Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 2 EFL Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well none of the second string will be troubling the first team after that.

That was ****ing awful

Truly embarrassingly ****ing awful

Awful. Not bothered about the result, but shows the need for more quality depth.

Maddison did alright though, looking forward to having him back in the first team.

We're out, but nevermind.

We did not need any additional games. 11 changes and a disjointed shitefest. We finished knowing what we already knew - the majority of those players are not good enough for the first team. Now to sell a good number of them.

Not too bothered about the result but bothered about the performance.

A chance for squad players to show their worth. Too many poor performances.

That Perez miss.....

I think Brendan got what he wanted from the result, and to be fair we aren't ever likely to play all of those players together normally.

But was disappointing was that none of the attacking players looked like offering anything.

Maddison aside, not one of those players are anywhere near good enough for us.

Morgan and Fuchs are two old men playing on memory.

Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall are nowhere near ready and need loans.

The rest - Ward, Amartey, Choudhury, Gray, Iheanacho, Albrighton - just a waste of a wage. All need moving on because they don't challenge for a starting position under any circumstances.

We're letting BR down by not giving him a squad to work with.

A few things:

Quite clear to me that Ward isn’t any kind of long term answer. What a strange signing.

Of that side, the only one I’d be remotely comfortable having a stretch in the first team is Nacho...and he was possibly the worst player on the pitch.

We are desperately short of defensive options.

Glad we are out, honestly.

Stringer and Piper overall unimpressed, very few positives as far as they’re concerned. Stringer especially unimpressed with Maddison’s handshakes with the Arsenal players afterwards, and he appears to believe Danny Ward is shite.

I’m bored of this now.

you listened to Stringer?

Commentate on that game?

**** me. Life’s too short.
In fairness, he only commentated on about half of it. I have no idea why, but Owynn Palmer-Atkin (I think) did the first quarter, and I discovered he’s somehow worse than Stringer. Some bloke called Patrick (possibly?) did the third quarter.

Pathetic.

Zero strength in depth, yet we now have a European competition to play in. Dear god...

And who in their right mind paid £12m for that chubbster Ward in goal?

I thought Big Wes' had his best game for a while and Albrighton worked his socks off. The problem we had seemed to be up front. Nacho is not a target man and doesn't have the speed to 'do a Vardy'. He looked lazy and disinterested.

Poor old Demari Grey needs to go; either permanently, or a season's loan to the Championship and Perez didn't cover himself in glory (I think I'd have scored that header - and I'm an overweight 65 year old!)

Dewsbury-Hall isn't quite ready, but playing against a fairly strong Arsenal will have taught him no end.

It wasn't great, but NOT all doom and gloom!

the real problem we've had is Slimani, Ghezzal, Diabate, Silva tying up wages and Benkovic being signed for a big fee and never kicking on.

its ok to have 3 or 4 aging stars (albrighton, morgan, fuchs) on the books and some rising stars, (hall, thomas) but we've spent upwards of £80m on duds that we cant shift for good fees and we have others (Gray, Amartey, Choudhury, James) that just arent good enough.
all of this leaves us 5 short of a really challenging squad.
hopefully we can finally shift out diabate, ghezzal, silva and slimani. get rid of Gray and Amartey and bring in 3 or 4 players.

all in the next week or so.

In fairness, he only commentated on about half of it. I have no idea why, but Owynn Palmer-Atkin (I think) did the first quarter, and I discovered he’s somehow worse than Stringer. Some bloke called Patrick (possibly?) did the third quarter.
Patrick is one of Owynns many names and Tom from Kasbian referred to him as Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263