Post Match Legia Warsaw 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't shake off the feeling that the season is pretty much gone already. We just look awful in every game & I can't explain why.

Essentially we're just ****ed.

& our most important players in both defence & attack are in their mid 30s. One of them unlikely to play more than 60% of games.

Our best midfielder & only world class player will be off & gone in 9 months.

Our summer signings are 2 "for the future" types, a last minute emergency cover & a loan due to other targets not coming off.

We are a team & , horrifyingly, a club, that seems to have got it all wrong. We're looking like a team trying to struggle through to the end of the season & the ****ing clocks don't go back for another month yet !!

Too many things to talk about in that game, but think about the fact that the Manager watched that and didn’t think there was a need to change a single thing until 67 minutes had passed

Extraordinary, really

How this keeps happening is unfathomable. You think one of Schmeichel himself, or the manager, or one of the numerous coaches we employ would see what we see every single game. AND STOP ****ING DOING IT.
Maybe they do. & maybe he just ignores them.

He's very matey with the owner apparently lets not forget. I think he knows nobody is going to drop him unless his entire game goes to shit & even then he'd be given loads of time to put it right as there is zero competition for his place.

He can basically mark time here til he's 40 & I'm sure he knows it.

Too many things to talk about in that game, but think about the fact that the Manager watched that and didn’t think there was a need to change a single thing until 67 minutes had passed

Extraordinary, really

It's all planned in advance. Thats the only explanation for changes he makes. We've pretty much used the league and euro cup as pre season games so far.

Doesn't matter we are going nowhere in this tournament.

What's the plan do you reckon? Last 2 seasons have been about winning a cup. This one it's certainly not the league and it's not the euro cup. Fa cup? League cup? Getting sacked and not competing for any cup at spurs?

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers: "It has been a privilege to play here. This is a precious victory for Legia and congratulations to them. We are disappointed because I think we deserved more.

"In the first half we were too passive. In the second it was better, we created more chances. From 60 minutes we started to make chances, we dominated the game, but their goalkeeper played well and we weren't clinical enough. There's still a long way to go."

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers: "It has been a privilege to play here. This is a precious victory for Legia and congratulations to them. We are disappointed because I think we deserved more.

"In the first half we were too passive. In the second it was better, we created more chances. From 60 minutes we started to make chances, we dominated the game, but their goalkeeper played well and we weren't clinical enough. There's still a long way to go."

Deluded twat

It feels like Rodgers is so terrified of being counter attacked, he daren’t do any attacking. Then we go behind and are chasing the game. The irony then is that we push men forward, create very little because the opposition is defending so much, and we get counter attacked anyway. Grow some bollocks in the first half of games Brendan ffs.

I'm so glad i can't justify forking out for these European trips. Imagine taking time off, spending a small fortune to go over there and see the manager treat this competition like the paint trophy.
And as a result we'll end up in the european equivalent of the paint trophy... if we're lucky!

wibbbbbbblllleeee

Oh, so he really doesn't give a rat's arse about this competition. Is he going to try and do well in anything?

We did not take the game seriously. Any game in which Vardy and Barnes are on the bench is not being taken seriously, When Evans is not playing Mr Rodgers should be reluctant to play youngsters.
Daka deserves time to adapt and this may be a season to soon for him. The same may be true of Dewsbury Gall. . However, I have severe doubts about Perez.

We did not take the game seriously. Any game in which Vardy and Barnes are on the bench is not being taken seriously, When Evans is not playing Mr Rodgers should be reluctant to play youngsters.
Daka deserves time to adapt and this may be a season to soon for him. The same may be true of Dewsbury Gall. . However, I have severe doubts about Perez.
Perez squandered too many chances and he is not up to standard.

Missed the whole thing as I was working late. Looking at the team sheet it appears Rodgers was too fussed about the outcome. The whole team selection was uninspiring.

As for writing off players, it is far too early. Let's judge when our good players find some form and provide some actual support.

Like Vardy missing the early chance against Burnley, Perez missing the chance from the corner, if both had been scored, things would be so different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263