Kyle Naughton's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we've been batting well above our average with the players that have come in on loan. On the whole they've used us to showcase their talents for a January move to somewhere more desirable. Of course, you accept this in general but I suspect Sven expected us to be able to turn them in to permanent deals hence the reliance on them. It now appears we will end up with a totally different back 5 in the run in.

I suspect we've been batting well above our average with the players that have come in on loan. On the whole they've used us to showcase their talents for a January move to somewhere more desirable. Of course, you accept this in general but I suspect Sven expected us to be able to turn them in to permanent deals hence the reliance on them. It now appears we will end up with a totally different back 5 in the run in.

Davies - Yes.

Naughton/Cunningham - No.
Both come across in interviews as honest and they seem to want to just play football.

Kirkland - No.
He knows his career is over and this was a last chance to kick start it.

Bednar - No.
I think he thought he could come down here and be our lead striker and push for the Prem. God knows what happened!

Last edited:
Davies - Yes.

Naughton/Cunningham - No.
Both come across in interviews as honest and they seem to want to just play football.

Kirkland - No.
He knows his career is over and this was a last chance to kick start it.

Bednar - No.
I think he thought he could come down here and be our lead striker and push for the Prem. God knows what happened!

He's lazy and uninterested?
I actually thought he'd be decent too, but he's been terrible in every game I've seen him play.

spurs just recalled walker from qpr, surely that means naughton can stay at least on loan and play on saturday

spurs just recalled walker from qpr, surely that means naughton can stay at least on loan and play on saturday

Which probably means QPR will now want Naughton.

Similar feelings myself. And could this in turn lead to Sven questioning his commitment....

Naughton was the only loanee in the back 5 on Monday, so it's not all doom and gloom.

If he isn't available for the Man City game, put Mos to right back and Sol in the centre with Jack.

Or if Vitor is fit, put him at right back and leave rest as is.

If Adam Johnson plays on the left for Man C, we need someone with a bit of pace, and Robbie ain't the answer (nor Lamey)

Back to square one again....all the loanees going back to there parent clubs...Would it be easier now to knock them on the head and start building a team with players who are going to commit themselves to us?

Or go down that loan route again and hope we can get enough quality that is going to get us up.

Just buy him Top..he's a quality defender and would cut it in the Prem. Worth every penny..then he can have Johnson's scrawny arse in his pocket all game! :D

bamba hobbs morrisson berner for sunday.
easy

They may not want to play Berner because of him then being cup tied. Or Morrisson for that matter.

Why would we care about that? They are our players and under contract. Even if we sell them, the buying team is going to be some crock of shit club that will a) be out of the cup or b) soon be out of the cup.

Why would we care about that? They are our players and under contract. Even if we sell them, the buying team is going to be some crock of shit club that will a) be out of the cup or b) soon be out of the cup.

Any offer that we've already had may insist on it.

Back to square one again....all the loanees going back to there parent clubs...Would it be easier now to knock them on the head and start building a team with players who are going to commit themselves to us?

Or go down that loan route again and hope we can get enough quality that is going to get us up.

We might as well accept that the loan system is now an integral part of the process for most clubs including us. Personally I think its gone completely out of control but irrespective of that there is no question that it means that key decisions that affect our prospects are now decided elsewhere.

Any offer that we've already had may insist on it.

You think we'll be bothered about a maximum of £350k for the pair? More important we don't get spanked 65-1 on Sunday.

Besides, they aren't world beaters are they, I really can't see some tin pot club dictating to us they need to be able to play in the FA cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263