Post Match Leicester 0 Wolves 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger

Is this some crudely disguised reference to fisting?

Not going to grumble at that. They're a decent side when they can play their way. They sat deep to stop Vardy and unfortunately our shooting and corners.....argh those ****ing corners.....weren't good enough.

I thought they looked a bit flat in general, which is probably understandable.

I thought we set up to make sure we didn’t lose, rather than really go at them for the win. On the balance of play, we were probably the better team, but we could easily have lost.

Pile of shit.

If we're going to be that gutless and defensive, we might as well have kept Puel.

Wolves were dead on their feet for the last half an hour and we did nothing. If they were more on their game, they'd have beat us comfortably.

No chance we're getting anywhere near the top six with that sort of shite.

Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison and Perez were all shockingly bad, Barnes made a difference when he came on but we're so toothless against anyone that defends deep. Surely everyone with a brain will do that against us.

Pissed off.

Pile of shit.

If we're going to be that gutless and defensive, we might as well have kept Puel.

Wolves were dead on their feet for the last half an hour and we did nothing. If they were more on their game, they'd have beat us comfortably.

Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison and Perez were all shockingly bad, Barnes made a difference when he came on but we're so toothless against anyone that defends deep. Surely everyone with a brain will do that against us.

Pissed off.
First game Brown Nose. I am sure Brendan will see the issues in our play and make the necessary changes.

BTW, how did Vardy miss what was arguably our best chance? Not just miss the chance but miss the ball. It probably came at him quickly, and maybe he was wrong footed, but those are the chances that strikers normally bury.

Still, they missed some real sitters.

Won’t miss Maguire etc etc... defensively perhaps.... aerial threat from countless corners? Would have been target practice for him today.

Thought it for quite some time but I'm absolutely sure that Chilwell is going backwards rapidly as a player.

Best thing about today was that we finally have a manager who can see Gray for what he is rather than the player the cheap media believe.

Way too narrow today, really stunts our attack.

Chilwell was beyond awful today. What's wrong with him?

Cags was superb. Man of the match for me.

Writing on the wall for Demmy.

Two tactical points.

1. Several times, Wolves tried to isolate Soyuncu on the breakaway as they clearly saw him as our weak link. They were wrong. Soyuncu is quick and strong. He was excellent. Dare I say it, but if Wolves had targeted Maguire in the same position today, they would have destroyed him because there is no way he would have been quick enough to cope. There was one position that was identical to the one where Maguire got sent off last season at Burnley. Soyuncu just accelerated and took the ball.

2. Maddison's delivery from corners and free kicks was just about the worst I can ever remember since I saw Kane take them for England. If he dedicated as much time to practising them as he does his wanky handshakes, he might find a team mate once in a while. More than anything else today, he stopped us gaining any momentum. He also had a couple of really decent shooting positions and he took an extra touch each time. So frustrating to watch.

Well I thought it was a complete shiftiest. Truly feckin dreadful at times

We were insanely narrow, and hopelessly deep. That set up was genuinely awful and only improved when we finally brought on a wide player. By the time Albrighton also finally came on it was far too late - Ricardo had worked his tits off playing as both winger and full back and was knackered after an hour.

Ndidi saved us in the second half, as did their finishing. We, however, were completely toothless. Their keeper might as well have been sat in a deckchair with a fag on for the whole game. Shambles

Four things of note:
1. If we keep Maddison on corners will not score a single goal from one this whole season. A dozen attempts, and each one shitter than the last
2. If we defend like that again, we will concede an enormous amount of goals - set pieces , one on ones, we were all over the place
3. I can absolutely guarantee that if we play out from goal kicks like that all season, we will concede double figures from instances where Schmeichel flecks it up
4. Ben Chilwell absolutely stunk the place out. A great steaming festering pile of turd from start to finish

Pile of shit.

Pissed off.

Let them get up to speed before we get too silly.

Let them get up to speed before we get too silly.

We can't afford to though. Two of last seasons' top six are playing now, but the other four all won. You cannot break into that club by taking a few games early season to work out how to play.

Handball is handball whether deliberate or accidental good decision. Why is it Chillwell will not cross the football? so many opportunities to put it in the box and we took the safe option and passed it 5m inside. All in all a point is better than none.
with only Vardy playing against 3 6ft CBs why bother crossing it? It's a low percentage decision

Maddison on the wing has got to stop so have Hamza and Wilf in the same team unless playing Liverpool or Man City

We can't afford to though. Two of last seasons' top six are playing now, but the other four all won. You cannot break into that club by taking a few games early season to work out how to play.

We can’t be flawless, I’m looking at the positives today like the centre half pairing looking good. If that performance came in October then I would feel a bit worried but come on now. The way we want to play will come together with time and the attackers need to gel.

It was a ****ing crap game and we didn’t play well, I’m under no illusions about that but let’s not jump to conclusions about how the entire season will pan out.

On VAR, I would be completely gutted if we had a goal disallowed for that infraction. Yeah I’m sure there’s some law they’ve introduced that makes what happened a foul and I’m only going off the replay on the big screen but that seemed so harsh I couldn’t muster the enthusiasm to get out of my seat and goad the Wolves fans.

BTW, how did Vardy miss what was arguably our best chance? Not just miss the chance but miss the ball. It probably came at him quickly, and maybe he was wrong footed, but those are the chances that strikers normally bury.

Still, they missed some real sitters.
It was fired in at him and went straight between his legs. From our seats you could see it clear as day and his feet didn’t even look as though they had moved by the time the ball was past him. I’m not sure if he was intending to flick it in off his heel or not and I haven’t seen it back, but it was all very quick.

Wilf and Ricardo were, in my opinion, world class.

Hamza was excellent and knitted us together in midfield but I was disappointed in Tielemans, Perez and particularly Maddison.

A good side Wolves though, they'll keep a lot of clean sheets this season.

Chilly was absolutely awful.. he's so hapless with everything, he doesn't seem to concentrate at all..

..and Soyuncu, tremendous. That was a real pressure game for him. He knew the football world was watching today not just the Leicester fans..

Our corners have been dreadful for years but they were worse than ever today. Surely something they must work on? Just appalling.

End of the day, not a bad result (given VAR etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757