Post Match Leicester 0 Newcastle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very well executed and not just '10 men behind the ball'.

That's how I see it too. It doesn't take a tactical genius to park the bus (sorry Jose) and neither does it take one to work out that we've struggled against this tactic in the past. But Newcastle not only got men in defence but also frustrated us in midfield. I reckon Ndidi was targeted for instance and consequently didn't have one of his better games but Rodgers picked up on this (something like 'we didn't have the midfield for this type of game') Madison didn't get the space that made him look so effective against Huddersfield. Ndidi has a great deal of work to do if we sort of play two number 10s. Target that area and you frustrate the heart of our team.

Yes, we kinda messed up with our fullback/winger combos but I don't think you can overly blame our players if the opposition works hard, and to a plan, to stifle us. Credit where it's due IMHO.

A learning process for Rodgers and one for the players to work on on the training ground. I'd wanted for our winning streak to continue, as much for team building as for points, but we were hauled short by an effective Newcastle performance. I'm disappointed but not down hearted.

It appears as though we get camera shy this season. One win in fifteen on TV so far and we were embarrassingly shite in that match.

We looked like a team of lamp posts whenever we got near their pen area, also couldn't believe the number of times we were half a leg length short or fell over when trying to play the ball. Was it Vaseline that was being sprayed through the sprinklers?

I was unable to get to the ground and watched the match in the pub. Would somebody who was at the ground please tell me the reaction of the crowd to Iheanacho coming on.

I was unable to get to the ground and watched the match in the pub. Would somebody who was at the ground please tell me the reaction of the crowd to Iheanacho coming on.

Indifference David, muted applause but I certainly heard no booing.

In his defence, I saw several occasions when Nacho got in good positions with his back to goal on the edge of their area, ready to receive the ball but no one had a vision to slot a pass through to him. We do need an alternative to Vardy when things aren't happening. No point just throwing on someone else of the same type.

In his defence, I saw several occasions when Nacho got in good positions with his back to goal on the edge of their area, ready to receive the ball but no one had a vision to slot a pass through to him. .

I saw that too and wondered if we weren't looking for him. Or hadn't seen him. Or preferred other options.

In his defence, I saw several occasions when Nacho got in good positions with his back to goal on the edge of their area, ready to receive the ball but no one had a vision to slot a pass through to him. We do need an alternative to Vardy when things aren't happening. No point just throwing on someone else of the same type.
He also showed himself to be pretty quick a couple of times too, maybe he can get some game time (more than the dying enbers of the game) to justify thr hype when we bought him and for Rodgers to assess his potential for next season.

The ones slagging the home atmosphere off are bang on.

We've become entitled and boring in the stands.

As much as I think UFS are arseholes at times, they at least keep singing.

A new boss and a team full of great promise and the Leicester fans revert back to their boring best.

The ones slagging the home atmosphere off are bang on.

We've become entitled and boring in the stands.

As much as I think UFS are arseholes at times, they at least keep singing.

A new boss and a team full of great promise and the Leicester fans revert back to their boring best.

It may be true but in the reverse fixture they were silent and most ****ed off on the hour mark. Pot kettle etc etc. It's a problem at most grounds.

At least results went our way regarding the top 7 hopefully Arsenal can square us away tomorrow. When a team puts two banks of four in our way surely whipped in low crosses are ideal? we just lacked a bit of courage on the ball , there were occasions when we opted for the simple 5m pass then another 5m pass to move it wide, when in reality a harder 1st time ball would have created space and pulled their back 4 out of shape, we reverted back Puel football at times.
when teams make it difficult we need to pepper the goal with shots we hardly did that I agree with Homer Newcastle are a poor side we should have performed a lot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757