Lee Wilkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonfox

Dundee defender Lee Wilkie has rejected the chance to join Leicester City and has instead extended his contract with the Scottish club for another two seasons.

Wilkie told his club's official website: "There was no guarantee that I would have gone to Leicester and been happy. I didn't want to move away from my son Jack either, I see him every day and it would have been too much of a wrench, and the good times at Dundee have always been very good so I'm happy to be staying on.

"I could have been playing in front of big crowds and against teams like Leeds and West Ham, but I am still young and I think I can go on to do that one day. Over the length of the contract, I could've made a lot more money down south, but I'm still on a very good wage for a footballer and making a good living. Choosing between two clubs is meant to be a good time in your career, but it wasn't for me. I found it very stressful and I had to get it sorted out quickly - there is no way I could have left it to the end of the season.

"(Leicester manager) Craig Levein was really good throughout the whole thing, he told me that he wanted me right at the start and then left it for me to decide. (Dundee manager) Jim Duffy did that too and, after speaking to him I was swayed. I have become a Scotland international and played in some big games for Dundee, so I saw no reason to change that. I am more than happy to be staying here for the next two years and, while I know Dundee have been going through a rough patch, it's at times like this you need your better players. We've still got plenty of quality with boys like Barry Smith, Iain Anderson, Fabian Caballero and Tom McManus."

http://www.footballrumours.info/article.php?artid=5811

Sounds like he spoke to CL, thefore he must have been one of the players he was tryig o get signed for next year, it probably also tells us one of his priorities is a centre back(as if we didnt know).
I personally would wait to see what the transfer kitty is , for next year. Im sure CL's firt choice for a centre back would be Webster(who would also be more likely to fancy coming here).
CL will obviously attempt to bring in the best scottish talent within his capabilities, and it sems Webster is the best centre back(outside the old firm)

dpjfox said:
Sounds like he spoke to CL, thefore he must have been one of the players he was tryig o get signed for next year, it probably also tells us one of his priorities is a centre back(as if we didnt know).
I personally would wait to see what the transfer kitty is , for next year. Im sure CL's firt choice for a centre back would be Webster(who would also be more likely to fancy coming here).
CL will obviously attempt to bring in the best scottish talent within his capabilities, and it sems Webster is the best centre back(outside the old firm)

As CL has been successful with de Vries, I expect him to take other players from the Dutch League. :wink:

Fair play to him.

a footballer with a bit of dignity and loyalty. Take note Mr Savage.

"i want to go to blackburn to be closer to wrexham.....whats that everton the team i supported as a boy want me too, and thats like 150 miles closer to wrexham than blackburn....bbbbbb-bbbb-bbut my nans ill in preston too, and i want to be near her...bye"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669