Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

A good performance across the board for me but another loss. Perhaps Man City didn't really have to get out of 2nd gear?

Re: Leicester vs. Man City

Oh and we should have had a blatant penalty. Never mind eh. :(

A pretty good performance against a slightly under-par Man. City. A draw would have been a fair result considering the way both teams played.

Auntie beeb shows us as having 2 teams in the premiership:038:

Only problem is they´re in 19th and 20th place:icon_sad:

LCFC just put 289 e-mails about the lotteri in my inbox.

Very off-topic, but also very annoying.

I'd like to see us try out more or less the same formation and lineup against weaker teams. We might actually achieve something then.

I'd definitely like to see Simpson get a run in the team.

Credit where it's due, I thought the selection and formation was spot on when I heard it before the game.

I thought Hamer was very good and commanded his area more effectively than Schmeichel. Simpson was also a breath of fresh air at right back. Cambiasso did well. Vardy played well first half an hour. Mahrez was a threat. Schlupp was our most effective player.

The goal was the latest in a long line of us conceding because we did not mark properly in the area.

The main complaint I have today is the terrible changes to our formation to accommodate the substitutions which completely stunted our performance in the last quarter. No problem with bringing on the three that came on but our formation was working pretty well and taking our best player off and changing the formation effectively handed the match to Man City.

Man City were shaky at the back and vulnerable today. They looked like they only wanted to exert the minimum into the game and we had a real opportunity for at least a point.

PS - I chose to cheer today rather than boo because that's what the team deserved today.

Last edited:

Credit where it's due, I thought the selection and formation was spot on when I heard it before the game.

I thought Hamer was very good and commanded his area more effectively than Schmeichel. Simpson was also a breath of fresh air at right back. Cambiasso did well. Vardy played well first half an hour. Mahrez was a threat. Schlupp was our most effective player.

The goal was the latest in a long line of us conceding because we did not mark properly in the area.

The main complaint I have today is the terrible changes to our formation to accommodate the substitutions which completely stunted our performance in the last quarter. No problem with bringing on the three that came on but our formation was working pretty well and taking our best player off and changing the formation effectively handed the match to Man City.

Man City were shaky at the back and vulnerable today. They looked like they only wanted to exert the minimum into the game and we had a real opportunity for at least a point.

PS - I chose to cheer today rather than boo because that's what the team deserved today.
Fecking hell we must have done alright today..

Thought it was pretty good today. Shame about the goal, sloppy marking and I don't think Morgan should have kept backing off and backing off allowing Nasri closer to our goal, but hey ho.

Mahrez was excellent, he always seems to be the one to me who has any idea how to cause the opposition problems. Vardy runs his heart out and had a good start but just doesn't have the quality to score enough goals at this level. Ulloa is the only striker we have that is capable unfortunately.

The midfield trio of King, Cambiasso and Drinkwater worked really well and didn't allow Silva the space in behind them and in front of our back 4.

Substitutes killed it for our hopes though. Powell was completely hopeless again, I don't know how he gets on the bench let alone on the pitch. Knocky looked ok, Ulloa spent most of his time giving away free kicks.

Thought we looked more solid today and hoping to see more of the same in games to come. I think with the likes of Vardy, Ulloa, Schlupp and Mahrez we have plenty in the side to cause problems, while setting up like we did today in a more solid shape.

Cant be arsed to go into detail but ****ing gutted after that. More than deserved a result there.

Shitty ****ers

Was delayed getting back to the car. Did Nige have anything different or new to say today or more of the same?

As far as I'm aware he didn't speak to Stringer.

I thought Drinkwater was fantastic today. Powell did nothing when he came on, not sure how he warrants a place on the bench ahead of Nugent and Albrighton.

Powell was completely hopeless again, I don't know how he gets on the bench let alone on the pitch.

Powell did nothing when he came on, not sure how he warrants a place on the bench ahead of Nugent and Albrighton.

These comments are very harsh. Powell offers something no other player does because he links the midfield and attack. We've never used him in this position and throwing him on late up front in a confused formation is doing him no good at all.

Just like several other players, his lack of involvement in the team is hardly going to lead to him being fit enough or adjusted to the pace of the game. I'd play him in the role King had today (who did it very badly) and give him a run of five matches there before judging him. Otherwise, what's the point of his being here?

Last edited:

LCFC just put 289 e-mails about the lotteri in my inbox.

Very off-topic, but also very annoying.
Correction; it was only 288. No reason to be annoyed after all.

Correction; it was only 288. No reason to be annoyed after all.

Pearson forgot to send the last email, booooooo!

These comments are very harsh. Powell offers something no other player does because he links the midfield and attack. We've never used him in this position and throwing him on late up front in a confused formation is doing him no good at all.

Just like several other players, his lack of involvement in the team is hardly going to lead to him being fit enough or adjusted to the pace of the game. I'd play him in the role King had today (who did it very badly) and give him a run of five matches there before judging him. Otherwise, what's the point of his being here?

Powell has done absolutely nothing since he's been here, every time he has come on he looks out of his depth and like he doesn't really know what he is doing. Every time he gets the ball he looks like he can't wait to get rid of it, as opposed to actually keeping his calm and passing it or taking a man on.

If he came on and looked bright, actually tried things that weren't quite working on the day, I might have a different viewpoint. I have seen nothing from him to warrant me changing my opinion from when I first saw him.

IMO to warrant a run of starts he needs to show he has something to offer coming on from the bench, which he hasn't in any of his appearances so far. I would suggest Knocky offered far more in his cameo than Powell today.

Powell has done absolutely nothing since he's been here, every time he has come on he looks out of his depth and like he doesn't really know what he is doing. Every time he gets the ball he looks like he can't wait to get rid of it, as opposed to actually keeping his calm and passing it or taking a man on.

If he came on and looked bright, actually tried things that weren't quite working on the day, I might have a different viewpoint. I have seen nothing from him to warrant me changing my opinion from when I first saw him.

IMO to warrant a run of starts he needs to show he has something to offer coming on from the bench, which he hasn't in any of his appearances so far. I would suggest Knocky offered far more in his cameo than Powell today.

I think this is harsh. The guy has hardly been on the pitch.

I think this is harsh. The guy has hardly been on the pitch.

I'm not saying let's never give the kid a chance again, I'm saying he hasn't offered or shown anything so far to warrant the run of games BN mentioned.

Nor am I saying, I don't think he's capable of offering something different to the side in the future. But to get the run of games that he needs, he needs to look like he can make a difference coming off the bench and I am yet to see him offer anything of the sort. He lacks a lot of composure and fundamentals for me.

I don't think I am being unfair there at all.

I thought our goalkeeper did well. although I could not stop myself thinking "So it is true. Rasputin never really died."

.Vardy did well as did King. Sinpson deserves to keep his place.

For me Marcin is becoming a legend. He was magnificent. Sadly he was born too late. For those who never saw the Bolton team of the 1950s - think eleven Wasilewskis.

As Kompany came off Marcin said something to him. I wondered for a moment what the word for "Sissy" is in Polish. Then I realised that the Poles do not have any concept of "Sissy."

Well done the fans. We are bottom of the table. We were losing for most of the match. Yet still the fans chanted for Nigel Pearson. Other managers must wish their supporters were that mature and that - well - supportive.

I thought our goalkeeper did well. although I could not stop myself thinking "So it is true. Rasputin never really died."

.Vardy did well as did King. Sinpson deserves to keep his place.

For me Marcin is becoming a legend. He was magnificent. Sadly he was born too late. For those who never saw the Bolton team of the 1950s - think eleven Wasilewskis.

As Kompany came off Marcin said something to him. I wondered for a moment what the word for "Sissy" is in Polish. Then I realised that the Poles do not have any concept of "Sissy."

Well done the fans. We are bottom of the table. We were losing for most of the match. Yet still the fans chanted for Nigel Pearson. Other managers must wish their supporters were that mature and that - well - supportive.

I think Marcin has been pretty good in the last two games. He does give the odd silly free kick away but he is certainly a no nonsense defender. I thought he was easily better than Mangala who looked like a dead man walking - he will not survive at City based upon that performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265