Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
An early header for Rashford.
A late one that was saved by Schmeichel.
Both probably better chances than the ones we created.
But other than that, what chances?

I don’t think anyone is particularly pissed off that we didn’t beat Man United, even though they weren’t all that. It was just the same old problems yet again, Puel’s reign summed up in a single game. Started awfully, plodding in the middle of the pitch and no threat of ever getting in behind the opposition.

An early header for Rashford.
A late one that was saved by Schmeichel.
Both probably better chances than the ones we created.

Although not clear cut, Johnny Evans should have done better with his air kick.

We were unlucky and I took positives out of our performance.

I don’t necessarily worry about relegation this year. However we lose players and will be in a for a tough ride next season.

Although not clear cut, Johnny Evans should have done better with his air kick.

We were unlucky and I took positives out of our performance.

I don’t necessarily worry about relegation this year. However we lose players and will be in a for a tough ride next season.

Could be 7 points off the drop zone after Sunday.

The current trajectory suggests we'll be around and about bottom half.

If we had taken our chances, we would have won.
End of.

Sorry HTB but this is pure bollocks.

Such a simplistic, one sided viewpoint.

They had clearer chances.

One things for sure, if we'd create a few more proper chances we'd have had a better chance of one of those chances being talked about as something other than a chance.

There is a difference between a shot on goal and a chance. We have a reasonable amount of shots, but very few chances, mainly because by the time we get into the final third, the defence have been able to set themselves up, and we shoot from range, from impossible angles or into a wall of defenders.

Sorry HTB but this is pure bollocks.

Such a simplistic, one sided viewpoint.

They had clearer chances.

One things for sure, if we'd create a few more proper chances we'd have had a better chance of one of those chances being talked about as something other than a chance.
Chances are that you are correct.

View attachment 14633

I want to know how we play too. What is the strategy?
You mean you don’t already know? In summary it basically involves passing backwards (or sideways if we’re feeling adventurous), then lumping it to the opposition when we get bored of doing that, and only playing for the last two thirds of a match.

Would have thought you’d have known this by now...

Our fans can be right arseholes.

Ghezzal was our best player when he came on, he's got more movement in one leg than the rest of the midfield combined.

Bet he felt fantastic when his supporters reacted like spoilt ****ing brats when he came on.

Him and Barnes the only 2 positives for me.

Infighting started in my area today, surprised it's taken that long.

We just don't understand the concept of pass and MOVE, ****ing static.
oh they move, they disappear upfield to a point where it needs an eye of the needle pass to find them, its decision making that lets us down far too often, Maddison is guilty of this a lot, during the first half we were knocking it around to draw someone out of position and it worked, Matic came flying out, ball comes to Maddison so what does he do? pass it into the gap, dribble there? no he knocked it wide to Chilwell and Matic wondered back to plug the gap.

Nice to see Ben Chilwell toeing the party line ...

There should be accountability for statements like this.

Any (caveat: decent) player saying words to the effect that we should ‘be patient’ or ‘stick with the team’ should not be allowed a transfer to another club at the end of the season and should practice what they preach.

I wonder if in those circumstances they would think fans were overreacting?

Is complaining after a year or more of watching absolute shite impatient? Its the usual shit of learning bla bla. I'd be more patient of the expected timescale of the learning period.

I admit that I am largely a TV fan now but I have never understood the attitude that one should not criticize a football team. When I go to the theatre, I not only exercise my own view of the actors and the play, I may well read a view upon the worth of the experience in a newspaper, before deciding to go.

Football is now an expensive entertainment: why should the attendees accept poor fayre?

I’ve not really commented much on this one but after letting it settle I want to add my thoughts.

I can see Puel’s plan a little bit. He looks for weaknesses of the opposition in the first half and then tries to exploit them in the second. It’s not an awful tactic but obviously when we concede within the first ten minutes it’s not going to work.
I don’t think we were awful against United and probably deserved a point. We restricted them to few chances and got few of our own.
If Puel thinks this is the way forward, Vardy has what feels like a good conversion rate to make it work, although I don’t have stats to back that up.

The substitution of Maddison felt ludicrous, but Ghezzal wasn’t totally awful today. Perhaps there is a footballer somewhere in there?

I don’t think we learnt much either way in this match. A narrow loss, never looked like we would win, looked like we might get a point. Not great but very predictable.

Puel needs to continue to change things up. Last couple of games have been a bit more lively. Be interesting to see the impact of Teilemans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757