Just back from Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

Saw both the St Johnstone and Partick games and I thought they were pretty poor spectacles as far as decent games of football go.

Poor opposition and weak Leicester teams, however, there were positives:-

1. Richard Stearman is the bollocks, hope we dont send him out on loan because he will soon be well known, he'll be in the first team soon anyway

2. Connelly looked good and indeed will prove to be better than Dickov, sure to be a fans favourite.

3. Morris got steadily better and I think should be in the left midfield spot in the first game.

4. Makin looked solid and well worth a contract

5. Heath played really well in the Partick game after a dodgy first game.

6. We passed the ball a lot more than usual (although it was probably due to the nature of the games rather than a drastic change of tactics!).

Negatives:-

1. Didnt get to see Keown or Tiatto play

2. A little dissappointed with Williams, he was very mobile and passed the ball ok but not the top quality I expected.

3. Wasnt impressed with Wilcox or Gemmill (thought Dawson and Butcher looked as good if not better).

From what I've seen of him Stearman looks the part.I watched him on Sky in that youth tournemant and when he came on on Saturday.I'd like to see Morris out on the left wing and I thought Williams played fine against St.johnstone.Wilcox is just too slow IMO especially at left back.The performance against St Johnstone was OK nothing brilliant,they had a lot of players out injured apparently.Connolly and Dublin will prove to be a very good partnership up front I'm just a bit worried if one of them gets an injury...Benjamin?Scowcroft?Wright? none of them are prolific goal scorers,Ok if its just 1 or 2 matches but not much more.

i like what im hearing about the strike force though guys gives me a bit of a lift cheers :lol:

It was was encouraging stuff from what I saw,slighty tarnished by the news that we will lose Pressman for 3-4 weeks as he has been selected for Great Britain for 2004 World Pie Eating Championships in Wigan.

highland fox said:
It was was encouraging stuff from what I saw,slighty tarnished by the news that we will lose Pressman for 3-4 weeks as he has been selected for Great Britain for 2004 World Pie Eating Championships in Wigan.

that is bad news !!!!!! i was 6/4 favourite :roll:

Forget it Lazzer you'll never cope with Lardy Pressman,The King of The Steak & Kidney they called him at Wednesday.I watched him warming up at St.Johnstone..got to be 17 stone,he must have loved the Full Scottish Breakfasts though,first down every morning..''finished with that sausage Scowy? ''

As new songs are in the air (and I am bored) here's my attempt for Pressman,
To the tune of 'I am the music man'

He is the Michelin man that came from Wed-nes-day, but whats name
(but whats name) it's Kevin Pressman.
Kevin, kevin, pressman, pressman, pressman
Kevin, kevin, pressman, the fatty on the bench.

highland fox said:
Forget it Lazzer you'll never cope with Lardy Pressman,The King of The Steak & Kidney they called him at Wednesday.I watched him warming up at St.Johnstone..got to be 17 stone,he must have loved the Full Scottish Breakfasts though,first down every morning..''finished with that sausage Scowy? ''

ive done a few larne sausage and tattie scones in my time highland :wink:
i was brought up on soda and potatoe bread back home :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861