New Contract Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall - 2027

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm that Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall has penned a new long-term deal with the Foxes to 2027.

An Academy graduate, Dewsbury-Hall enjoyed a breakthrough 2021/22 campaign, making 44 appearances in all competitions, lifting the FA Community Shield and helping City to reach the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa Conference League.

His high-energy midfield performances have made him an integral part of City’s side, and he ended the campaign with a brace of individual accolades.

The 23-year-old, who grew up in Shepshed, won the Players’ Player of the Season and the Young Player of the Season at the Club’s Annual End of Season Awards.

Speaking to LCFC TV, he said:I’m so proud and I’m really happy. It’s a great day for myself and my family. A lot of hard work has gone into this deal, and it’s a really nice feeling to get it done. Now, I’m just looking forward to the future.

“I have a really good relationship with the Football Club. I’ve been here since I was eight-years-old, so it was a no-brainer really when I sat down and we spoke about the deal. I’ve got big, big ambitions for the future, and I know the Football Club have too.”

Kiernan joined the Academy at the age of eight in 2006 and progressed through the ranks to represent the Under-18s and Under-23s sides before making his First Team debut against Brentford in the Emirates FA Cup in January 2020.

After emerging through the Under-18s, he quickly made his mark for the Under-23s and became a regular in Premier League 2, while captaining a young Foxes team at the annual Hong Kong Citi Soccer Sevens tournament.

Following his First Team bow at Griffin Park, he joined Blackpool on loan for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign, scoring four goals in 10 games.

Another loan spell, this time at Luton Town in the Sky Bet Championship, followed and his talents made headlines in the second tier.

He made 40 appearances in all competitions for the Hatters, scoring three times, and received the Ian Pearce Memorial Trophy, given for the most man of the match performances, along with the Supporters’ Player of the Season and Players’ Player of the Season awards.

He returned to the Foxes and appeared as a substitute in the FA Community Shield victory against Manchester City in August 2021, before making his top-flight debut in a 2-1 win at Norwich City later that month.

His full Premier League debut came at Aston Villa in December 2021, and four days later a maiden goal in European competition followed as he struck against Napoli in the UEFA Europa League.

Over the Christmas period, his rapid emergence continued as he impressed in wins over Newcastle United and Liverpool, before netting his second European goal in the UEFA Europa Conference League against Randers in February 2022.

His season ended in style as he netted his first Premier League goal in a 2-1 home victory over Crystal Palace at King Power Stadium.

I found this interesting. His strength is going forward despite him not really delivering when he gets there.

He really needs to improve his passing and goal involvement to become a proper PL midfielder. His energy and his attitude are his main strengths for me.

20220623_110641.jpg

He'll never be the real deal until he improves his Padj tackles or his NxPGs apparently. Whatever the dickens that means
Not to mention his pressure regains. A club like ours ought to be able to buy him a bicycle pump

He is already very much a 'proper PL midfielder'.
I don't understand the half of this graph, but it seems to be saying he's better than the average EPL midfielder in 9 of 15 areas (and not far off in a further 3), sounds perfectly proper to me

He'll never be the real deal until he improves his Padj tackles or his NxPGs apparently. Whatever the dickens that means
Possession-adjusted (styled as PAdj or Opp30) is a method to calculate defensive statistics to take possession values into account.

While the average duration of the match is slighly on rise every year and is at 95 minutes 30 seconds for 2019, the pure time of ball in play is in decrease and is generally between 50 and 60 minutes depending on the league. Wyscout took 60 minutes as a reasonable value to adjust possession-dependent stats to.

The logic for adjusting defensive statistics is the following: you can only make defensive contribution when you're not in the possession of the ball. Therefore, when you look for high defensive values, normally you would only encounter the defenders of the lower teams in the league: their defenders, being dominated by a possession-leading team, are forced to make more actions (defensive duels, interception, sliding tackles etc.). The defenders of possession-based teams are naturally making less actions. Adjusting these values to the possession (as if the match was played with a 50%/50% possession) gives further insight to the frequency of defensive actions.

Example:

In the match of AFC Bournemouth - Manchester City (0:1, 2 March 2019) Man City had had 80% of possession (42:37 pure possession time), while Bournemouth only had 20% (10:35 pure possession time).

Aké, who played the whole match for Bournemouth, had 10 interceptions. His PAdj interceptions value would be: 10 / 42.5 * 30 = 7.06.

Walker, who played the whole match for Man City, had 5 interceptions. His PAdj interceptions value would be: 5 / 10.5 * 30 = 14.3.

Therefore, while Walker made only half of interceptions of Aké, the huge difference in possession make his possession-adjusted value twice higher.

Possession-adjusted (styled as PAdj or Opp30) is a method to calculate defensive statistics to take possession values into account.

While the average duration of the match is slighly on rise every year and is at 95 minutes 30 seconds for 2019, the pure time of ball in play is in decrease and is generally between 50 and 60 minutes depending on the league. Wyscout took 60 minutes as a reasonable value to adjust possession-dependent stats to.

The logic for adjusting defensive statistics is the following: you can only make defensive contribution when you're not in the possession of the ball. Therefore, when you look for high defensive values, normally you would only encounter the defenders of the lower teams in the league: their defenders, being dominated by a possession-leading team, are forced to make more actions (defensive duels, interception, sliding tackles etc.). The defenders of possession-based teams are naturally making less actions. Adjusting these values to the possession (as if the match was played with a 50%/50% possession) gives further insight to the frequency of defensive actions.

Example:

In the match of AFC Bournemouth - Manchester City (0:1, 2 March 2019) Man City had had 80% of possession (42:37 pure possession time), while Bournemouth only had 20% (10:35 pure possession time).

Aké, who played the whole match for Bournemouth, had 10 interceptions. His PAdj interceptions value would be: 10 / 42.5 * 30 = 7.06.

Walker, who played the whole match for Man City, had 5 interceptions. His PAdj interceptions value would be: 5 / 10.5 * 30 = 14.3.

Therefore, while Walker made only half of interceptions of Aké, the huge difference in possession make his possession-adjusted value twice higher.
I mean, the fact that you spent time even finding this horse bollocks is astounding. To then copy and paste it without reference, passing it off as your own horse bollocks is bordering on clinical lunacy.

I mean, the fact that you spent time even finding this horse bollocks is astounding. To then copy and paste it without reference, passing it off as your own horse bollocks is bordering on clinical lunacy.
It'll all be redundant anyway if that ****ing lunatic Wenger gets his way & we end up with the introduction of kick-ins & a world cup every 2 years. It'll be Year Zero for stats nerds.

It'll all be redundant anyway if that ****ing lunatic Wenger gets his way & we end up with the introduction of kick-ins & a world cup every 2 years. It'll be Year Zero for stats nerds.

I agree with 30 minutes each half on a clock. It would cut out all the fake injuries and silliness.

I'd cut World Cups to once a decade. They're just a tiresome distraction.

Oh Pop, I think you've had a bit of a shocker there old bean. Allow me to explain:

1. It took about 10 seconds to find. Google is really quick.

2. The post was in reply to jb5000's comment that he doesn't know what Padj means, so there's your reference point.

3. Did I pass it off as my own? Arguably yes, but come on, when have you, or anyone, ever known me to write with such eloquence?
Also, you're the one who's quoted me so it could be said that the stronger argument is that it is you who has made it look like it came from me.

4. More importantly, the point I was actually trying to make by posting such a load of compete over engineered codswhallop is that it is indeed complete over engineered codswhallop (thus agreeing with you and making this whole post a compete and utter waste of everyone's time).

I've adjusted your PoQIvCv accordingly. You're still above average but there is definitely room for improvement.

Oh Pop, I think you've had a bit of a shocker there old bean. Allow me to explain:

1. It took about 10 seconds to find. Google is really quick.

2. The post was in reply to jb5000's comment that he doesn't know what Padj means, so there's your reference point.

3. Did I pass it off as my own? Arguably yes, but come on, when have you, or anyone, ever known me to write with such eloquence?
Also, you're the one who's quoted me so it could be said that the stronger argument is that it is you who has made it look like it came from me.

4. More importantly, the point I was actually trying to make by posting such a load of compete over engineered codswhallop is that it is indeed complete over engineered codswhallop (thus agreeing with you and making this whole post a compete and utter waste of everyone's time).

I've adjusted your PoQIvCv accordingly. You're still above average but there is definitely room for improvement.
Mate. Come on now. I mean, I love you baby, more than the next man but don't sell me a carrot and call it a dildo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263