Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controversial but I think I preferred attending PL games when we were a bit shit

Feels like our fans expect us to beat teams like Man City at home now and we've lost that atmosphere of the underdog.

Controversial but I think I preferred attending PL games when we were a bit shit

Feels like our fans expect us to beat teams like Man City at home now and we've lost that atmosphere of the underdog.
It's odd but I know what you mean. Somehow when you're battling against it every good pass, assist and goal means a lot more.
That said maybe our fans need to remember we are rocking 'the system' on a comparatively small budget. And make sure to back them!

It's odd but I know what you mean. Somehow when you're battling against it every good pass, assist and goal means a lot more.
That said maybe our fans need to remember we are rocking 'the system' on a comparatively small budget. And make sure to back them!
Context needed really. Man City signed our best ever player and he wasn’t even involved today.

Man Utd have signed a five time ballon d’or winner, the best young winger in football and a CB from Madrid entering his prime. To partner the bloke they chucked money at us to sign.

Chelsea shelled out 100M for a player they bombed out of their squad a few years ago. They’ve also pumped about 100 million into signing away three of our better players, 2 of which appear to be consigned to the scrap heap.

We can’t be expected to consistently compete with this lot. In fact slowly but surely they’ve chipped away at us season after season, that’s how much we spooked them.

The same clubs claiming poverty just a few months ago as they attempted to implode the entire sport. How quickly we forget.

Yep - remember the times we yearned/prayed for end of season 'mid-table respectability' ?

Context needed really. Man City signed our best ever player and he wasn’t even involved today.

Man Utd have signed a five time ballon d’or winner, the best young winger in football and a CB from Madrid entering his prime. To partner the bloke they chucked money at us to sign.

Chelsea shelled out 100M for a player they bombed out of their squad a few years ago. They’ve also pumped about 100 million into signing away three of our better players, 2 of which appear to be consigned to the scrap heap.

We can’t be expected to consistently compete with this lot. The same clubs claiming poverty just a few months ago as they attempted to implode the entire sport. How quickly we forget.
So much for financial fair play. Not exactly sure why the FFP rules have been relaxed. Surely it only helps the top 4....oooooohhhh

Yep - remember the times we yearned/prayed for end of season 'mid-table respectability' ?
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but I do recall those times even in the championship where your objective seems possible because the teams you are against are on a vaguely even footing.

They say the key to happiness is managing your expectations - if your expectations are to win every game you will be often disappointed and rarely delighted.

What does Iheanacho have to do to get more minutes? Be our top scorer last season? Score the winning goal in the Community Shield?

If I see Maddison starting and Iheanacho not starting the next league match, I will lose my shit.

Maddison needs dropping for a few games.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm but I do recall those times even in the championship where your objective seems possible because the teams you are against are on a vaguely even footing.

They say the key to happiness is managing your expectations - if your expectations are to win every game you will be often disappointed and rarely delighted.
No sarcasm intended, just remembering times when looking at the PL season's schedule and wondering where we could pick up 40 points, or if we could sneak up to mid table without crapping ourselves about the relegation battle being played out below us. In Championship days, my preoccupation was 'have we got enought to make top six?' - that is until Mr Holloway took us to unexpected depths...

As you say, our expectations have changed somewhat since we've proved that the Premeir League title and FA Cup are still dreams, but no longer "impossible dreams"

Spot on, all of it.
I second this. I wish BR would have the bollocks to play form players. There's talk about players taking their chances etc., but what more does Kelechi need to do over the last 9 months to justify being played more? I hope Lookman proves me wrong and shakes shit up. Barnes and Maddison must be dropped if they don't improve then it's on them to work harder and take their chances.

That can’t be. He’s useless, apparently.

Honestly, how is this guy not the first name on the team sheet?

Not only because of that G/A record, but because he constantly improves us so dramatically whenever he comes on for his 15-20 minute cameos this season.

Not only because of that G/A record, but because he constantly improves us so dramatically whenever he comes on for his 15-20 minute cameos this season.
Because you’re not allowed to bring your own Nachos into the stadium anymore.

He should absolutely have Maddisons spot. He earnt his place off the back of last season, he shouldn't need to be proving himself again with cameos. Like you say, just his cameos this season should have seen him start by now.

Nachos needs to learn how to fall over every time he turns a 180 and hold his hip every 20mins or so. Clearly what is required.

Fwiw I haven't seen a second of this game as was at the coast all weekend. Madders has been out of form for ****ing ages though.

It's funny, because part of the problem with Nacho used to be that he did actually often do well when he started games (in Cups, etc) even before this form, but always failed to make an impact as a sub which was his main role for us.

Now he's doing that as well.

I wonder if part of Brendan's thinking is that Nacho can make a difference off the bench now, so that's how he'll use him. When really, he's been our best player in this calendar year and should be getting a starting place by now.

I spent about 5 minutes of the second half focussing on Maddy because I wanted to see if my impression that he was ineffective was accurate, in that five minutes he jogged in a circle around an area between the centre circle and our box, he didn't touch the ball at all and passed on any Man City player he happened to pass to the closest of our players to mark, he would have been more effective if he'd just stood still because at least he would have been an obstacle. Maybe he was tired but he was fecking useless and should have been subbed much earlier.

I spent about 5 minutes of the second half focussing on Maddy because I wanted to see if my impression that he was ineffective was accurate, in that five minutes he jogged in a circle around an area between the centre circle and our box, he didn't touch the ball at all and passed on any Man City player he happened to pass to the closest of our players to mark, he would have been more effective if he'd just stood still because at least he would have been an obstacle. Maybe he was tired but he was fecking useless and should have been subbed much earlier.
He's frustrating to "close" watch at the moment.

Nacho, genuinely, needs to one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263