Last one-dayer of the season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Derbyshire in the Pro40 today is the last one-dayer of the season. Nothing to gain from a win, but a loss could see us slip to 2nd bottom.

Funny how we're recognised a good one-day side but have done nothing in either this or the C&G. We've suffered from resting Broad and Asif/Griffith for too many one-dayers I think.

WTF. 9 overs gone and we've only got 22.

Chasing another 200!

For some reason we haven't been able to translate our 20/20 batting into Pro40 cricket. I'm not expecting 7 or 8 an over but we've struggled to put competitive scores on the board. We started so well against Yorkshire and we should have used that as a blueprint, but we haven't.

WTF. 9 overs gone and we've only got 22.

They seem to do this a lot in the 40 over games, it's as though they're just trying to get through the first 10 or so overs without losing a wicket, and once they achieve that they start to increase the scoring rate. Now 45-0 from 12.1 overs, so that's 23 scored from the last 19 balls, if they can keep that up it should be enough to win the match.

Poor bowling figures from Broad, he went for 55 in 7 overs.

Last edited:
It won't be easy to keep that scoring up though, especially as the spinners will come on and will be hard to get away. I always think its a missed oppurtunity not to score quite a few in the first 15, I'd like to us play a pinch hitter or give Maddy license to play all his shots.

Last edited:
116 runs from 17 overs. R.R/R 6.82

By no means a simple task. I think we need Maddy there at the end!

Good result from the position in the last 10 overs. Nixon wins another match for us with Henderson at his side!

They seem to do this a lot in the 40 over games, it's as though they're just trying to get through the first 10 or so overs without losing a wicket, and once they achieve that they start to increase the scoring rate.

They did this a couple of times in the Twenty20 - if you remember the semi against Essex they scored very few in the first 5 overs. Keeping wickets in hand is the most important thing - a fact that England haven't cottoned on to in the past 14 years :icon_wink

Good to finish off the one day format with a win. Perfectly paced chase by the foxes!

Hard to get excited by a meaningless win against Derbyshire.

I'm disappointed we haven't been more competitive in Pro40. We really should have been challenging for promotion :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00