Post Match Leicester 0 Aston Villa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the teams we’d have considered to be Senior League teams no longer play in it anyway these days. The United Counties League is full of them now.

Happy memories of FLOB rising without trace, when they rented a corner of the cricket club ground near where I lived to play their first season in SL Div 2. They were winning every game by at least five or more goals, and the crowds kept growing, at a guess to a thousand and more. The groundsman, Vic Munden (old Leics CC player) was apoplectic trying to keep the oiks off his precious ("better than Grace Road") square with various "Get orff my land" outbursts. Always puzzled that AFAIK none of the players ever stepped up to NPL, Southern League or better. Saw a similar thing ten years later with Shepshed Charterhouse.

Happy memories of FLOB rising without trace, when they rented a corner of the cricket club ground near where I lived to play their first season in SL Div 2. They were winning every game by at least five or more goals, and the crowds kept growing, at a guess to a thousand and more. The groundsman, Vic Munden (old Leics CC player) was apoplectic trying to keep the oiks off his precious ("better than Grace Road") square with various "Get orff my land" outbursts. Always puzzled that AFAIK none of the players ever stepped up to NPL, Southern League or better. Saw a similar thing ten years later with Shepshed Charterhouse.
I used to go over there watching my dad play for Melton Town, although this would have been in the 80s, so at their current ground I suspect. I remember being bitten there by a chicken that was in one of the neighbouring gardens once :icon lol:

Later, when I played in the SL, I played a lot there for Holwell. I also played at Shepshed, albeit they were called Shepshed Dynamo by then, which was about '94, in the FA Vase. It was good fun, with a big crowd, lots of abuse from the locals, and we won 3-2 with two very late goals, having been 2-0 down. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757