Kisnorbo Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

David Moyes said after the Andy Johnson press conference that he is currently after a central defender, and hopes to sort it by next week. Paddy K has been linked, could he be on his way?

Hope not.

SilverFox said:
David Moyes said after the Andy Johnson press conference that he is currently after a central defender, and hopes to sort it by next week. Paddy K has been linked, could he be on his way?

Hope not.

Robert Huth ?

I hope not after the back end of last season, it will also mean us having the hastle of finding a replacement.

However, I won't lose too much sleep worrying, he is replaceable

Melton Fox said:
I hope not after the back end of last season, it will also mean us having the hastle of finding a replacement.

However, I won't lose too much sleep worrying, he is replaceable

TBH we shouldn't have to replace him. IMO we were just getting settled in that department. It would be nice to start the season that way. I'd hate to have to look for replacements again!

I think the Huth to Wigan deal was done a long time ago. Just got to go through the marketing machine first.... needs more 1st team action, maybe use the world cup to boost his fee... it's not easy earning 50 grand a week you know....

MKFox said:
I think the Huth to Wigan deal was done a long time ago. Just got to go through the marketing machine first.... needs more 1st team action, maybe use the world cup to boost his fee... it's not easy earning 50 grand a week you know....

No, saw a press story early this week saying Everton were going to snatch 2 players from under the noses of Wigan, following the Johnson deal next was Huth

Robert Huth and Joleon Lescott have been linked with Everton the last few days. Paddy is going nowhere IMO.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Robert Huth and Joleon Lescott have been linked with Everton the last few days. Paddy is going nowhere IMO.

I would have thought that Huth would be heading to Goodison Park, as for Kisnorbo I would have said that Birmingham would be a more likely destination, were he to leave us.

Also if a championship defender does leave for 'big' money, lescott etc, then he will need replacing so its possible wolves could be in the running in that instance.

It would seem Everton have agreed a fee with wolves for their central defender Lescott.

SilverFox said:
It would seem Everton have agreed a fee with wolves for their central defender Lescott.

Source

If he is worth £5.5, then so is Kisnorbo. ;)

Everton bid for Lescott accepted

Lescott's Wolves team missed out on the play-offs in 2005-2006
Wolves central defender Joleon Lescott is poised to join Everton after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

The £5.5m-rated 23-year-old had been linked to newly-promoted Reading and Spanish side Sevilla but has travelled to Merseyside for talks and a medical.

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness told the club website: "We have now concluded our discussions with Wolves."

Everton are also believed to be keen on Chelsea's Robert Huth but face fierce competition to sign him.

Wigan were reported to have had a £5.5m bid accepted by the Stamford Bridge club, while Middlesbrough and Newcastle also appear to be interested in landing the German international.

We expect to conclude the transfer, which will reflect the player's value

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey

Everton have already beaten Wigan and Bolton to the signature of striker Andrew Johnson for £8.6m.

Johnson completed his move from Crystal Palace on Wednesday and Wolves have confirmed that Lescott is poised to be Everton's next signing.

Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey said: "We have been in discussion with a number of clubs interested in signing Joleon and have agreed a transfer fee with Everton.

"Joleon is undergoing a medical examination and, subject to the outcome of that, we expect to conclude the transfer, which will reflect the player's value."

Last edited:
Where have everton got all of this money from. 8.5 million for Johnson is their record signing, now silly money for an ugly orange shirt wearing mediocre defender.

What is the world coming to. Wolves must be pissing their sides laughing.

I reckon Wolves will be in for Kisnorbo soon then, all that cash burning a hole in hoddles pocket!! Plus Wigan are still looking for a CB.

I would be surprised if Lescott's fee is anything like £5.5m although I do stand to be corrected.

IMO the fee will be in the region of 3m up front with various add ons and perfromance related payments which may well add up to the 5.5m over the term of the contract.

Probably includes bungs to agents (sorry, commission and search fees) as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265