Confirmed Transfer Kasper Schmeichel to Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up feeling desperately sad at the way his departure has been handled tbh.

This bloke is as big a legend as the club has EVER had and in truth we knew if would be the end for him.

He deserved a real send off at the end of last season.

Really looks like a big change at the club is happening now. Before it was just a feeling of change but this man leaving along with his off field influence and leadership worries me.

Thanks Kasper, for more incredible moments than I can remember.

This bloke is as big a legend as the club has EVER had and in truth we knew if would be the end for him.

Really looks like a big change at the club is happening now. Before it was just a feeling of change but this man leaving along with his off field influence and leadership worries me.

Don’t worry yourself. We have two number ones. Eek

Kasper is by far the best bleeper we’ve had whilst I’ve been involved. Seeing him leave is a major problem for me. All the best To him. An unbelievable amount has been achieved with him between the sticks.

Let's face it, Ward is probably not the answer but I'm not too convinced we'd be able to sign someone who is the answer. In which case we might aswell give Ward and Iverson a crack before we have to spend some money.

Obviously one of our greatest players to ever wear the shirt.

It felt like something was going on when he was dropped last season, so it was a real shame something couldn't have been worked out as a proper farewell (hopefully it still can be).

Early last season some people cited Fuchs and Morgan's absence from the squad as a reason for poorer form and softness in the squad. I wonder if we'll see a similar issue this season without Kasper, who has undoubtedly been the biggest presence within the dressing room for the past 10 years or so.

The club supported him while he was weighing up his options. Gave him extra time-off this summer in order to do so. And put no barriers in the way of him getting the longer contract that he (presumably) wanted.... Yeah, the club handled that horribly.

Or the club have desperately been trying to sell the shit to balance the books.

That couldn't happen so one of the higher earners had to leave instead and Kasper was the most convenient option.

If we were always planning on letting him go this summer we would have made much more of a deal about one of our greatest ever players leaving.

Or the club have desperately been trying to sell the shit to balance the books.

That couldn't happen so one of the higher earners had to leave instead and Kasper was the most convenient option.

If we were always planning on letting him go this summer we would have made much more of a deal about one of our greatest ever players leaving.
Why would we? He's not ****ing dying, he's moving to France and I'm sure there will be some kind of testimonial at some point to his career with us.

It's obvious he wanted to go and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he hadn't told the club of this intention months ago. The statements coming from the club and BR all seemed to be about us not standing in his way. It could also be that we weren't prepared to offer him 3 more years based on what seemed to be a decline in his form last year. I'm almost certain it wasn't the club saying 'we need a wage balance so don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out'

I just don't get the hysteria at all. If Iversen or Ward don't cut the mustard, which I'm confident they will, we can look to replace Schmeichel. In the meantime, spunking the wages we've saved on a keeper who may or may not be better than what we have would be ludicrous.

Word on the street is Kasper wants to come back in January

Word on the street is Kasper wants to come back in January
Ey up you’re on the street now too? If you see BN tell him I said he’s a bastard.

Kasper has been sorely missed, no doubt. But I don't think we should have him back.

We were going to have to replace him soon anyway so at best it would be a short term thing. I would prefer us to sign to someone else.

And I'm doubtful it would work as a short term thing either. There is a reason his form has been so bad, and even if there is a satisfying answer to that, Kasper had been talking about a new challenge for a while, so I doubt that having said his goodbyes and coming back six months later having failed his heart would be in it, or that he would have the same influence on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263