Just a rumour......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been speaking to a few Tree huggers, they say there is a vicous rumour doing the rounds there that we have offered Gareth Williams a contract as he has turned down their offer. Would have to go to a tribunal though to set a fee.....

Anyone heard about this???

Nottingham Forest will have to come up with a "considerably improved" contract if Gareth Williams is to stay with the club, his agent warned today.

The Reds have offered the highly-rated midfielder a three-year deal.

But his adviser, Phil Graham, says the Scottish international will sign for another club unless the City Ground outfit come up with something better.

"As things stand, it is unlikely he will sign for Forest - unless they come up with a better contract offer," he said.

"We have had interest from several other clubs and I will be having talks with another Division One side in the near future.

"If any other club makes an acceptable offer to Gareth, he will sign for them.

"But the deal Forest are offering at the moment is not acceptable."

The Reds would be entitled to compensation if Williams does leave as he is only 22.

Graham added: "If it comes to it, we are happy to go to a tribunal."

It doesn't necessarily mean it's us.......

I would like to add that I don't think tribunal feees will be a stumbling block, hey are usually notoriously low. Luton believed they were going to get 3 million for Matthew Taylor and ended up we a little over 100 k initally.

trickytrev said:
I would like to add that I don't think tribunal feees will be a stumbling block, hey are usually notoriously low. Luton believed they were going to get 3 million for Matthew Taylor and ended up we a little over 100 k initally.

The only problem is, is once you've agreed to sign them you have to pay the fee, you can't even get out of it. So we might be put off by this, even if chances are he'd go for £250k

I think personally he could be out of our price range, just looking he has come through their academy and is a full international (although it is Scotland)....so surely would be worth more than the money we have from sales.

The Real Muzzy Magic said:
I think personally he could be out of our price range, just looking he has come through their academy and is a full international (although it is Scotland)....so surely would be worth more than the money we have from sales.

whats OS forum? someone give us a link ta

I've heard Crystal Palace are after Gareth Williams from Forest. :wink:

Forest FC can confirm that Gareth Williams agent, Phil Graham, is having talks with Leicester City and Wolves over a Bosman transfer to the First Division clubs. Gareth has already rejected two contracts by Forest, and his agent spoke out about the new terms, offered by Joe Kinnear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757