Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** me, I can accept being outclassed but outworked?

If we s don’t have the players to play out from the back why do we keep doing the ****er?

How ****ing poor is our “marking” from set plays?

Why don’t we track back?

Simple ****ing questions, that need fixing immediately.

Bored shitless again. Passive football, idiotic defending, clueless going forward.

Ndidi was diabolical. I hope something is wrong with him because I've never seen him that poor.

Only Castagne put a shift in. The rest were garbage. My patience has gone with Lookman. He has nothing to offer us and is yet another waste of space on the right.

BR has a major problem on his hands now. We're not just off form. The players don't look like they believe in what he's asking of them. They're not fit. They're characterless.

The lack of coaching and basic preparation for opponents is unacceptable. I wish a journalist had the guts to challenge our manager or players on some of these things.

But let's be honest...they are Championship/bottom end Prem players.

And the manager agrees.....
"We're a team that in the last couple of seasons has overachieved."

And the manager agrees.....
"We're a team that in the last couple of seasons has overachieved."
That’s probably true, but he shouldn’t be trying to dampen ambition by using that as an excuse. Our owners are expecting European football, not a mid table scrap.

Today marked our 20th goal conceded from a set piece since the start of last season. Worst in the league. & yet he persists with this ****ing bullshit zonal marking crap. Almost a season & a half of something patently not working & he refuses to change it. Sorry but top management is about adapting to circumstances, in any profession not just football.

That’s probably true, but he shouldn’t be trying to dampen ambition by using that as an excuse. Our owners are expecting European football, not a mid table scrap.
We're actually still over achieving. On all the measurable metrics we're bottom 6, which is exactly where we would be if we hadn't got lucky against Wolves on the opening day

I can now see why our players look like they've had the confidence kicked out of them after winning the cup.

I bet our better players are gagging to sign new deals.

Rodgers post-match reaction to BT Sport:

Rodgers said: “It was very disappointing. I think I have a sense of perspective of where this team has come from over the last couple of years.
“We have totally over-achieved, not just arriving in the top six but challenging teams which are way above us in terms of budget.
“Of course we are not at our level of confidence but to hear that
[the booing] at half-time was disappointing, especially against a team of Chelsea’s level.
“We always respect the supporters’ feelings, but I also have a sense of perspective.”

Rodgers said: “We lacked that belief, especially in the first half. Going behind early on obviously gives them confidence to play at the level they can, because they’re a very, very good team.
“We are a team with the ninth-biggest budget in the league and have been able to get in there and disrupt the market. It has brought us more games to contend with, coming into that third season, but you wouldn’t change it.
“We have had a great run. It’s a period now where it is my responsibility to lead us through it and I am very confident I can, but on this day we were beaten by a better team.
“We are honest enough to say that, and we have to take our medicine and look to the next match now
.”

Asked about the reports about his future, Rodgers said: “It is something that is not real. I spoke to the players about it and it had nothing to do with that.”

Rodgers post-match reaction to BT Sport:

Rodgers said: “It was very disappointing. I think I have a sense of perspective of where this team has come from over the last couple of years.
“We have totally over-achieved, not just arriving in the top six but challenging teams which are way above us in terms of budget.
“Of course we are not at our level of confidence but to hear that
[the booing] at half-time was disappointing, especially against a team of Chelsea’s level.
“We always respect the supporters’ feelings, but I also have a sense of perspective.”

Rodgers said: “We lacked that belief, especially in the first half. Going behind early on obviously gives them confidence to play at the level they can, because they’re a very, very good team.
“We are a team with the ninth-biggest budget in the league and have been able to get in there and disrupt the market. It has brought us more games to contend with, coming into that third season, but you wouldn’t change it.
“We have had a great run. It’s a period now where it is my responsibility to lead us through it and I am very confident I can, but on this day we were beaten by a better team.
“We are honest enough to say that, and we have to take our medicine and look to the next match now
.”

Asked about the reports about his future, Rodgers said: “It is something that is not real. I spoke to the players about it and it had nothing to do with that.”
Some baffling comments.

We have totally over-achieved.

We lacked that belief.

We have had a great run. It’s a period now where it is my responsibility to lead us through it.

What the ****!

I think the criticism of the fans is way OTT. I think that is the first booing I have heard this season after an awful final third of last season along with the same for this third.

In effect for the thick end of 30 games the fans have been patient and quiet and not booed. We are all frustrated that BR can’t see the ****ing obvious problems week in, and week out. Zonal defending, tip-tap along the back inviting pressure onto ourselves, incorrect selections and set up of the same, and the worst of the lot - complacency.

He needs a kick up the ****ing arse.

Those comments from Brendan are simply not good enough. I can’t imagine that Top is reading that thinking “he’s right, that’s it we are done, back to midtable mediocrity for us”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757