Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We often don't play well after a break :(

Never got going - rubbish from the first to last minute. Nobody looked in the least bit interested in going for a win, or when we were behind - in trying to at least get a point

I didn't expect to get anything from this match. But I expected a better performance.

Agreed. We showed little ambition and ultimately got what we deserved out of it.

I really do think teams play scared of this Man City side.

All a bit disappointing and to Lako’s point if we do meet them in a cup final we might want to think long and hard about those tactics.

West Ham is an enormous game.

Perez was lucky to stay on the pitch imo how long is Soyuncu out for as Amartey is scary? I think today has highlighted how short we are in certain areas.

Soyuncu was a blow. The need to wrap Ricardo and Maddison in cotton wool is perhaps the right decision but we needed them to beat these.
Vardy goes half a yard later on 45mins and its a different game.
Fine margins.

If we won then the dream was there still. Sadly we have to put up with Pep winning the league against all odds again....he's such a genius.

It was a free hit. We were disappointing but no harm done, especially with the Chelsea defeat.

As BN said, Harvey Barnes was a huge miss today. We just didn't have that explosive pace on the counter to open them up.

Set up like cowards
Played like complete pussies

Ndidi and Fofana were very good
Everyone else was shite

Happy Easter “City” , we’ll roll over and hand you the game on a ****ing plate

Could have been worse. A point would have been nice but no biggy. We're still in control of our own destiny.

Something I noticed today, somewhat away from the usual perhaps.... I thought Amartey played some really nice football. It quite surprised me. Late in the game, he seemed to get his dander up and lose his usual timidity, started playing his own game.

We move on.

Could have been worse. A point would have been nice but no biggy. We're still in control of our own destiny.

Something I noticed today, somewhat away from the usual perhaps.... I thought Amartey played some really nice football. It quite surprised me. Late in the game, he seemed to get his dander up and lose his usual timidity, started playing his own game.

We move on.
He did. Last 10 minutes he was our best performer.

If we won then the dream was there still. Sadly we have to put up with Pep winning the league against all odds again....he's such a genius.
He does such a brilliant job convincing everyone that man city are actually skint

Just didn't play that first half. Very disappointing. Sayingthat we started playing in the second and ended up losing 0-2.

As Brown Nose Brown Nose said in the match thread. We're too weak sometimes and just don't do the dirty enough. Every challenge they were shouting, every free kick we got they stood over and stopped us taking it quickly. Get a dangerous position and they hacked us down.

We had chances in the second half and should have done better.

Unfortunately I think we're seeing the end of Vardy. He's lost that half a yard of explosive pace.

I had a kip on the sofa then took the dog out. Beautiful evening.

So very, very predictable. That daft ****ing international break couldn’t have come at a worse time for us.

He does such a brilliant job convincing everyone that man city are actually skint

He's such a massive **** and it's embarrassing they try and relate his achievements to managers that didn't just buy success......he hasn't actually bought it yet as still no CL. He's a **** and will always just be a **** who bought (or nearly bought) what was expected.

On reflection, playing them straight after an international break wasn't good. It didn't look like we had spent much time preparing tactically.

I think we were a man short in midfield. I don't understand why we set up that way but Perez was asked to play centre midfield and did well but he's not a central midfielder.

We got away with Castagne against Mahrez because Mahrez wasn't on it today. We didn't get away with having Albrighton on the right. Last season, one of our main strengths was our full backs. Since Justin got injured, they are our weak link too often. We're badly missing Justin and the real Ricardo.

In all honesty, the weakest link in our side today was Vardy. I was hoping after a two week break he'd be sharp and up for it. I know we didn't have much possession but his runs and control were poor. He was also hobbling about holding his groin a lot. Frankly, now that Maddison is back, maybe he needs an op or an extended time out? It just feels like he's not fit and out of form and a sorry shadow of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757