Post Match Leicester 0 Fulham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Fulham. Proper old school shithousery. Dirty diving feckers. Played for each other. The team was better than the sum of its parts.

If only we had a tiny amount of that mentality.

but when Soumare went off Rodgers completely changed the shape with Perez becoming a second striker and no ****er knew what was going on for the rest of the first half.

Oh and all of the players looked completely ****ing knackered.
The system stayed the same. Albrighton went right wing and Perez went into attacking mid (where Youri had been playing). Seemed perfectly sensible to me.

The players looked knackered though.

We don't play to Vardy's strengths. I think he has something to offer though evidently not as much as last season and before. 1 goal in 17 appearances (albeit many off the bench) vs 15 in goals in 25 last season all of a sudden? I don't buy it that Vardy is over from May 2022 to August 2022.
Precisely. 15 in 25 last season and people think he is physically incapable after an 8 week break. It's nonsense. He's being managed incredibly poorly and we saw exactly the same stagnation of him under Puel where he looked like he does now; a shadow of himself.

We aren't playing to his strengths hence he's getting about 7 touches of the ball a game. This is the root cause of our problems. We need a new manager and coaching team to go back to using him properly. He's adapted his game well to suit his falling pace; we saw that last season. He's just not getting anything from our completely pedestrian midfield. Maddison and Vardy together needs to be the aim. We've not seen enough of that this season which means Vardy is trying to play off the shoulder whilst Soumare and Ndidi **** around with the ball at walking pace.

He's still our most potent weapon, we're just not giving him any ammunition.

Most entertaining bit of the match for me was watching Youri shepherding Willian off the pitch when he was subbed.

I thought the 30k attendance was a bit optimistic.

Looked like there were lots of empty seats in the family stand, kop and West - not to mention the empty seats in Fulham's end.

I thought the 30k attendance was a bit optimistic.

Looked like there were lots of empty seats in the family stand, kop and West - not to mention the empty seats in Fulham's end.
We’re literally 12 or more immediately around me in the family stand. Looked empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757