Post Match Leicester 0 Newcastle 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just used the apathy thing in another discussion. Fans, the board, the manager.....we're all just coasting along as the reality is that we're not going to sack him and this season is a waste of time at best and a disaster at worst. Ticket prices etc all go up yet our ambition has gone from challenging European places/winning a cup to finishing outside the bottom 3.
Scary at the ground today. Now I can understand it being subdued given the start the side made…but the response to the absolute shit, the shoulder shrugging, it’s not good. He’s under no pressure whatsoever.

Our slow start was the reason we lost - we then got flustered and were defensively poor.

If we started more aggressively, I think we could've got something from the game.

The rest of the match we were better, kept the ball, defensively strong, and huffed and puffed.

Not time to panic again. We've lost 3 in the last 10 matches in the league, zoom out a bit.
Absolutely spot on, Newcastle hunted in packs and closed us down from the KO we just didn't bother, sad thing was we gifted them all 3 goals and we also had some excellent opportunities in the 1sy half but messed them all up.

A genuine embarrassment of a performance

Castagne was just about ok, but the other three clowns at the back were genuinely ****ing awful. Dreadful, dreadful, awful players

Barnes, Thomas, KDH amd Daka were absolutely dreadful, massive clear out needed in January.

There's no point having a clear out unless we sign better players to replace them.

Barnes scored in 4 of his previous 5 league games and has been our second best attacking player this season.
Daka has been our most effective striker this season (two more league goals than Vardy, from less time on the pitch)
If we get rid of Thomas who would you play at left back?

Tielemans hopelessly unfit, Barnes a ****ing mike off the game, and Daka is just ****ing rubbish

But Soumare, **** me, what a ****ing terrible performance that was. As the game was lost after seven minutes, I took the opportunity to watch him in detail. When we are in possession he tends to hide, but he is not awful . It is out of possession when he comes into his own - wandering slowly around the pitch, with no clue where he should be or what he should be doing . Absolutely stealing a living, and ****ing criminal that he wasn’t hooked at half time. Total ****ing Rubbish.

Ndidi and Vardy looked ok when they came on, but surrounded by utter ineptitude

My lad wanted to leave at half time but I made him stay. I’m a bad, bad man

One thing I noticed from today's game was how many scapegoats we have in the team.
Certain players are lambasted as soon as they should take a mistake or do something some supporters don't like.

Ward
Thomas
Amartey
KDH
Daka
Perez
Nacho

now Barnes is coming in to that category, as well as Youri

it certainly doesn't make for a happy camp!

One thing I noticed from today's game was how many scapegoats we have in the team.
Certain players are lambasted as soon as they should take a mistake or do something some supporters don't like.

Ward
Thomas
Amartey
KDH
Daka
Perez
Nacho

now Barnes is coming in to that category, as well as Youri

it certainly doesn't make for a happy camp!
Not really scapegoats when you name an entire team is it :043::043::043: **** me, pass the gammon.

Scary at the ground today. Now I can understand it being subdued given the start the side made…but the response to the absolute shit, the shoulder shrugging, it’s not good. He’s under no pressure whatsoever.

It's a fantastic example of why you can't stand still in sport. Even if all is well, you have to constantly change and evolve. To be fair to BR, he was saying this very clearly almost a year ago. However, to counter this, the reason he hasn't got the budget to 'refresh' is because he and his pal Congerton spunked every penny we had on largely unnecessary and/or not good enough players.

Our manager has been here almost four years and he is a one trick pony. It's a good trick, but it goes stale. When we start like we did today, there is no 'Plan B'. We all know that it's game over after 7 minutes.

The squad is so tired it's untrue. We have a bunch of players that aren't good enough or who have been effectively told they're not good enough by their manager for years. We have a bunch of past it players that will never be able to recreate former glories. We have a bunch who see the way things are and are simply trying to get away. And then there are the 'constantly injured' brigade. It doesn't leave much.

As a fan, I find our style of football occasionally excellent but much more often incredibly boring. Pointless passing from mostly second rate players without sufficient talent and/or hunger doesn't get the heart rate going. It may seem ungrateful but I honestly find it really difficult to give a shit when we play like we did today. We season ticket holders have all aged together and we are almost all absolutely awful at generating a postive or negative atmosphere. We need new blood in the support too but they're not allowed in.

Top level footy in the UK is absolutely shit

I too left early, as did many, many others around me. Look, let's be honest, they were all pretty shit including Barnes but he was no worse than anybody else and probably better than a couple of others. He's been one of our most potent attacking players this season (even though that's like choosing the best of all my genital warts).

Soumare was ****ing abominable. I mean, absolutely stupifyingly ineffective and so, so lazy. Daka, well, I don't even know where to begin. He couldn't shoot, pass, dribble or cross today. Nothing he did was of any quality whatsoever. I thought it was madness to start him ahead of Vardy and so it proved to be the case. Vardy was so, so much more effective.

Castagne gets a pass and I'm not sure Ward is doing anything about the goals (although he came for a cross at one point and looked like an elderly drunk suffering a fall). Ndidi and Vardy did okay when they came on and Perez didn't do a lot wrong albeit he didn't create much either. The rest? Horrible, horrible, horrible.

We got it wrong at the start. The selection was poor and, tactically, we didn't make any real attempt to change anything.

Liverpool will smash us to pieces if we turn up in that state.

Probably wouldn't have changed much but there was at least one Newcastle player in the penalty area when Woods hit the ball. Not sure why it wasn't called back.

There were a lot of bad performances, but Youri stunk the place out, he gave the ball away so many times…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757