Pre Match League Cup r4 MK Dons v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much needed rest for Madders…..
Surely a Carabao kickabout to get back in the swing of first team football might be sensible.

Didn't Cags play for Turkey in the week prior to the World Cup starting?

Yep. He last played for them on 19th Nov.

He played against Man City on 29th Oct and was then left out of our next three matchday squads due to a 'hamstring problem' which miraculously didn't exist when he then played for Turkey.

He was then omitted from the Dubai training squad and subsequent friendlies. Rodgers hasn't said anything about him since before the WC though.

With Ricardo, Justin, Bertrand and possibly Evans injured, we are down to five fit defenders if we contine to exclude Soyuncu. And one of the five is Vestergaard.

He played against Man City on 29th Oct and was then left out of our next three matchday squads due to a 'hamstring problem' which miraculously didn't exist when he then played for Turkey.

He was then omitted from the Dubai training squad and subsequent friendlies. Rodgers hasn't said anything about him since before the WC though.

With Ricardo, Justin, Bertrand and possibly Evans injured, we are down to five fit defenders if we contine to exclude Soyuncu. And one of the five is Vestergaard.
He must have really pissed Brendan off.

Let’s face it, Rodgers isn’t going to call him out now. It’s pretty clear Cags is leaving and January is at least a chance to get a few pennies in return, as well as potentially saving a few quid on some of the wages left due on his contract. That helps Rodgers a little bit, in terms of getting someone in who might actually play a few games, rather than wait until the summer, so we’re just trying to protect whatever chance there is left of that happening.

So 4 defenders then?
Is that Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas?

We desperately need a defender in January - Evans will keep getting injured, as will Ricardo (if he's even fit again soon), and I worry about JJ's injuries too.

We seems to have gone through a spell of players getting career changing injuries.

A few of them playing similar roles.....

So 4 defenders then?
Is that Castagne, Amartey, Faes, Thomas?

We desperately need a defender in January - Evans will keep getting injured, as will Ricardo (if he's even fit again soon), and I worry about JJ's injuries too.

Also worth mentioning that Amartey and Mendy are likely to be going off to the ANC in a couple of weeks.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that we'll at least be bringing in somebody to replace Cags, if he goes in January, even if it's just on loan.

For anyone going tonight who may not have seen the email from the club …

“Furthermore, no football parking is permitted at the ASDA superstore adjacent to the stadium or at the MK1 retail park. A Parking Charge Notice of £60 will be issued for cars identified as parking for football or those exceeding the two-hour parking period.”

Yes. But none of our players are involved.

You're thinking of the Africa Cup of Nations, which was originally planned to be played next summer, but has been moved to January 2024.

Ah, I didn't clock that only players based in Africa take part.

We seriously need to get rid of Evans in the summer. Jesus, injured in a ****ing kickabout.

Ricardo would be put down if he was a horse & JJ is probably going to be the same.
Ndidi has been shite for a whole year.
January & summer are going to need to be spectacular.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that we'll at least be bringing in somebody to replace Cags, if he goes in January, even if it's just on loan.

I'd think so too. I mean Cags only has 1 appearance so could argue he doesn't need replacing - but seeing as we don't to use Vestergaard either then we are very short at the back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363