Post Match Leicester 0 Newcastle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would say is that Brendan will hopefully learn a lot from that.

Credit to Newcastle. They did their job perfectly. But we've been frustrated plenty of times by teams coming with a game plan to keep us out this season. Newcastle did it well, but I think this will show Brendan one of the big challenges he has. I think this kind of game is why he will want to look at Slimani this summer or find another striker in that mould.

Yep. Just have to make sure we don’t end with a whimper but looking at the fixtures we could well do.

That was a horrible performance. Mistake after mistake and just so pedestrian at times. With 10 minutes to go we looked as if we thought we'd got all the time in the world.

Newcastle set up well and executed their plan to the letter but we were so poor today. Really disappointing.

Season over?

Yup. We love Friday games don't we. Plenty of players having an off day but I can't remember the last time Ricardo played that poorly. On another note, when Chilwell is constantly bombing forward as he does it makes Barnes being there completely pointless. We could've taken him off and stuck another forward on early on.

Can't remember their GK having to make a save in the second half - attack was toothless. Might have been a penalty at the end, but really? The cross was rubbish and sailed 10 yards over YT head. Fair play to Newcastle - their game plan worked perfectly. At least we dont have to worry about qualifying for the Europa cup anymore

Absolute ****ing garbage. Created **** all,wouldn't have scored of we'd played til tomorrow night. No ideas, no craft,toothless despite a ton of possession. Against a dismal shitty side who haven't won away since Santa was warming his sleigh up & have now more or less guaranteed that they'll be stinking out the league for another season. Lots of work to be done. Can't wait til Summer.

NOTE: Interesting tactical move to reduce us to ten men by bringing Nacho on. The usual non-appearance. Lets face it, he's not in need of a confidence boost, he's not out of form, he's not looking for a different system. He's just ****ing shit. Man City have done us over there. Just get rid & take the loss. He's worthless.

Barnes and Gray might as well have not been there. Both fkin terrible. Carragher summed up where we were going wrong in trying to break them down and it was a lack of movement and poor positioning from those two. Solid showing from Newcastle. Deserved the points.

Lets be fair, Newcastle have done that to some of the top teams.

Absolute ****ing garbage. Created **** all,wouldn't have scored of we'd played til tomorrow night. No ideas, no craft,toothless despite a ton of possession. Against a dismal shitty side who haven't won away since Santa was warming his sleigh up & have now more or less guaranteed that they'll be stinking out the league for another season. Lots of work to be done. Can't wait til Summer.

NOTE: Interesting tactical move to reduce us to ten men by bringing Nacho on. The usual non-appearance. Lets face it, he's not in need of a confidence boost, he's not out of form, he's not looking for a different system. He's just ****ing shit. Man City have done us over there. Just get rid & take the loss. He's worthless.
yes he is

72% possession but we didn't get a corner until the 73rd minute. Clearly none of them fancy a short summer holiday and a long trip easy while it's still July.

I thought Vardy was the poorest I've seen him for some time. Barnes and Ndidi also had very poor games today although Ndidi was being marked out of the game and constantly shadowed. Gray started really well and I thought we were going to get another good performance out of him but he then became completely invisible. Morgan and Ricardo were also suspect today.

The real frustration for me though was Chilwell again. His improvement has been there for all to see this season and he's had some great games but recently his form has been so poor. He's pushing way too far up too often and not getting back. On the rare occasions he is where he should be defensively, he is so weak in the challenge sometimes he may as well not be there.

As for Nacho.... I really don't see the point in wasting the time it takes to reduce us to 10 men.

Lackluster performance. Tielemans has been dictating our play recently but he was bound to have an off day eventually, combined with Newcastle targeting our weak players on the ball and we never looked like getting anything out of the game.

I felt we perhaps should have used Albrighton sooner but other than him we had no way to change the game from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757