Last Post Dean Hammond and my lack of street cred.

At one point it was claimed that I owed Dean Hammond an apology.

Wasn't this me? I hope it hasn't played on your mind too much, you touched a nerve when I was in a weird mood. I wish you all the best anyway, and hope your health improves.

Best wishes DG. Your posts were always an amusing area of considered calm in a sometimes crazy storm of bedwetters!

Ah DG, this makes me sad to read.

I wondered about you recently - I think I even mentioned your whereabouts in another thread - as it had been a while since I'd seen anything from you.

An online forum is a strange thing; I just had a look at my own profile and realised I've now been a member of this forum for 18.5 years, which is absolutely mental - and yet I've never met a person from the forum and probably no one would notice if I stopped coming here.

But yet I keep coming back because, like you, I want to see the opinions of TB members rather than just the factual news - and I value the opinions of TB members a lot more than I do opinions on Twitter ;)

Despite this being a relatively faceless, anonymous forum, certain names stick out - and you were always one of the posters that stood out for me and that I'd look out for; your posts have always been different (in a nice way!) and good to read. Amusing, well-written and a different take.

I hope you can stick around a while longer; both on here and in this world! But if you can't, I hope you've at least stuck around long enough to read these replies to see how highly you're thought of here.

All the best

Last edited:
Ah DG, this makes me sad to read.

I wondered about you recently - I think I even mentioned your whereabouts in another thread - as it had been a while since I'd seen anything from you.

An online forum is a strange thing; I just had a look at my own profile and realised I've now been a member of this forum for 18.5 years, which is absolutely mental - and yet I've never met a person from the forum and probably no one would notice if I stopped coming here.

But yet I keep coming back because, like you, I want to see the opinions of TB members rather than just the factual news - and I value the opinions of TB members a lot more than I do opinions on Twitter ;)

Despite this being a relatively faceless, anonymous forum, certain names stick out - and you were always one of the posters that stood out for me and that I'd look out for; your posts have always been different (in a nice way!) and good to read. Amusing, well-written and a different take.

I hope you can stick around a while longer; both on here and in this world! But if you can't, I hope you've at least stuck around long enough to read these replies to see how highly you're thought of here.

All the best
I'd miss you Grez

Only been here for a short period and the time difference doesn't always help when posting.
Don't know who DG is or anyone else either, but do enjoy reading everyone's posts.
So I say good health to everyone and may you all continue to amuse me.

I was thinking about David and this thread.

I did a search and he was last on here a couple of weeks ago so dare I assume that he's still with us?

One more relegation witnessed before you go. In the nicest possible way, I sincerely hope that it will be your last one.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363