Lee Wilkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Fox

thought id start a new thread since he keeps popping up on various different ones

what do people know about him beyond the fact hes been capped for scotland a few times?

He knackered one of his knees. That always worries me. :wink:

Rangers regarded this lad as a quality player, but the injury hindered any move.

You never know what a player will come back like from a long injury like this & if it will happen again. All I would say is... if Levy can get him on a cheapish wage on a free, then it could be a good deal.

Another risk like the Darren Eadie transfer & currently we have Lee Morris. The main problem would be we don't want to carry too many injured players. We always seem to have our fair share here anyway.

any medical ppl out there - is a cruciate injury the sort of injury that often re-occurs?

He looks like an ex con. Cant see too many forwards in this division/prem fancying coming up against him - quality tattoos

Country Fox said:
any medical ppl out there - is a cruciate injury the sort of injury that often re-occurs?

I'll ask my mrs. and tell you later!

Country Fox said:

It basically depends on the quality of the op and the quality of rehab. each case is different, its impossible to say.

If the tear and resulting op were straight forward and the muscles around the knee are built up slowly to strengthen the joint then tehre is no reason for the knee to go again. Look at Walshy. He did his in 95 and played for us til 2001 without too much bother, and he was getting on a bit.

Country Fox said:
what do people know about him beyond the fact hes been capped for scotland a few times?

Well quite simply he is not really very good, IMHO.
He has played for Scotland but then you also have to remember Scotland are not very good and "That German" gave almost anyone a cap that he could. He has had some nightmare games for Dundee conceeded a few penalties and OGs also. Best of luck with this big lump if you end up with him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/4149503.stm

From what I've seen of him he's a bit on the 'clumsy' side,like FSW said 'a big lump' just about sums him up.I haven't seen him play enough really to give a true opinion,he is really tall though !

DurhamFox said:
Im assuming Levein knows what to look for in a centre back though?
I would have thought so, he was a great defender himself and he did a great job with our defenders, maybe he sees wilkie as someone who will command your defenders and take no sh!t from them, be his man on the field as it were. But he is very clumsy at times, still not a total loss and at 24 i guess he can still improve and become less clumsy, also your defenders have to be better than Dundees so maybe there will be less pressure on him and will result in better more confident performances.

Fine Scottish Wine said:
DurhamFox said:
Im assuming Levein knows what to look for in a centre back though?
I would have thought so, he was a great defender himself and he did a great job with our defenders, maybe he sees wilkie as someone who will command your defenders and take no sh!t from them, be his man on the field as it were. But he is very clumsy at times, still not a total loss and at 24 i guess he can still improve and become less clumsy, also your defenders have to be better than Dundees so maybe there will be less pressure on him and will result in better more confident performances.

Dont bank on it!!

I'd prefer Steven Pressley to Wilkie but theres not much chance of us getting him.I think CL knows exactly who he wants but we desperately need to move players out before he can act.

highland fox said:
I'd prefer Steven Pressley to Wilkie but theres not much chance of us getting him.I think CL knows exactly who he wants but we desperately need to move players out before he can act.

I bet you would prefer him, but he is about to sign a new contract which will keep him at Hearts until the end of his career. :D

He looks like a committed sort of player who takes no sh!t from no one, and he is of the right age.
Apart from that, I think, if his injury is properly sorted out, it might work to our advantage that Levein had shown faith in Wilkie and hopefull he will give 100% for us.
similar with De Vries and Maybury, CL had pretty rescued their careers and hopefully they will work their bollocks off for CL and hence for the team.

yeh the descriptions on here dont suggest that talent wise hes that convincing but hes only 24 so can develop and will be hungry to re establish himself after so long out so could give the side a boost anyway

according to planetfootball, the Dundee manager had said that not CL nor anyone else had been in touch about a move for Wilkie... but I still got a funny feeling that we may still get him

lcfcrules said:
according to planetfootball, the Dundee manager had said that not CL nor anyone else had been in touch about a move for Wilkie... but I still got a funny feeling that we may still get him

He is out of contract in the Summer and after Jan 1st he is free to talk to whomsoever he likes without reference to his current club if he were to sign some kind of pre-contractual agreement. :wink: In the case of a transfer then obviously both Clubs get involved. Or he could sit and wait until his contract expires.

Plenty of ways for him to arrive at City. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366