Post Match Leicester 0 Aston Villa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost me in project restart. We had enough to get over the line. It was almost harder to manage us into a position where we ****ed it... and yet.

I think Mendy had been booked? Listening to Brendan on radio Leicester after the game you feel like he was having a bit of a swipe at Choudhury in a roundabout way.
Hopefully he’s having a swipe at him in a much more direct way in the dressing room.

The situation is evident now. The squad we have would have coped with the addition of European football if we had no injuries. We always knew we struggle if Vardy gets a knock but Kelechi does have quality when supplied.

Last night's team was based on 5-6 key players being out but we haven't got to scraping the barrel yet with Gray but I think we already have scraped it.

Slimani looked unfit and confirms the memory he is useless unless he heads the ball.

Barnes and Mendy looked tired.

Hamza looked surprised he was playing football and Maddison gave him his thoughts when he drilled a ball at his body.

Why isnt Albrighton getting a game? At least he'd do more than Perez. Perez is just picking up his pay packet and not providing anything.

On a positive note, I thought the defence was pretty solid which I expected with that line up. But Evans is struggling with knocks and you know that scrapes the barrel once more with King Big Wes I....

I honestly don't know how people can be turning on Brendan again already after what we've seen this season...

We've started the season well and played well in the first three games. Then we had a shocker against West Ham, fine. But today's first half wasn't bad, it was a poor second half. But we only lost due to bad positioning/loss of concentration from Hamza.

We are currently without:
Our best 2 defenders
Our best 2 midfielders
Our best (and only good) striker

That's never going to be easy.

I think this season is already showing exactly what went wrong after the restart for us. With our best XI, we've got a very good team. But the depth beyond that is shockingly thin. We have one or two who can come in (Praet, Mendy on current form, and now hopefully Fofana, maybe Ünder when he's ready) but other than that we have very few options and it's immediately noticeable.

The lack of a decent other striker is most noticeable. But I don't think that can be blamed on Rodgers.

The situation is evident now. The squad we have would have coped with the addition of European football if we had no injuries. We always knew we struggle if Vardy gets a knock but Kelechi does have quality when supplied.

Last night's team was based on 5-6 key players being out but we haven't got to scraping the barrel yet with Gray but I think we already have scraped it.

Slimani looked unfit and confirms the memory he is useless unless he heads the ball.

Barnes and Mendy looked tired.

Hamza looked surprised he was playing football and Maddison gave him his thoughts when he drilled a ball at his body.

Why isnt Albrighton getting a game? At least he'd do more than Perez. Perez is just picking up his pay packet and not providing anything.

On a positive note, I thought the defence was pretty solid which I expected with that line up. But Evans is struggling with knocks and you know that scrapes the barrel once more with King Big Wes I....
Have to agree re Albrighton. He is one of few players who actually add energy to the team. Never gives up.... and has the ability to provide a quality cross

I honestly don't know how people can be turning on Brendan again already after what we've seen this season...

We've started the season well and played well in the first three games. Then we had a shocker against West Ham, fine. But today's first half wasn't bad, it was a poor second half. But we only lost due to bad positioning/loss of concentration from Hamza.

Our best 2 defenders
Our best 2 midfielders

I think this season is already showing exactly what went wrong after the restart for us. With our best XI, we've got a very good team. But the depth beyond that is shockingly thin. We have one or two who can come in (Praet, Mendy on current form, and now hopefully Fofana, maybe Ünder when he's ready) but other than that we have very few options and it's immediately noticeable.

The lack of a decent other striker is most noticeable. But I don't think that can be blamed on Rodgers.

BR has now had three transfer windows to get his squad balance right. If he is missing options, it's his own fault.

He is also in charge of managing his playing staff. For example, he determines the fact that all our training sessions are high intensity. He decides how hard to push his squad.

He also decides the formation and tactical approach. And substitutions.

He's made lots of good decisions as our manager but he's also made some shocking calls in all these areas.

Not wishing to be a pendant here, but the game was yesterday.

Brendog takes responsibility for the fact that Hmaza was on the pitch in the 1st place.

I can't blame Hmaza for not being very good, I can blame Brendog for putting the ****er in the position where he would lose us the game.

Like many opposing supporters, I shout at the screen when watching Grealish collapse to the ground twenty times a game. However, you have to admit, he is twice the player that Maddison is. This time last year they were considered to be very similar. Grealish has improved and Maddison has regressed.

Grealish is an all round players. He influences Villa's play all over the pitch as he goes looking for the ball and makes things happen.

Madders is nowhere near as good on an overall level and unless the ball is spending a lot of time in his areas then he influences the game a lot less.

Like many opposing supporters, I shout at the screen when watching Grealish collapse to the ground twenty times a game. However, you have to admit, he is twice the player that Maddison is. This time last year they were considered to be very similar. Grealish has improved and Maddison has regressed.

Ok not saying you’re wrong but can we talk about why he looks like a 51-year-old meth addict at 1:10

Two years ago, I was of the opinion he was overrated and set to self destruct. I understand that John Terry has worked very closely with him on his overall attitude and has helped mature him as a player and personally.

Also, didn't see anything much made of the Craig Shakespeare now being Villa's assistant manager. Some of the Villa fans I know think he's had a big impact on the way the team is playing.

Two years ago, I was of the opinion he was overrated and set to self destruct. I understand that John Terry has worked very closely with him on his overall attitude and has helped mature him as a player and personally.

Also, didn't see anything much made of the Craig Shakespeare now being Villa's assistant manager. Some of the Villa fans I know think he's had a big impact on the way the team is playing.
Stringer mentioned it. Stringer > Sky

Leeds look really good. I know it has nothing to do with this thread. They just look good. In 9 minutes of the game I have watched against Wolves they have shown so much threat. When did we lose that? We used to really go for it straight out of the box.

missing ndidi, pereira, soyuncu, maddison, vardy. Just the quarter billion quids worth of our 5 best players. Take fabinho, trent, van dijk, Firmino, Mane out of liverpool team and see what happens.

castagne, fofana, evans, praet looked decent. rest struggled.

need vardy back and for under, maddison, barnes to click.

Our best 2 defenders
Our best 2 midfielders

We played well in the second half against West Brom. Against a better team we would likely have been losing at half time. We played well offensively against Burnley, after a poor start, but gave up so many chances that a better team could easily have matched our four goals. We have played well for the majority of the 90 mins in one game this season.

Three of our back four are very inexperienced at Premier League level and whoever recruited them deserves credit. They generally played well as did the Villa defence. The problem was that our attack lacked quality. Vardy was missing and Maddison played less than half the game and is perhaps not yet match fit. Tielemans is a fine player but more than most he needs good players around him. The match was heading fir a forgettable draw when we had the first moment of attacking quality - sadly it came from Villa.

I have lost patience with Kalechi. He reminds me of Neville Chamberlain and (with one slight change) the words of Mr Leo Amory in 1940 "You have played here too long for any good you are doing. In the name of God go."

He is a very, very good player and like two others of the same quality I can think of will be wasted at International level where they should have been one of first names on the teamsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757