keeping the faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

so far we have either signed or look likely to sign a total of 5 players (campbell,dublin, tiatto, wilcox, makin) this does lead to the unpleasant conclusion that micky really does have some obsession with experienced players and isnt willing to give youth a chance and would rather play a bunch of premiership has beens than give the younger lads a chance.

in a rare moment of positive thought for a city fan i thought that thats probably not the case. in fact hes aware of the fact we barely have a squad and desperately need to fill the spaces in it but hes gonna be putting his faith in canero, morris, wright, heath, stewart etc next season and the older players are being brought in to provide much needed squad depth and to provide safe bets as replacements for any youngsters who fail to live up to their potential. thats my happy shiny viewpoint on it (i admit i did previously slag off micky for his signings but i cant be doing with another couple of months feelin down about all the players we bring in).

so screw it, lets hope for a quick return to where we belong
COME ON LEICESTER

the young players he was talking about playing, and will play, will come from our own youth system.

We cannot afford good young players. It's a simple, plain fact. Not hard to understand at all really.

Name one good young player that's been signed in division 1 this season apart from Williams, who'd even challenge for a place in our team?

Tommy Smith - signed by Derby (ex Sunderland & Waford)

Forest seem to rate Kris Cummins (is it?)

Think Leeds picked up a good young player as well

KTFaith said:
Forest seem to rate Kris Cummins (is it?)

Kris Commons, they've not agreed to a fee, so it will go to a tribunal. I hope he costs them more than we have to pay for Williams!

Even average young players cost a fee, so experienced players who are out of contract will always be cheaper, and their wages will usually be a lot lower than they would have been a few years ago.

Very few clubs have money to spend on transfer fees, so I don't know why people are expecting us to buy a new team when there's so little money around.

Another topic about the same subject with the same arguements that will come from the same people.

1. Total is seven, you forgot to include the 'in thier 20's' Williams and Connelly :roll:
2. The players that you mentioned would be playing anyway IMO adding some of the new signings and youth/reserve players that impress would give us a good mix.

That's it, I am not going to repeat the same stuff over and over again :?

As you say 'COME ON LEICESTER' :D

micky knows whats he's doing, what we need for the next seaon is to raise the volume at the walkers, we were shit in terms of atmosphere, and when we did raise the tempo we won the games ie: blackburn(played shit, fans were great) and leeds (atmosphere was good and we played well good)

we need to make the walkers a fortress again, like fratton park is, instead of moaning, lets see how we are against west ham, lets raise the volume.

we will return!!

fratton parks a shit hole and full of twats as soon as they go to there new stadium they will have problems as well, like man city, doesn't help when you slap bans on fans who make the noise.

i agree.

the atmosphere at the walkers last year was pretty poor. i know we didn't have loads to get excited about but it just seems more sterile. the club don't help either with the stewarding and agressive attitude towards the more vocal fans. I saw a guy near me ejected last season for calling Di Canio a diving tw@t (which was undeniably true).

i think a lot of it is still to do with the singers getting their season tickets sat together, the guys in the east stand nr the away fans were good value last year but there isn't enough going on atmosphere wise for most of the games.

Nottm Fox said:
i agree.

the atmosphere at the walkers last year was pretty poor. i know we didn't have loads to get excited about but it just seems more sterile. the club don't help either with the stewarding and agressive attitude towards the more vocal fans. I saw a guy near me ejected last season for calling Di Canio a diving tw@t (which was undeniably true).

i think a lot of it is still to do with the singers getting their season tickets sat together, the guys in the east stand nr the away fans were good value last year but there isn't enough going on atmosphere wise for most of the games.

thats what i mean, we need to get more atmosphere, i sit in the east stand, and when i sing ppl just stare at me with weird faces, they need to be moved to another side, so we can creat more atmosphere.

even when we were getting promoted against brighton, the fans were still sitting down in the east stand, eventually they stood up and started cheering.

Nottm Fox said:
i agree.

The stewards are worse in L1!! I got ejected during the charlton game last year and got told by the clubs health and safety manager that they had to make an example!!

why'd they kick u out?
only game i remember the atmosphere being really good last year was the blackburn one, and that was still pretty much just the kop. remember being embarrassed how bad it was for the newcastle game on boxing day.

i thought the leeds and blackburn games were good for atmosphere and the last 10 minutes against man city with muzzy's hand of god and the penalty, but other than that it was just the kop and the small part of the east stand that made any noise. Needs to be better this year, one of the best things about football is the buzz of the people and getting behind the boys.

why is keeping the faith sitting down with a flask with hands in pockets shivering moaning about the cold and staying perfectly silent. most embarrassing was norwich home last game of season when we went up and norwich fans?! yes norwich fans!! were taking the piss out of us, and actually sang a couple of songs on our behalf, and whilst pompey were jubilant on the pitch, we were streaming out before the embarrassing parade.

Sick.

Country Fox said:
why'd they kick u out?
only game i remember the atmosphere being really good last year was the blackburn one, and that was still pretty much just the kop. remember being embarrassed how bad it was for the newcastle game on boxing day.

yeah i remmebr that our 4,000th game, no one singing, silence, and we were winning as well. im sure if we had some atmosphere then we would have nicked a second and won the game, just like the other games we drew. in some games u could hear a pin drop. disgraceful. the team needs support, the fans won the blackburn game 4 us, if the atmosphere could have been all seaon like the last 10 minutes of the man city game, we would have stayed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757