Speculation Kasper to 'Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Friedel will be nearly 42 by the end of next season!

Spurs have been leaking goals.

Draw your own conclusions.

Brad Friedel will be nearly 42 next season

Halfway through the season, they were looking a decent bet for the title

Draw your own conclusions...

True, but Friedal and Cudicini are hardly the future of the club, are they? It would be extremely short sighted of Spurs not to begin looking for a replacement for their current crop of goalkeepers - they may well believe Kasper has what it takes to play at the top level and bring him in as Friedal's eventual replacement. If I was Schmeichel, I wouldn't turn that down - even if it meant sitting on the bench for a season while the current keeper sees out his career.

Sorry I'm not bright enough to follow where you are going. I wouldn't have a clue whether Spurs wamt to sign Kasper - but I'd assume that it would be normal football management practice to be seeking a successor if your first choice keeper will be getting his bus pass in 18 years - and of course Kasper would go there if he gets the chance. We all would if we were in his position and had any sense.

...I'd assume that it would be normal football management practice to be seeking a successor if your first choice keeper will be getting his bus pass in 18 years

Bus passes are no longer available at 60. Their issue for both men and women is in line with the increasing women's retirement age.

Bus passes are no longer available at 60. Their issue for both men and women is in line with the increasing women's retirement age.

Thank you.......but this is slightly more complicated than you imply.

Friedel is a US citizen - and I've got to come clean and admit I am not fully conversant with American bus pass concession entitlements - I guess that this is not a federal matter but either a state or maybe county level issue so it may be complicated.
But what i do f-----g know is that Friedel is nearly time expired as a Premier League keeper and that Spurs will be looking at the future..... Also the Kasper speculation doesn't as yet seem to have spread across the media circus so perhaps there's nothing to it....... bet Kasper hopes there is though.

Thank you.......but this is slightly more complicated than you imply.

Friedel is a US citizen - and I've got to come clean and admit I am not fully conversant with American bus pass concession entitlements - I guess that this is not a federal matter but either a state or maybe county level issue so it may be complicated.

:081:

Didn't he say the exact same thing before he left Leeds last season? Just saying.

Didn't he say the exact same thing before he left Leeds last season? Just saying.

He did indeed. However, Leeds wanted rid of him - I'd be surprised if we do. Money talks though, the temptation of having a few extra mill we aren't allowed to spend might be too much for us...

One of the very few sellable assets we have that would command a very decent fee should we handle any negotiations correctly so I can see this being very much true unfortunately. Don't think he is quite ready for the Premiership as yet as he can be a bit suspect with corners/crosses but fantastic potential and I can't see him hanging around here for another 2-3 years if we don't go up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669