Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was chatting to some Chelsea fans in the Parcel Yard, on the way back. They were pretty sound, to be fair and felt similar to us about the game.

Boring shitefest

Terrible match between two teams that looked tired and in need of a holiday.

I think that it was pretty clear from the after match interview from Rodgers that not all the players we want to keep are going to be here in August. He spoke of one or two players that may want to leave and how that will dictate their future. Bye Harry!

Nice to see Shinji and Danny get a few minutes. Two special players that will forever be legends of our great club. Good luck to you both.

Rodgers quite pragmatic rather than resigned in the post match. He wasn’t saying Maguire and Chilwell will leave, moreover that their is a hierarchy in football and if players want to pursue it you are better off letting them leave. The fact he said he is quite relaxed about it tells me he knows exactly where he will be looking to strengthen, plans in place to execute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodgers quite pragmatic rather than resigned in the post match. He wasn’t saying Maguire and Chilwell will leave, moreover that their is a hierarchy in football and if players want to pursue it you are better off letting them leave. The fact he said he is quite relaxed about it tells me he knows exactly where he will be looking to strengthen, plans in place to execute.
Maguire is an eye catching player but seeing him play next to Evans and comparing them is a real eye opener in terms how a defender can be tough yet immaculate. Evans has had a superb second half of the season and if we can find someone as classy as him I think we’ll have a better centre half pairing than 80% of the league next season.

Chilwell lacks the spark that Ricardo has, I seldom see anything which makes Chilwell an outstanding player as opposed to a very good left back. He doesn’t contribute much in the final third at all, while he had no problem getting into good positions he often passes inside and when he does cross the ball it’s safe and along the floor. If a Champions League club come in for him it would have to be as a project rather than a ready made first teamer in my opinion. I don’t know if Man City play with attacking wing backs still because I don’t watch their games.

If either of them leave it’ll be Maguire and while I love the bloke, with his massive heart and head, I envisage him absolutely flopping at a floundering Manchester United. He’d be better off here learning from Morgan and Evans for another year, as would Chilwell.

Maguire is an eye catching player but seeing him play next to Evans and comparing them is a real eye opener in terms how a defender can be tough yet immaculate. Evans has had a superb second half of the season and if we can find someone as classy as him I think we’ll have a better centre half pairing than 80% of the league next season.

Chilwell lacks the spark that Ricardo has, I seldom see anything which makes Chilwell an outstanding player as opposed to a very good left back. He doesn’t contribute much in the final third at all, while he had no problem getting into good positions he often passes inside and when he does cross the ball it’s safe and along the floor. If a Champions League club come in for him it would have to be as a project rather than a ready made first teamer in my opinion. I don’t know if Man City play with attacking wing backs still because I don’t watch their games.

If either of them leave it’ll be Maguire and while I love the bloke, with his massive heart and head, I envisage him absolutely flopping at a floundering Manchester United. He’d be better off here learning from Morgan and Evans for another year, as would Chilwell.

Agree with your comments regarding Maguire. A wonderful footballer but he’sgot an error in him and it will be a very difficult slog at Man U next year. Could easily see it going sideways. We all know they’ll have at least 2 managers and their problems extend far beyond players.

United are becoming a place that destroys players careers, confidence and reputation. I would absolutely avoid it.

If Man City or Liverpool came in I’d be off in a shot. Not sure I would be too fussed otherwise. But then, I’m not a footballer.

I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious he is on his way.

It would be a real shame to start next season without Maguire or Tielemans. Very possible though.

Agree with your comments regarding Maguire. A wonderful footballer but he’sgot an error in him and it will be a very difficult slog at Man U next year. Could easily see it going sideways. We all know they’ll have at least 2 managers and their problems extend far beyond players.

United are becoming a place that destroys players careers, confidence and reputation. I would absolutely avoid it.

If Man City or Liverpool came in I’d be off in a shot. Not sure I would be too fussed otherwise. But then, I’m not a footballer.

I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious he is on his way.

It would be a real shame to start next season without Maguire or Tielemans. Very possible though.
There’s other players out there, I think we can still challenge the top six with more experienced players than Maguire and Tielemans even if they are very talented.

It was
Blue, pink and grey got free City shirts
My white one is a ten quid voucher for the shop
Yellow ones count for nowt

Some evil bastard adult at the front of SK3/4 grabbed a yellow ball out of the hands of a young kid. The adult grinned like a ****ing cheshire cat and the kid looked crestfallen. Oh what joy when leaving the stadium to hear the yellow balls were worthless!

Also, Maddison and some of the players parents took a supply of yellow balls for themselves at the Kop end. Didn't see what happened after, they may have thrown them to the crowd further on, but if not, worthless balls for them too :)

Have to say that the scramble to grab them was a less than edifying sight...

Have to say that the scramble to grab them was a less than edifying sight...

Okay, I can't help myself. I'm going to say what I thought about a few things yesterday.

I find the whole sight of billionaires and multi-millionaires giving out shirts or tennis balls and the odd free ticket to the paupers distasteful. Especially when it is backed by another sycophantic display with the main screen, the advertising boards, holding up pictures, etc all advertising adulation towards the new King. The tannoy man even had to read a script about it for fecks sake.

I remember as a kid going to see the Queen open something in Leicester and standing there for hours in the rain for a few seconds waving a flag, along with the rest of my school. Even at that age, something felt wrong about it. I'm no royalist in my own country, let alone somewhere on the other side of the world.

Top and family own the football club, but using it to further their own cultural bollocks isn't for me. I do appreciate that there is a dictatorship in their home country which requires them to behave in bizarre ways but that's got nothing to do with me. By all means, cut the ticket prices or offer subsidised travel etc. That's outstanding ownership. But some of these things are just for show to fit a political agenda and it's not something I think that we should be comfortable with.

Fecking scrambling for tennis balls or clapping a message about a 'King' is pretty lame. People should have some self-respect.

There are lots of things I don’t like in the modern world. Some of them really annoy me, some of them just make me shrug my shoulders and move on. If I let everything that I didn’t like bother me greatly, then I’d probably spend less time enjoying things, so I try to just let things like this pass me by, so that I can fully enjoy the aspects that I do like.

My 6 year old couldn’t have given two hoots about a free season ticket, but he’d probably have really liked to have had a yellow ball.

[QUOTE="tedfoxxx, post: 1353909, member: 2591”]
Chilwell lacks the spark that Ricardo has, I seldom see anything which makes Chilwell an outstanding player as opposed to a very good left back. He doesn’t contribute much in the final third at all, while he had no problem getting into good positions he often passes inside and when he does cross the ball it’s safe and along the floor
[/QUOTE]

For what it’s worth, most chances created by defenders this season:

Digne (Everton) 71
Robertson (Liv) 51
Trippier (Spurs) 49
Alexander-Arnold (Liv) 48
Chilwell 45

Mind you, given that Digne is so far ahead on here of two of the most prolific full-back suppliers of goals that I’ve ever seen, it might say more about what constitutes a “chance”

Chance is very subjective. I mean, the ball falling to say, Messi, anywhere on the pitch would probably constitute a chance, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757