Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between playing this season's man city and this season's Liverpool. We could get a point or 3 off Liverpool ffs. We absolutely deserve to be bottom 3 though.

Imagine if it was us at Anfield tonight instead? We'd have lost scared as we always do there under Rodgers.

It's about our attitude and approach in these games. We've played five lost five against the 'big six' this season so far. We're gutless.

Also Liverpool created about 10 chances they fluffed them all… Leeds ripped open time and time again.

But yeah let’s play like that… this place

Imagine if it was us at Anfield tonight instead? We'd have lost scared as we always do there under Rodgers.

It's about our attitude and approach in these games. We've played five lost five against the 'big six' this season so far. We're gutless.

If we played Liverpool at anfield then we'd very likely be as shit and cowardly as you say and I'd rightly be booting off. We weren't playing them though, we were playing a much superior team.

I’m as Rodgers out as anyone I reckon.

And honestly, I’d usually hate the tactics we deployed today.

I thought given the circumstances, including our slowly improving but very fragile defence, there is very little to complain about here other than the defeat.

My complaint was the same as homers, as soon as we went a goal down we should have immediately made changes. We lost 10 minutes faffing.

But the shape, the substitutions, the fact we saw Soyuncu. Happy there.

BN might need a breather from the football.

Leeds tonight are everything we weren't earlier today. Brave, bright, feisty, unpredictable. They've taken on a 'superior' opponent and beaten them showing admirable guts and effort.

We've got a much better side than Leeds too. In a relegation battle, you can't play scared like we do. It's pathetic.

We're back in the relegation zone where we deserve to be.
I’m sure Marsch is available if we want him.

I’m sure Marsch is available if we want him.

He'll be on the shortlist of 3 managers. The other 2 will also have managed to lose to us this season. Marsching on together chap, Cooper or Situation Vacant.

We deserve to be bottom three based on 13 matches but certainly not based on the last 6. For me it's about momentum and form. I'd be much more worries if the first 7 matches were solid and the last 6 were shit.

We continue how we've playing this last 6 matches and we survive easily.

The more I think about the game yesterday the more i think we were 100% correct in our tactics and timings.

If we had been more expansive and lost 4 or 5 nil then we would immediately have undone all of the good work that must have been done in the last few weeks in relation to defending.

We are probably still a bit mentally fragile but improving. Who knows the gravity of the effect that woudl have manifested itself if we had taken a beating.

As it stands the players are no doubt disappointed at the result, but bar that, they must be pleased with the tactics, performance and ongoing improvement.

Of course, you could argue that had we been more expansive we may have won - to me though, this is a big 'might have,' and certainly not worth the risk.

The more I think about the game yesterday the more i think we were 100% correct in our tactics and timings.

If we had been more expansive and lost 4 or 5 nil then we would immediately have undone all of the good work that must have been done in the last few weeks in relation to defending.

We are probably still a bit mentally fragile but improving. Who knows the gravity of the effect that woudl have manifested itself if we had taken a beating.

As it stands the players are no doubt disappointed at the result, but bar that, they must be pleased with the tactics, performance and ongoing improvement.

Of course, you could argue that had we been more expansive we may have won - to me though, this is a big 'might have,' and certainly not worth the risk.
Exactly this. They can take huge positives from their performance and being disappointed not to have taken a point from that game is a good thing.

Had we had been more open, they'd have absolutely demolished us. No good could have come from that in terms of confidence or goal difference.

It's remarkable that the same posters who have banged on about us not preparing specifically for each opponent, are pissing and moaning about us preparing specifically (and correctly) for an opponent....

I don't think Mendy should come in for too much stick for the foul. Everyone will talk about the great free kick but not how it was given from the wankiest, softest foul on Grealish, he hardly touched him, the dirty cheating twat.
agreed Amartey should have dealt with the high ball prior to Mendy fouling him.

Looks like he lost it in the sun.
Just an unfortunate set of events.
It was an unlucky foul as Grealish ran in front, his calf caught Mendy's knee as Mendy was running forward.
The free kick was a ****ing worldie, a few inches left he misses.

Youris effort from the corner, a few inches left, he scores.

Fine margins.

Defensively, it was almost perfect.

Now for 2 games we have to get something from both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757