Leaving early

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder how many people deliberately miss the first 10 minutes of a game.

There is an argument that watching us in the first half of matches is a bit of a waste of time.

The stats are pretty conclusive that all the meaningful action takes place in the second half.

Anyone left early thinking we had lost only to end up us clawing back a big deficit right at the death? I remember the Arsenal game when Bergkamp scored a beauty only for Walsh to score at the death.

Anyone left early thinking we had lost only to end up us clawing back a big deficit right at the death? I remember the Arsenal game when Bergkamp scored a beauty only for Walsh to score at the death.

If my memory is right, there was a game against Swindon when we were three down with less than ten minutes left and we either drew or won.

It was a mad finish, they just collapsed. I recall fans had left and were trying to get back in!

I know at least one member of this website left the Bristol Rovers game when we were 0-1 down to a Jo Kuffour goal. And a Chelsea fan I used to know once told me a story of leaving a game at Blackpool at half time because Chelsea were 3-0 down. Got home and switched on his TV to discover they’d won 4-3.

If the team is 3-0 down or something with 5 to go you can understand it more, but with things how they are at the minute this team is capable of great things and mixing it with the very best in Europe. Having said that, I sympathise re: traffic, our stadium is not ideally placed in that regard. I worked as a steward at the Walkers about a decade ago and leaving the ground after the game was always a nightmare and we'd often leave slightly after fans, after the roads had had a bit of time to clear. A journey home that would normally take in the region of 30 mins or so would take three or four times that after a game...

Wonder how many Saints fans left with 5 mins of the first half to go.

Sometimes if you live out of the area you have to run to catch a train. My dad and I used to have to do that back in the late 80s.

I never forgot the Kop emptying in that Leeds United game in league 1, Steve Howard's bullet header off the corner, that would have caused an earthquake for sure.

It's interesting all this talk of traffic after a game when Leicester is a dreadful place to drive through at the best of times. That said however, I park fairly close to the ground (5 minutes walk) and never leave early. I leave Leicester via the A6 and generally I can be at the top of Victoria Park within half an hour of the game finishing, whereas my journey in can take twice that amount time two hours before the game kicks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757