Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down everybody, jeez, what's gotten in to you? Group hug?

You’re right, the absolutely nothing you’ve offered is far more convincing.
If you just isolate (as one example) Amazon ‘failing’ to pay tax in the UK, the responsibility for collecting tax falls under governmental control.
Amazon has paid what it has to, the same as any other business operates. If there are loopholes most businesses use them to their full extent.

unless of course you are suggesting they fail their shareholders and pay monies (under UK law) that is not due?

Just bringing this back to football for a moment - I think Brendan Rodgers should have been a lot stronger in his criticism of the decisions after the match. Radio 5 were reporting on VAR controvicies, but only spoke about Lampard complaining about the possible red card. Nothing about 3 game changing decisions in our match, because BR didn't choose to make a big deal out of them.

It's exactly the same principle as surrounding the ref, it puts pressure on them to get it right.

At the very least, I think he should have been strongly condemning having the same VAR for two games in the same day.

I disagree, FF.
By all means BR mention it, but too many managers come out after a game and bleat on about VAR, some to the point of being a sore loser.
Leave the controversy points to the pundits. [Jamie Redknapp done a good job on this one for us on Saturday].

If you just isolate (as one example) Amazon ‘failing’ to pay tax in the UK, the responsibility for collecting tax falls under governmental control.
Amazon has paid what it has to, the same as any other business operates. If there are loopholes most businesses use them to their full extent.

unless of course you are suggesting they fail their shareholders and pay monies (under UK law) that is not due?
Any idea on how those loopholes are there and remain so?

It seems like you’re making my point for me, I’m not sure whether that’s deliberate.

The Amazon business model is astonishingly successful.

1. Select a product.
2. Loss lead it so you are the cheapest source of the product.
3. Drive competition out of business.
4. Raise price.

They're probably so big now that they could follow this and pay tax but they've only got this big because they've exploited the online/tax advantage

Why isn’t this offside? Genuinely confused

Attachments

• 34FC7A08-C76B-43B9-B736-1E399F1A256E.jpeg
    34FC7A08-C76B-43B9-B736-1E399F1A256E.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 32
Why isn’t this offside? Genuinely confused

Because the technology has only 50 frames per second, there are several frames where the ball is at the foot of the player making the final pass. In this example, if you take an early frame (which they did), Jesus was onside, and if you take a later frame, he's offside. This picture has been circulating as many do in similar scenarios.

This isn't a conspiracy though as we have benefitted from the same rule a couple of times this season, e.g. the disallowed Son goal. I hope they have a scientific method of selecting which frame they use but I don't know if they do. It could just as easily be some twat with his finger on the pause button knowing how the refs are fecking up VAR.

The bottom line is that they have no idea whether he's onside or offside so they pick a frame and go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757