the club to relegation - will do exactly that.

And all because of money. Let's face it, if a £20,000-a-week player is accused of rape it's good for the paper to print the bloody details - it improves their image as ‘investigative journalists’ and sells more papers and advertising space.

But if the bosses and a bevy of top-notch lawyers work their magic then all charges of incompetence, lies and misconduct are likely to be dropped due to that infamous phrase "freedom of the press" which isn't actually about freedom but is about being able to print any rubbish in the name of ‘truth’. Phrases like ‘allegedly’, ‘appears to be’, ‘was said to be’, ‘an insider said’ are sufficient to cover an alleged lie or half truth and make it look like the journalist has a fact in her grimy hands and should it prove not to be then what the hell. And if that doesn’t work, that other well worn cliché, “It’s in the public interest” is trotted out, whether the public is actually interested or not. This particular story has gone a long way to further promote the perception that any footballer that goes on a tour MUST be a loud-mouthed yob, a drunk and a rapist. And even if they aren’t, they deserve the reputation anyway.

Journalists in this country seem to imagine that if someone tells them a sordid tale of rape and debauchery involving any celebrity, it must be true. And if it’s not they’ll couch it in such terms to make it appear so, at the same time as writing a big fat cheque to the storyteller. And they think this way because most of them are one chromosome short of a full set, which is why it's now tediously predictable that any story by any journalist operating with fewer brain cells than your average sheep are going to publish more lies and falsehoods. Allegedly.

But with these shameful allegations becoming an everyday occurrence something has to be done - and quick. Because whatever these ‘professionals’ at the Mirror end up being charged with is irrelevant. They're still violent, aggressive, unpleasant, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a top newspaper.

And instead of defending these yobs, it's time papers’ bosses took responsibility for the people they employ. They have to make it abundantly clear to journalists that the minute they step out of line they're out - not just out of the paper but the industry as well. Why not draw up a charter which would be signed by every rookie at the age of 15 and which would spell out loud and clear what the rules are. Rules like: Any journalist who knowingly prints an untruth - sacked. Any journalist who doesn’t do proper research and checks the facts - sacked. I suppose the problem here is that it wouldn’t be long before editors would be left without any journalist at all. But would that be such a bad thing?

Of course, the weasly Press Complaints Council is allegedly already abdicating responsibility and squealing that journalists cannot be charged with bringing reporting into disrepute if the incident was reported in alleged good faith. Shame on them!

As for the bumptious Piers Morgan, the former editor of the Mirror who no doubt got paid a huge amount and will, I suspect, get a healthy golden handshake, (the size of which is none of my or the publics business but a journalist will print it anyway – even if they got the amount wrong) did nothing when Carole Malone printed what turned out to be a badly researched editorial. Look what happened to him in the end.
So why didn’t he earn his obscene salary and set a few ground rules - like telling his staff they cannot go through life believing they're untouchable and above the law. That they must not be allowed to think that being a journalist entitles them to print what the hell they like - with no consequences. And he must tell them to ditch the notion that any one who wants paying for a big story is telling it how it is and so the subjects deserve to be treated like animals. I can only hope that journalists such as the vitriolic Ms Malone will do the same honourable thing as her former boss and seek out a new career.

Just watch how fast these louts toe the line the minute they think their freedom and liberties are under threat. For they have forgotten that with freedom and rights come responsibilities. It would be a red-letter day indeed when journalists realise they have a responsibility to the truth.

I can see a time when legislation is bought in to prevent this diatribe of nonsense and lies, but I until such a glorious day, I for one will never buy the Mirror again. Except perhaps, to publicly boycott the companies who advertise within.

But has anyone stopped to think why it's only journalists who are self-seeking, self important, overpaid and drunk with power? After all what journalist doesn’t bombard us with their personal ideals disguised as public opinion. You don't get this kind of behaviour in say banking, accountancy, legal practise or other careers where the employees earn buckets of money. One can only assume that journalists live in a world of their own where sex scandals and such behaviour is commonplace, which is probably as close as they get to have debauched sex - which may be what they REALLY want.

Allegedly.

Kettering Pete said:
One of my biggest irritations in life is the way the press behaves, not just over us at LCFC, but the rest of the world too. I re-read that article by that vitriolic woman from the mirror, in a recent post, and in the light of the good news, I felt her article needed editing by someone with an objective viewpoint, now that her editor has left, er resigned er got sacked...

Sorry it's so long but that's her fault. I'm going after the Independent (it isn't It's Shit) next.

JOURNALIST YOBS PAY PENALTY

ANOTHER week, another crop of what appears to be lies and half truths perpetrated by a bunch of Britain's journalists.

Coming after a month of printing pictures that seemingly the only people in the country who thought were in any way genuine was in fact the Mirror, articles by many sportswriters and in particular an article by Carole Malone has hit the headlines for it's alleged inaccuracies.

Naturally the Mirror will deny everything. Of course they will. It's what their big fat fancy lawyers will have told them to do. And yes, she may well be innocent. But denying everything is becoming a habit for Britain's imbecilic journalists who are under the impression they can behave in whatever depraved way they choose, safe in the knowledge they're answerable to no one and that the papers’ bosses will wipe up their mess. And of course the papers - who don't give a stuff about careers that might be ruined, marriages that might be wrecked, children who might be traumatised for life because of the stories against their fathers or even form that may be lost by the players subsequently dooming the club to relegation - will do exactly that.

And all because of money. Let's face it, if a £20,000-a-week player is accused of rape it's good for the paper to print the bloody details - it improves their image as ‘investigative journalists’ and sells more papers and advertising space.

But if the bosses and a bevy of top-notch lawyers work their magic then all charges of incompetence, lies and misconduct are likely to be dropped due to that infamous phrase "freedom of the press" which isn't actually about freedom but is about being able to print any rubbish in the name of ‘truth’. Phrases like ‘allegedly’, ‘appears to be’, ‘was said to be’, ‘an insider said’ are sufficient to cover an alleged lie or half truth and make it look like the journalist has a fact in her grimy hands and should it prove not to be then what the hell. And if that doesn’t work, that other well worn cliché, “It’s in the public interest” is trotted out, whether the public is actually interested or not. This particular story has gone a long way to further promote the perception that any footballer that goes on a tour MUST be a loud-mouthed yob, a drunk and a rapist. And even if they aren’t, they deserve the reputation anyway.

Journalists in this country seem to imagine that if someone tells them a sordid tale of rape and debauchery involving any celebrity, it must be true. And if it’s not they’ll couch it in such terms to make it appear so, at the same time as writing a big fat cheque to the storyteller. And they think this way because most of them are one chromosome short of a full set, which is why it's now tediously predictable that any story by any journalist operating with fewer brain cells than your average sheep are going to publish more lies and falsehoods. Allegedly.

But with these shameful allegations becoming an everyday occurrence something has to be done - and quick. Because whatever these ‘professionals’ at the Mirror end up being charged with is irrelevant. They're still violent, aggressive, unpleasant, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a top newspaper.

And instead of defending these yobs, it's time papers’ bosses took responsibility for the people they employ. They have to make it abundantly clear to journalists that the minute they step out of line they're out - not just out of the paper but the industry as well. Why not draw up a charter which would be signed by every rookie at the age of 15 and which would spell out loud and clear what the rules are. Rules like: Any journalist who knowingly prints an untruth - sacked. Any journalist who doesn’t do proper research and checks the facts - sacked. I suppose the problem here is that it wouldn’t be long before editors would be left without any journalist at all. But would that be such a bad thing?

Of course, the weasly Press Complaints Council is allegedly already abdicating responsibility and squealing that journalists cannot be charged with bringing reporting into disrepute if the incident was reported in alleged good faith. Shame on them!

As for the bumptious Piers Morgan, the former editor of the Mirror who no doubt got paid a huge amount and will, I suspect, get a healthy golden handshake, (the size of which is none of my or the publics business but a journalist will print it anyway – even if they got the amount wrong) did nothing when Carole Malone printed what turned out to be a badly researched editorial. Look what happened to him in the end.
So why didn’t he earn his obscene salary and set a few ground rules - like telling his staff they cannot go through life believing they're untouchable and above the law. That they must not be allowed to think that being a journalist entitles them to print what the hell they like - with no consequences. And he must tell them to ditch the notion that any one who wants paying for a big story is telling it how it is and so the subjects deserve to be treated like animals. I can only hope that journalists such as the vitriolic Ms Malone will do the same honourable thing as her former boss and seek out a new career.

Just watch how fast these louts toe the line the minute they think their freedom and liberties are under threat. For they have forgotten that with freedom and rights come responsibilities. It would be a red-letter day indeed when journalists realise they have a responsibility to the truth.

I can see a time when legislation is bought in to prevent this diatribe of nonsense and lies, but I until such a glorious day, I for one will never buy the Mirror again. Except perhaps, to publicly boycott the companies who advertise within.

But has anyone stopped to think why it's only journalists who are self-seeking, self important, overpaid and drunk with power? After all what journalist doesn’t bombard us with their personal ideals disguised as public opinion. You don't get this kind of behaviour in say banking, accountancy, legal practise or other careers where the employees earn buckets of money. One can only assume that journalists live in a world of their own where sex scandals and such behaviour is commonplace, which is probably as close as they get to have debauched sex - which may be what they REALLY want.

Allegedly.
Kettering Massive! :D

Here you go, Beaumont:
SOCCER YOBS PAY PENALTY Mar 7 2004

ANOTHER week, another crop of rape allegations against a bunch of Britain's Premiership footballers.

This time the drunken animals were from Leicester City. Eight of them were originally arrested at Spain's La Manga resort on charges varying from sexual assault to breaking and entering. Some of them are said to have forced their way into the room of three African girls, who they reportedly referred to as Betty Boo, while allegedly raping them.

" Our players are denying everything," said the club's chief executive Tim Davies.

Of course they're denying everything. It's what their big fat fancy lawyers will have told them to do. And yes, they may well be innocent. But denying everything is becoming a habit for Britain's imbecilic footballers who are under the impression they can behave in whatever depraved way they choose, safe in the knowledge they're answerable to no one and that their clubs' bosses will wipe up their mess.

And of course the clubs - who don't give a stuff about girls who might have been raped, abused or traumatised for life - will do exactly that. And all because of money. Let's face it, if a £20,000-a-week player is convicted of rape it's bad for the club both in terms of reputation and results. But if the bosses and a bevy of top-notch lawyers work their magic then all charges of rape or sexual misconduct are likely to be dropped due to that infamous phrase "lack of evidence" which isn't actually about lack of evidence but about society's perception that any girl who goes to a footballer's bedroom MUST be a whore and so willing to be gang raped. And even if she wasn't willing she deserved it anyway because she was there.

Footballers in this country seem to imagine that if a girl talks to them, flirts with them and happens to wearing a short skirt or a low-cut top while she's doing it, she's fair game to be raped, roasted or humiliated in any degrading way they see fit. And they think this way because most of them are one chromosome short of a full set, which is why it's now tediously predictable that men earning twenty grand a week and operating with fewer brain cells than your average sheep are going to get into trouble.

But with these shameful allegations becoming an everyday occurrence something has to be done - and quick. Because whatever these morons at Leicester end up being charged with - five have already been released - is irrelevant. They're still violent, aggressive, drunken misogynistic, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a Premiership club.

And instead of defending these yobs, it's time club bosses took responsibility for the people they employ. They have to make it abundantly clear to players that the minute they step out of line they're out - not just out of the team but the game as well. Why not draw up a charter which would be signed by every rookie at the age of 15 and which would spell out loud and clear what the rules are. Rules like: Any player caught drunk in a public place - banned for three months. Any player convicted of drink-driving - banned for six months. Any player involved in a public brawl - banned for six months. Any player caught in a sexually compromising situation with a woman and other players - sacked and banned for two years. Surely if the yellow card/red card rule applies on the pitch, it should be applied off it as well?

Of course, the weasly FA is already abdicating responsibility and squealing that players cannot be charged with bringing the game into disrepute if the incident occurs off the pitch. Shame on them!

As for the bumptious Gordon Taylor, the Professional Footballers' Association boss who gets paid a whopping £450,000 a year, he's the first to whine when he thinks his darling players are being unfairly treated. So why isn't he making his big mouth go now? Why doesn't he earn his obscene salary and set a few ground rules - like telling his members they cannot go through life believing they're untouchable and above the law. That they must not be allowed to think that being a footballer and earning big money entitles them to do what the Hell they like - with no consequences. And he must tell them to ditch the notion that any woman who goes to their hotel room is a whore and so deserves to be treated like an animal.

Just watch how fast these louts toe the line the minute they think the fame, the flash cars, the big houses and the fat salaries might be under threat.

But has anyone stopped to think why it's only footballers who are the sexual sickos. You don't get this kind of Neanderthal behaviour in rubgy or other sports where the players earn buckets of money.

One can only assume that in football a group of men forcing themselves on girls is as close as they get to having sex with each other - which may be what they REALLY want.

"But with these shameful allegations becoming an everyday occurrence something has to be done - and quick. Because whatever these morons at Leicester end up being charged with - five have already been released - is irrelevant. They're still violent, aggressive, drunken misogynistic, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a Premiership club"

violent?? aggressive?? misogynistic?? socially inept????

i wonder if Ms Malone will print an apology??

does the Mirror have an email address so you can send things to the letters page??
cos i am in the kind of mood to say what i think this morning.....

[email protected] is her e-mail address.

Several posters on here have already e-mailed.

The Trust has also done so part of which said:

"The Foxes Trust does believe the views you expressed about our club and its actions does warrant an apology. The club has conducted an internal investigation into the events of the evening and the Trust is pushing for the results to be released soon now the legal obstacles are removed. We would like to offer you the chance to submit an e-mail to the Trust retracting some of the damaging comments made against the club in your article, which we would then feature on our website for fans to read."

No reply as yet, surprise, surprise

beaumontfox said:
i just had a thought......couldn't some of her comments be construed as libel??? :?

Apparently Dicko, Sinco, Gillespie, say they are considering legal procedings with most certainly the women, papers, news, tv, e.t.c...

Don't blame them...

You are welcome to send my post to where and who you wish. The more people that send it to that woman the better perhaps.

Kettering Pete said:
You are welcome to send my post to where and who you wish. The more people that send it to that woman the better perhaps.
Lookin good in Ketterin t'day innit mate, sun is shining and only a few clouds in sight! Glorious!

beaumontfox said:
FT: when did you send her this email??

i've just sent one...would you like me to paste here and see what i've sent??

E-mailed late Thursday night

Up to you whether you post your e-mail content on here, the Trust isn't compiling copies.

okey dokey!!!

"i know several people have already emailed you including the Foxes Trust asking you for an apology over the disgraceful comments you made about certain people who play for my club.

now i don't know whether you have ever met the men in question(i have and on many occasions) but unless you know what they are like personally,your remarks describing them were out of order.
i refer to this sentence in particular:

But with these shameful allegations becoming an everyday occurrence something has to be done - and quick. Because whatever these morons at Leicester end up being charged with - five have already been released - is irrelevant. They're still violent, aggressive, drunken misogynistic, socially inept morons who shouldn't be out on their own, let alone be representing a Premiership club.

YOU, have no knowledge as to whether any of these men ARE as you have described-you have jumped on a bandwagon which believed rumours and falsehoods,you gave NO thought to what you presented for printing and in doing so you insulted these men who in the end did NOTHING wrong.

yes,they DID have a few drinks-and i,personally feel that they should never have got themselves into a situation in which they could be accused of such disgusting acts BUT as far as i know(and it seems to be a LOT more than in regards to the events) they didn't have excessive amounts of alcohol,they didn't 'run riot' through the hotel causing havoc and upsetting other guests.

quite frankly,i'm disgusted that YOU have even allowed yourself to be sucked into this story in such a way,i agree with many of your comments but reading that column annoyed and upset me because,not only as a fan of Leicester City but as someone who does know what these men are like,it was completely unwarranted because you knew NONE of the facts and only SOME of the lies....

now that they players have been exonerated and these poor excuses for women have been unveiled as the deceiving,manipulative moneygrabbers they are i am waiting for YOU to put an apology in your column, and a retraction of your awful comments concerning your thoughts on what type of men they are.

i doubt that this email will be answered to,let alone see you have the graciousness to admit you were wrong,after all, when the truth began appearing about these women i never saw you offering your view on what you thought of THEM.

awaiting your reply"

i tend to get carried away when i'm angry about something!! :roll: :twisted: :lol:

Good email BF. lots of impressively long words!

On a lighter note both tim davies and paul dickov thanked the news of the world for exposing the women as hookers. Just thought you would be interested.

Don't waste your time with this dog, she aint worth it. Karma will prevail and she'll probably get hit by a bus or something.

Joe_Fox said:
Don't waste your time with this dog, she aint worth it. Karma will prevail and she'll probably get hit by a bus or something.

:lol: :lol:

Sack her, I would love to see her down the job centre or hooked on heroin.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

:lol: :lol:

Sack her, I would love to see her down the job centre or hooked on heroin.

Hooked, literally, like in Texas Chainsaw massacre but in the Job centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757