Post Match Leicester 0 Aston Villa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish was top quality. Last season I didn't really see what the fuss was about but he's constantly getting better. The one thing I would say is that he's a bit ball greedy, he can probably get away with that more at Villa where he is the main man but might explain why he's not getting a look in with England at the minute. Won't be long before a big money move is on the cards...

I was 'watching' on teletext* (or whatever you'd call the modern day equivalent) and only tuned in (or whatever one does with live streams) for the last 5 minutes. Pissed off? Me??

(*Why? Because I thought we were on for a tonking and not even the draw of watching new boy Fofana was enough to overcome that belief. I cope with losing much better if I only read about it)

Grealish is a great player. He has been for years. Why this should be a surprise to anyone given his last few seasons is beyond me.

he also commits obstruction fouls constantly yet gets the fouls given to him, he doesn't shield the ball he steps away from the ball and out of playing distance but refs constantly ignore this

he also commits obstruction fouls constantly yet gets the fouls given to him, he doesn't shield the ball he steps away from the ball and out of playing distance but refs constantly ignore this
Is it his fault that he keeps getting away with it? Surely that is on the refs. He'll keep doing that until he can't.

Yet we’ve just let Benkovic go out on loan. Baffling.
Nothing baffling about it really. Just another in a long line of players who play impressively in that unfunny joke of a league North of the border & then demonstrate to all & sundry that they're nowhere near good enough for actual football.
The vast majority of SPL players would struggle to hold down a place in a L1 side.

.... were far too good for the Senior League at the end of the 1960s.

Anyway, where was the school on Friar Lane they were Old Boys of?
Most of the teams we’d have considered to be Senior League teams no longer play in it anyway these days. The United Counties League is full of them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263